Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something REALLY needs to happen with standing and sigils

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Sooner, rather than later.  This has been a community request for years and the way it works right now is honestly infuriating.  Decide to take out a frame or use an older look and don't remember to check what sigil is on it (because heaven forbid it tell you what sigil is hidden under your syandana without going into the selection for front/back regalia) and bam, you end up back in the negatives with a syndicate that you're releveling.

I have every frame, and usually more than one look for each.  I should not have to go through and change 50 #*!%ing sigils any time I swap syndicates because you can't implement a better, simpler, easier to use system.  It can literally take over half an hour to just go through and change them all over so you don't screw yourself, and heaven forbid you decide to break out a look you haven't used or thought about in a year.

• Like 1

Just let us choose our currently supported Syndicate at the main Syndicate console / screen.

Make Sigils a purely cosmetic thing (woo being able to actually use those 66 Sigils I have freely),
maybe have the bonus Standing % be based on the amount of Sigils you own for that Syndicate or something.

And apply the respective bonus % automatically to the Syndicate mission rewards, no matter your current support choice.

• Like 2

Reason #245 why tying cosmetics to gameplay is a bad idea...

But yes, agreed completely, it's not great to tie Standing gains to Sigils, because it just creates this whole awkward dance of equipping and unequipping sigils, or otherwise remembering which frame in our collection has which gameplay-sensitive cosmetic item that may or may not be hidden under their syandana, or otherwise made as invisible as possible. I personally can't be bothered with it, so I just leave one Steel Meridian Sigil on my Trinity, and forget about the rest... but that also means I can't equip both the Rift sigil and Bloodshed sigil on her, which I'd really like, as I've been applying that cosmetic scheme consistently to my other frames.

What's also irritating about this is that a) as mentioned in the OP, the community has been asking for this to change for literal years, b) DE have acknowledged it at some point, yet c) they've done nothing about it so far because they've put all of their development eggs into the big update basket with PoE, Fortuna, Old Blood, Railjack, etc., despite d) the problem being relatively simple and an easy win to fix. Not only is this a lesson in not tying cosmetics to gameplay, it's a prime example of why it's not great for a developer to tunnel-vision on big updates, and otherwise only look at the big picture of the game, without focusing on the details of players' day-to-day play, and the many small-scale changes that could bring about significant improvements. 

Personally, I think the solution should be the following: Sigils are now purely cosmetic and no longer give Standing; instead the six main Syndicates now have an additional button on the Syndicate screen + at the Relay that lets the player align themselves with them, with an indicator showing the player's current alignment, and the player passively gaining/losing Standing for the appropriate Syndicates based on Affinity gained at all times. Conceptually it's pretty basic, there's no immediate reason for it to be technically difficult to implement either, and it'd solve the problems with Syndicate standing being tied to Sigils while making the Syndicate terminal our one-stop shop for Standing gains. Even if a different solution gets implemented, if one were to draw a graph of complexity vs. benefits (which companies usually do when vetting ideas to implement), untying Standing gains from Sigils would fall into low complexity in terms of difficulty of implementation, and fairly high benefits in terms of QoL added, which puts it into the category most businesses refer to as an "easy win".

+1, I've done the same thing playing old frames when I supported different syndicate 

It's funny, I posted something similar over a year ago and had people actually arguing against it!  Maybe these guys finally caught up and the community is now pretty much in agreement that adding stats to cosmetics is a bad idea.  

I'd like a pull down menu on Warframe selection in arsenal right below operator school choice.  That way I won't miss who I am supporting when selecting frames, especially old frames I haven't played in awhile!  

This is also more logical.  To the grineer and corpus, we are like terrorists.  We state who is responsible for this deed!  

It's not like the room full over grineer who were alive for 0.3 seconds got a chance to see my red veil sigil in black color, with smallest width / height available, with opacity off, and hidden under sydanna was.  

I mean really, I think that guy that murdered us was from red veil.  Someone get that message to the Queen's!  

It's not fun, not realistic, it's not even logical.  

8 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

This is also more logical.  To the grineer and corpus, we are like terrorists.  We state who is responsible for this deed!  

It's not like the room full over grineer who were alive for 0.3 seconds got a chance to see my red veil sigil in black color, with smallest width / height available, with opacity off, and hidden under sydanna was.  

I mean really, I think that guy that murdered us was from red veil.  Someone get that message to the Queen's!  

It's not fun, not realistic, it's not even logical.  

I think the idea is we're advertising the Syndicate to our fellow Tenno, not to the mooks we kill.

Truth be told, it sorta works too; when I first reached Larunda Relay and encoutered Sydicates, I couldn't really figure out how best to handle them, and busied myself with other things.

I forgot Syndicates even existed for months... until I saw a Warframe at Seimeni with the Steel Meridian symbol displayed on their chest, and recognised it.

(Though admittedly it didn't benefit Steel Meridian, 'cos although that prompted me to get involved with the Syndicates... I went with New Loka instead.😆)

Personally, I'm not too fussed about the interaction of cosmetics with Standing gains (though I understand and support the objections of those who are)...

What really annoys me is the amount of sub-menus I have to dig through to switch my sponsor. That at least seriously needs streamlining.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

It takes 30 seconds to change a sigil. Good grief people, it's not hard.

There those people are.  Did you read the post?

Once you have multiple frames and play the game long enough to go through all syndicates, you will leave the wrong sigil on an old frame or have multiple builds and forget what is what.  

Mostly because the 15% are ugly and the whole system prevents you from actually wearing what you like, but what has the best stats.  So you hide them and that makes it worse. 

If you actually change sigil and adjust for maximum fashion frame, it's gonna take longer than 30 seconds to.   

2 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

I think the idea is we're advertising the Syndicate to our fellow Tenno, not to the mooks we kill.

Still fail miserably.  Most players I see do thier best to hide the syndicate sigil on back behind sydanna, in black, small, and as much invisible as possible.  

A drop down list on main Warframe screen (below operator school select and above parazon), would be ideal.  Select desired syndicate and would be same for all configurations (a, b, c) and allow you to wear two sigils you ACTUALLY LIKE.  If you like the +15%, you can still wear it.  This would take less than 5 seconds to do.

This streamlines the UI and a nice QOL for long time players with multiple builds on multiple frames.  It also allows everyone to pick thier favorite sigil.  

14 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

add a cosmetic called a "syndicate sigil" and then allow us to pick our preferred sigil from the syndicate console. any warframe wearing the syndicate sigil cosmetic will then wear the sigil you have picked from the syndicate console.

Sigils need to be adjusted in size / position / rotation / transparency / color / whatnot for max Fashionframe goodness 😛

13 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

It takes 30 seconds to change a sigil. Good grief people, it's not hard.

It's not about "difficulty" at all, but checking your (likely hidden) Sigil every time you pick a Frame / Appearance config
that you haven't used for a while just to make sure it's not Sigil'd wrong, that's just not how it needs to / should work.

And again, not least, this would make Fashionframe better, I wanna use all my Sigils freely dangit,
being unable to use a Sigil that would fit oh so nicely just because it would mess up my Standing gains, DE why.

Cosmetics and gameplay have been decoupled in multiple ways in the past
(Arcane Helmets, Arcanes, weapon skins no longer give stat changes, the dang Conclave Sigil even),
this is a weird relic that has for some reason endured up to this point, it's time to fix it already.

15 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

advertising the Syndicate to our fellow Tenno

To this end, I think a Syndicate Emote would be nifty, make it have an effect like the Arbitration / Tennocon one,
brightly glowing while you're doing some dorky cool pose, and with the symbol being determined by your current support choice.

• Like 1