Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So pets in RJ, and Pets 2.0

Formous

It's not discussed often, but with railjack, Ive been running into more and more instances where in I am frequently seeing my Kavat become stuck in the world, be it in geometry or..well more geometry.  My cat doesn't move or attack enemies ever, and about the only reason to have my cat is to make use of the charm buffs which remain undeniably useful, but that's about it. The number of times Ive lost my kavat because they don't teleport with my back to my RJ is getting old.

However, while I can request a few changes to make pets a bit more reliable, I want to ask about Pets 2.0 at large.  I think many of the reasons people don't use pets more is because they have a stupid AI at the core, and have dps problems in addition to HP and armor.  it feels like my Kavat performs worse then the AI of the infested, which are the closest thing to the Kavat due to both being melee oriented attackers.  The difference is the Infested AI actually pursues a target and attacks it, where as a Kavat breaks and can be stuck in a corner frighteningly often.

I want to request a full AI overhaul of pets, in addition to balance changes to make them at least a bit more combat effective.  Sharing your melee mods would be a good step in the dps department as well as higher status and crit chances.  But in terms of AI, they need to be more aggressive. They need to be able to attack foe after foe.  Venari is nice, but there isn't much reason to use his attack mode, and the only thing redeeming Venari at large is the respawn.  Ive taken measures to make my Kavat much more survivable, including a minute long bleed out timer, but there is very little else I can do about it.

Alongside the balance changes I think they need, mostly the dumb AI, I also want to ask for new pet types. Vampire Kavat is cool, but I would like to again request a Attack Bird of sorts.  Derived from the devolved genome of existing birds in game much like how we give rise to our Orokin era Kavat breeds.  These things would be fantastic for fulfilling the Hawker style, and don't need to necessarily get stuck on everything in the world.  They can reside on your shoulder while you idle, and can chase down a target in a way similar to Titania's razorwings.  

Little wishlist I know, but mostly I just want the bad AI fixed on pets.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Formous said:

I just want the bad AI fixed on pets.

you, me and everybody else who owns a Companion that has been at least somewhat invested into. we really need a full AI rework, ability reworks and rebalancing, and a reason to use and own each different type of pet. no small undertaking of course, and not something that we'll get any time soon, but one day, I hope.

14 minutes ago, Formous said:

I would like to again request a Attack Bird of sorts. 

you're GODDAMN right!, I don't care if everyone else does it, I'm naming mine Bloodwing and nobody can stop me!

Ive noticed that the Kavats, like Archwing and Arch guns,  have subpar mods that have never seen a stat update since their inceptions.  Maybe one or two things Ive missed, but they are woefully understatted.  You can tell just from the difference between a Kavat's crit and status chances compared to much newer sentinels and whatnot. 

For perspective, the average archgun damage mod is a 60 percent damage increase.  Your average rifle has not just higher base stats, but also higher value mods.  Nevermind Kavats.

27 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

My wish is for my pets to be more of an asset and less of a liability.

This. I've stop using sentinel all together, they die too quick and there's no respawn (xcept for djinn with it's augment) While Kavats, Chargers and Kubrows last longer due to Pack Leader mod, the ONLY sustain mod companions have. Pets and sentinels needs an overhaul that's for sure. Their mods are all over the place, low stats, no sustain for sentinels and obviously their stupid AI. Hell i name one of my Kavat: Glitchsomewhere. 

Also agreed their combat is subpar for the content we are thrown in. I think my Kavat attack every 5 seconds? That's if the target stays in place... So 5 seconds for 1 attack that does pretty much no damage. Hell of a companion i got there. Besides the vacuum and crit buff, Completely useless.

That being said, companions needs some love. DE please... must of us have grown to love 'em but they need make-over.

AI and some bit of survivability what I would like to see on pet companions. Sentinels also needs some kind of options to not shot and kill anyone who stronger than them. Also it would be nice if the sentinels, moas which could have more weapons in reality would have a lot more weapons to choose from.

I want to see also a lot more kind of pet and non pet companion, my mostly wished ones are mercenaries or syndicate companions with moddability. That would be nice to change the outfit, look, weapons on these type of companions and if we actually have commands and better pathfinding ai.

• Like 1