Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack: I don't find players in matchmaking

Doc-Orange

Hello.

I can solo veil but this is slow and boring for me. I want to play with randoms and have good experiences with it. My problem is that I cannot find other players when I want to use my own Railjack. I switch between the regions but there are no other players. So I cannot play and this is frustrating.

I dont want to use recruiting chat because in all other activities in Warframe (beside Kuva Lich) I find players instantly.

I really like RJ but I dont think that its an success when you even dont find players anymore.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

Hello.

I can solo veil but this is slow and boring for me. I want to play with randoms and have good experiences with it. My problem is that I cannot find other players when I want to use my own Railjack. I switch between the regions but there are no other players. So I cannot play and this is frustrating.

I dont want to use recruiting chat because in all other activities in Warframe (beside Kuva Lich) I find players instantly.

I really like RJ but I dont think that its an success when you even dont find players anymore.

Thats happening when all players already have everything, and Railjack is become bored to them, they dont have any new content, and new challenges, adn the game is the end.

Same is with me, I already have all stuff, so for me is bored to play always same shiit over and over, I dont see point in that.

So if u like that then play solo, noone can stops u, try to enjoy if u see yourself in that!
Good luck. 😉

vor 5 Minuten schrieb gluih:

Are you going to gian point?

I can only speak for myself, but I'm just waiting for new stuff to be added, because running the same exterminate over and over again isn't all that much fun.

Yes, I speak about gian point only.

22 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

ok.. that sounds like a "you" problem, since you're refusing to use recruit chat. maybe it's the only way you're gonna find anybody, since most people have done the anomaly farm and either gotten or given up trying for Mk3 Vidar Reactors and whatever else they want from the Veil.

if people still ignore you, you can at least say you tried everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

ok.. that sounds like a "you" problem, since you're refusing to use recruit chat. maybe it's the only way you're gonna find anybody, since most people have done the anomaly farm and either gotten or given up trying for Mk3 Vidar Reactors and whatever else they want from the Veil.

I wouldn't expect recruit chat to be much better if nobody is on the node otherwise.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

One big positive point in the past of Warframe was always the instant match-making. I tried recruiting only once and after 10 minutes I gave up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

I tried recruiting only once and after 10 minutes I gave up.

you must not Radshare then.. I've waited up to an hour for a Radshare before, 10 mins really isn't that long to wait.

sure, recruit chat isn't a guarantee, but you have to explore every option before you can say for sure "yep, nobody is doing this".

Yeah, I think this is a problem. Even when I was clearing the RJ startchart the first time it took me a LOOONG time to get any mission going ,as all the nodes I tried to join were deserted and I had to click them over and over to finally get a group after like 10 minutes... And that's when the feature was hot and new...

Here's the issues:

1. There's alot of nodes , and most of them are not really desirable to run past the first time clear since there are shorter missions that give the same reward (missions like gian point). If there was mission variety and different rewards in each mission types, people would care, but now people pretty much only play gian point and the anomalies, leaving the rest of the RJ starchart deserted. Almost as bad as Liches spreading all users over the starchart leading to deserted nodes all over the system.
  2. As time passes, more and more people have upgraded RJ ships, meaning they no longer join public games, as they want to use their own ship instead of fixing breaches on someone else's ship. This situation isn't going to get any better with time, as more and more people reach veil and start getting their RJ into fighting shape. Nowadays I rarely get a full team except on gian point, and when I do get  a team on giant point ,it's usually inactive people that just leech on my kills and don't even attempt to fix the ship or destroy the crewships.
  3. With the way the mode is made, as always, it's aimed at the 2% of really active hardcore WF players, just like most of the new content DE develops. This means most people simply won't play much of it or have access to RJ in the first place. Unless you're a really hardcore player , you don't have the ressources, time and patience to interact with the new feature.
  4. One single gametype can only go so far in terms of player retention. By now quite a few of the most hardcore players are already burned out of the mode and have pretty much gotten the mods / parts / intrinsics already and are back to running regular starchart stuff. There's nothing really sustainable in the current system (asides from the desire to get slightly better rolls, but even then, after a while you start getting near perfect parts that are good enough anyway).

For solutions, here's what imho probably needs to happen.

• I think as more and more people get their RJ into fighting shape, and with the release of the Command Intrinsics, I think De better start thinking of making RJ a mode you can play with four RJ simultaneously in the same mission. Nobody feels like patching holes and using the crappy side turrets anymore, and since AW are as durable as a napkin and deal pathetic damage, the pilot is pretty much the only one having fun anyway, best to allow players to run four RJ with a couple AI bots doing the repairs and ship maintenance. The game can already handle three other players running grineer crewships, I see no reason why it coudn't run four railjacks at once. Just give players the option to either join someone's ship or go with your own ship in a mission (if you have one).
  • We're going to need new mission types, new rewards and new things to seek soon, as you won't retain player in the long term with the current system otherwise. Hopefully the corpus expansion will come with new intrinsic skills, new avionics, new weapons and a higher tier of ship components.
  • RJ definitively needs to get integrated into current starchart content, instead of being an island you visit and burn out on like all the rest of the "islands".

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, gluih said:

Are you going to gian point?

I can only speak for myself, but I'm just waiting for new stuff to be added, because running the same exterminate over and over again isn't all that much fun.

Been running that mission for 2 weeks now and i have yet to see a single Vidar Reactor. But thanks DE for that 2 to 4% drop. Life changing.

Edited by Hyrianeth

1 hour ago, Doc-Orange said:

Hello.

