Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, there's a clan on ps4 charging people 15 a month???

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

1 minute ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Idk how to post pics here but I ran into a guy that said he has to pay 15p a month in order to stay in the clan? What kind of loser do you have to be to do such a thing? 

Again idk how to post pics can someone tell me?

Naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forums. Take that stuff to support as I'm pretty sure it's frowned upon to charge people to be in a clan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Idk how to post pics here but I ran into a guy that said he has to pay 15p a month in order to stay in the clan? What kind of loser do you have to be to do such a thing? 

just use imgur, and make sure there arent any names showing.

I'm more interested in how incompetent you'd have to be to actually pay it.

I mean, really. Why would you pay that? Heck, why would you even join if the clan is run by someone like that?

I used to be in a big clan and even bigger alliance with some people I met in there and became friends with, but we left eventually because the leader was a god damn maniac.

Seriously, he wanted to build his own empire like apparently some guy did in Eve Online, and he attempted to do that by spending most of his in-game time recruiting people and acting like a dictator, kicking people out for making harmless jokes and whatnot.

EDIT: Last I heared the clan/alliance fell apart because people got tired of the leader like we did and left. No idea what the guy's up to now but I know that his dream of his own empire came falling down in the end.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 12

Just now, o0Despair0o said:

I'm more interested in how incompetent you'd have to be to actually pay it.

I mean, really. Why would you pay that? Heck, why would you even join if the clan is run by someone like that?

I used to be in a big clan and even bigger alliance with some people I met in there and became friends with, but we left eventually because the leader was a god damn maniac.

Seriously, he wanted to build his own empire like apparently some guy did in Eve Online, and he attempted to do that by spending most of his in-game time recruiting people and acting like a dictator, kicking people out for making harmless jokes and whatnot.

The guy I talked said he has to stay in it because if he leaves, he will get reported and he's afraid of getting kicked form warframe 

1 minute ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

The guy I talked said he has to stay in it because if he leaves, he will get reported and he's afraid of getting kicked form warframe 

Empty threats and a scam.

Getting reported for leaving a clan, and get banned for what? Having your own free will?

Dude's got nothing to fear. In fact HE should report HIM.

• Like 19

There's literally no clan bonuses you can buy with platinum.  Whose getting the Platinum and for what purpose?  How stupid could people be?  Especially since there's so many clans with all research that will let you join for free.

Edited by (PS4)thowed

That clan leader is garbage if the member needs to pay 15p a month just to stay and what kind of report that tenno will make to make it resulting to a ban? Even better, that guy you talked can report the clan leader for scam and threats while still being in that clan complete with the screenshots of the demand and threats

There are no rules regarding in-game interaction and clan management as long as no abuse and badmouthing is used. How one manages a clan at ones discretion, you have a choice to ignore it or accept it. While I don't defend such practices in any capacity, he is also doing nothing wrong because he is not violating any TOS, using exploits, cheats, personal abuse etc. You can report him/her, and i can assure you, your report will just get thrown in the bin for the aforementioned reasons.

You are allowed to make up your own rules regarding clan management and memberships. Maybe the leadership kits out their members with latest and greatest prime gear/rivens/top of the range weaponry as a result of those plat payments? Maybe they guarantee help and carries, taxis, regular eidolon runs, income, endo etc? How would you know? Did you ask? It's not the only clan that has used such an approach, i've seen it done in other games where members who pay a fee always get guarantees and benefits most clans don't offer or only very rarely and only from a select few members who are usually friends.

You can frown upon it all you like, but what you can do to alleviate your disdain is to move along and ignore it. Maybe even block the person if they annoy you. Problem solved.

Edited by Egonieser
  • Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)ChaosTheNerd:

Usually leaving a clan is not a bannable offense. He should be fine leaving.

On the other hand if that guy has done smth bad and the leader has prove of it, it's blackmailing. Not sure how that'd turn out.

6 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

ba1c3a76fc1bbeb041b7b21bdd133111.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Egonieser said:

There are no rules regarding in-game interaction and clan management as long as no abuse and badmouthing is used. How one manages a clan at ones discretion, you have a choice to ignore it or accept it. While I don't defend such practices in any capacity, he is also doing nothing wrong because he is not violating any TOS, using exploits, cheats, personal abuse etc. You can report him/her, and i can assure you, your report will just get thrown in the bin for the aforementioned reasons.

You are allowed to make up your own rules regarding clan management and memberships. Maybe the leadership kits out their members with latest and greatest prime gear/rivens/top of the range weaponry as a result of those plat payments? Maybe they guarantee help and carries, taxis, regular eidolon runs, income, endo etc? How would you know? Did you ask? It's not the only clan that has used such an approach, i've seen it done in other games where members who pay a fee always get guarantees and benefits most clans don't offer or only very rarely and only from a select few members who are usually friends.

You can frown upon it all you like, but what you can do to alleviate your disdain is to move along and ignore it. Maybe even block the person if they annoy you. Problem solved.

I agree with what you said but from an earlier post they stated that leader was "threatening" to report them to get banned by DE. For leaving a clan that makes no sense. It's just abuse of clan foundering warlord's power. As new players they don't know much about the regulation of warframe so I can easily see how you can manipulate the new player base onto your finger tips. Plus seems like they are running it on PS4, the community is a lot smaller compared to PC.

6 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Wtf could be worth 15pl a month in a clan ? Best argument I see would be that they have all research done (mainly ignis wraith and hema), and that'd still be a harsh price.

And even if you paid, just get the BPs and piss off ! Don't stay many months...

Errr... NO! Also, isnt that a violation of some terms of service or conditions or conduct or whatever?

Report this fool of a took and his extortion scheme of a clan. There is no platinum fee for staying in a clan. There are better clans out there that you can join. The best are those active clans that you enjoy contributing to not because you have to, but because you want to. And even then - they wont take your plat!

I would like to know the full story 

Charging someone to stay in a clan : no violations of rules , even though it's a $&*^ move unless the member gets a benefit.Like Free rivens , prime parts and other in game assistance. No inherent problem with that.

Threatening to report : offense that is bannable if it can be proven.

I don't have problems with the first part , ( i have memberships is certain clubs for which i pay IRL and can corelate as i am getting certain privelleges others don't) 

The second part i do find smelly , 

You can report the clan for the second part , but i do suggest to check if that is what is actually happening , you only have the word of one person to go on as of now.

'Scuse my honesty, but the people actually enrolling into such clans are bigger and more naive fools than the people who are charging fees... 

I mean, as a PS4 player I can safely say there's no shortage of clans who let casual players in and demand almost nothing in return. Some activity at best. Even with stuff like the Ignis Wraith most people hand them out for free, out of comradery since not everyone could get it. On that regard there's also 2 clans in my alliance that do have Ignis Wraith and they even distribute them as needed so that us other members can give them away to people who need it.

My point is, in terms of clans, you'd have to be very blind or impatient to miss an actual good clan and end up in a trashy subscription-based clan. But other than that please do report away, even though I'm not sure if DE can really do anything about it. Morally wrong? Yes. But not more of an issue than all other trades based on promises (I.e. discount trades), which makes me wonder if DE actually can/should enforce it.

---

Edit: After seeing the thing about fearmongering the clanmates by saying they'll get reported and potentially banned from Warframe now I do say - That's a highly reportable offense if true. If I didn't have a high MR and my own clan to run I'd even pose as a newb in such a clan, try to leave and screenshot the warnings about reporting so that I could have proof.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1