I hope commander is for solo experience....i dont play it anymore railjack untill there. I really dont like others flying with my ship and some afkers loosers leeching resources....

And i want add one more thing...railjack is very complex with a lot tasks to do....with commander i really hope make the experience more enjoyable and less "sit in your chair, fire enemies, lift your butt to repair ship or kill crewship, back to the chair....1 second later....another crew to kill.....here we go again and again -.-

Railjack is just terrible -.-

well at least i can talk for myself, but since i already got the shedu (with formas and everything), and unlocked the best stuff for my raijack, i don't see any reason too keep playing,

i love the game mode tho, but not enough content at the moment, and i took my sweet time doing everything since rising tie

41 minutes ago, Hyrianeth said:

Been running that mission for 2 weeks now and i have yet to see a single Vidar Reactor. But thanks DE for that 2 to 4% drop. Life changing.

Do you at least have a Lavan? That's pretty much the level I had until the buffs and you should be fine with it.

It's because there are a lot of hurdles to make the mode a nuisance. First people have to have access to archwing which slims the pool down, you then lose all the people who signed back into warframe from the excitement and saw the wait time to make their own railjack and bailed compared to those that stuck around and just jumped into the mode without their own railjack. You then have the auto scrap mechanic that makes grinding it pretty annoying since you just can't do mission after mission, you have to stop every so often to sort through your materials and scrab what is useless so it's not surprising. Not to mention every mission being the same and all..

1 hour ago, Hyrianeth said:

I had one with 52 cap or something before the reroll pumped it up to 93. Still can't fit any tactical avionics though lol.

But I got the same problem with Zetki Hyperstrike. Wiki says Kairo's Rest (or however you spell that) on Saturn drops it. I've been running that missions for a week and I could build a house out of Lavan Hyperstrikes but I am yet to find a Zetki one.

I don't think there are many people who play RJ in pubs to be honest. This game mode is more demanding in regards to teamwork (unlike liches where you basically go and kill stuff), and has many options for intentional trolling (wasting all munitions, all flux, afking, wasting resources etc.), and it is also rather sensitive to connection quality in terms of bugs, so I would imagine a lot of people prefer to at least try to form a group in the LFG chat, or play with friends/clanmates. Personally I play RJ mostly solo or with friends sometimes, I wouldn't dare to play these missions in a public match.

I'm not sure why people are saying teamwork is necessary as a reason for not finding groups. Just because DE said Railjack would be a co-op experience, doesn't mean it is. Two people can handle everything without increasing the time a run takes, pilot kills fighters, other person can forge+take out crew ships+any boarders.

This isn't day 1 where people were doing Veil missions with a stock RJ, I almost always end up on a fully/near fully upgraded railjack where the pilot needs no gunners, just someone on the forge and crewships. Given pilots mainly complain about people being useless on the guns, this wouldn't apply if you're the one joining a pub though unless that's what you do.

A lack of groups, which by the way does apply even to LFG, comes down to a lot of people already getting their ship parts, and even reaching 10/10/10/10, with others not even bothering going beyond 8/8/8/8. The game mode offers no rewards outside of RJ, as you can't even really get all the archwing mods out of playing RJ. The only other meaningful general reward is the Umbra Forma, but good luck getting one.

Cause everybody already left this "island". Ppl who actually cared/were hyped for RJ farmed the hell out of it in first week or two even with the AWFUL bugs around. Luckily this vidar core, avionics or w/e has so pitiful drop chance that ppl are still farming for it here and there. 

And as post above said, you dont need full squad with certain roles, you can carry whole group if you know what you doing and have proper gear/enough intrinsics.

Just sit in LFG on EU or NA region, there are still ppl looking for more.

I host pubs ,

Three times per sitting.

Don't really feel like playing again and again, now that i dont have anything to farm , 3 times is as much i can handle of doing the exact same thing over and over again and even though the rest of warframe is also a grind , it is at least a lot more varied.

When my 82 cap vidar rolled into a 97 cap one i knew i would not be playing it as much.

I also have all the avionics ( maybe a vidar predator and zetki hull weave is missing ) and weapons with top 5 % rolls (+58% or +28% wherever applicable  but haven't repaired any lavans cause there is no need to)

Zetki carcinnox on pilot , vidar carcinnox on sides.

My engines and shields are also pretty close to the top.

My intrinsics are 8,7,9,7

I can very easily manage solo gian point in 15 minutes or less , 

10 minutes when i have a half decent squad.

I can't remember the last time i had a catastrophic hull breach.

In short:

I have a good railjack , i just don't feel like playing it as often as the core game.

why would there be people playing it?  its not fun repeatable content, once you get the things you need, if at all then there is no reason to go back to it, as such its a barren wasteland just like all their other isolated content and 90% of the original starmap.  It also doesnt help its a bugridden mess, ive been stuck several times with a black or blue screen after exiting a crew ship and end up with no means to carry on, no escape menu, /unstuck does nothing, its borderline unplayable, i think they are taking some advice from bethesda and fallout76 with regards to quality control.

1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

why would there be people playing it?  its not fun repeatable content, once you get the things you need, if at all then there is no reason to go back to it, as such its a barren wasteland just like all their other isolated content and 90% of the original starmap.  It also doesnt help its a bugridden mess, ive been stuck several times with a black or blue screen after exiting a crew ship and end up with no means to carry on, no escape menu, /unstuck does nothing, its borderline unplayable, i think they are taking some advice from bethesda and fallout76 with regards to quality control.

Preach it Bother/Sister :clap:

• Like 2