Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time Based Warframe "Aion"

Arcus1337

My idea is a time oriented Warframe called Aion, after the greek god of time and eternity. His gimmick is that he steals time from enemies to power his abilities, similar to Nidus's Stacks or Gauss's speed meter.

His first ability, Lost Seconds, targets a single enemy and slows them down, adding points to the time counter. slowed enemies take less damage but are slowed for a long time/permenantly.

His second ability, Eternal Life, gives a buff to Aion and nearby players causing health regen but cutting shields in half for friend and foe.

His third ability, Rust, makes melee attacks inflict corrosion damage onto enemies but lowers movement speed and is similar to Saryns 3rd ability.

His fourth ability, Death Toll, is an Exalted Weapon that is a large pendulum-like hammer, that when the time counter is charged slows nearby enemies and ground slams make a chime that weakens their armour.

This is my first suggestion so if anyone does read this some feedback would be appreticated. Aside from the frames name the abilities are just named off the top of my head.

There could even be a quest for him like Limbo and Mirage about how he almost completely erased himself from history only for the operator to feel his energy or something

Edited by Arcus1337
  • Like 1

First I want to swap a few things around, do some tweaking, and I'll see what you think.
Switch 2 and 3. Time counter stacks to 60 max. Time Counter degrades 1 per sec.

3 hours ago, Arcus1337 said:

His first ability, Lost Seconds, targets a single enemy and slows them down, adding points to the time counter. slowed enemies take less damage but are slowed for a long time/permenantly.

I wouldn't have them take less damage.
Saps enemy movement speed by 30% for 15s.
Increases the remaining duration enemies are effected by Status ailments by up to 100% depending time counter at time of cast.
Successive casts slow them 0.5x of last cast's value, rewarding 0.5x time counter.

His third ability, Rust, makes melee attacks inflict corrosion damage onto enemies but lowers movement speed and is similar to Saryns 3rd ability.

Entropic Haste might be a more apt name, as that encompasses the same idea but better jives with the Time concept.
Cast in arc. Remove 30% remaining armor, health, and shields, increase enemy movement speed by 30%.
Costs 50% of time counter to boost effects (by up to 1.5x)
Successive casts on the same target are worth 0.5x value, and cost 1.5x more time counter.

Making them both feeble and quick has been a successful mechanic. (Speedva & Equinox Rage).
Do not have a cast that slows yourself or enemies in general, without a way to speed it up.
Slow is immediately unwelcome in games where people need enemies to reach them as fast as possible.

His second ability, Eternal Life, gives a buff to Aion and nearby players causing health regen but cutting shields in half for friend and foe.

"Eternal kill the shield based frames, and tick off Hildryn something fierce."

Biding
Undo the negative effects of 40% of all damage dealt over 10s. Damage will be received the same, but upon expiring, health/shields will be replenished accordingly.
Prevents death for all allies within radius while active, in the same way Quick Thinking works.. costing some value of Time counter instead of energy.
If all Time Counter is exhausted through preventing death, the ability ends early.
This can result in a bonus to max health and shields.

"I'll buy you as much time as I can." This ability should be a cooldown, rather than cast cost. Cooldown: 60s, Inverse to value of time counter.
Attempting to cast during cooldown consumes available portion of Time Counter to reduce remaining cooldown. This has an energy cost.
Example: If there's 30s left on the cooldown, and 28s in your Time Counter, you consume your whole time counter to bring the cooldown to 2s.
               If there are only 10s left on cooldown, and 60 in your Time Counter, only 10s (and energy cost) will be consumed.

His fourth ability, Death Toll, is an Exalted Weapon that is a large pendulum-like hammer, that when the time counter is charged slows nearby enemies and ground slams make a chime that weakens their armour.

Exalted weapons are in a bad spot.. so I'll pitch something else to see what you think:
Double Time
Channeling ability.
Aion doubles his efforts, increasing his movement and cast speed, expanding range of abilities, and gaining 2x Time counter while reversing 1 per sec drain to 1 per sec gain.
Ignores all negative status effects in this state.
Lost Seconds now casts 2x range in an arc equal to Entropic Haste.
Entropic Haste now casts in a 2x wider arc.
Biding Radius doubled, now pauses all enemies within radius for 5s, allies ignore all negative status effects while in it's effect.

Edited by kapn655321

sure thing

and yeah thinking about the slow down thing, i should have skipped that as i do get annoyed when i get stuck with the hobbled key

now that i reread my original post i see i made a slight error, the third abilities slow was on Aion, not the enemies.

Edited by Arcus1337

AION: Time Warframe

Health: 120
Armor: 180
Shields: 100
Energy: 120

Passive:
Speed of Light - Projectile Flight/Sprint Speed/Status Duration Reduction increased 1% = to time counter.

Time Counter: Maximum of 60. Loses 1 per second.

Lost Seconds: Costs 30 Energy
Saps target enemy's movement speed 30% for 10s, adding 10s to Time Counter.
Increases the remaining duration enemies are effected by Status ailments by up to 100% depending % time counter when cast.
Successive casts slow them 0.5x of last cast's value, rewarding 0.5x time counter.
Deals damage = 100, + Time Counter value x10

Entopic Haste: Costs 45 Energy
Cast in arc. Remove 30% remaining armor, health, and shields, increase enemy movement speed by 30%.
Costs 50% total time counter to boost effects (by up to 1.5x)
Successive casts on the same target are worth 0.5x value, and cost 1.5x more time counter.

Biding: 60s Cooldown
Prevents lethal damage for all allies within radius while active.
(Same as Quick Thinking, instead costing % Time counter instead of energy. If all Time Counter is exhausted through preventing death, the ability ends early.)
40% of all damage dealt to affected allies over 10s is stored for each and split between their Health and Shield when ability ends. (all to health for Inaros/Nidus)
This can result in a bonus to max health and overshields.
Attempting to cast during cooldown consumes available portion of Time Counter to reduce remaining cooldown. Energy cost: 50.
Example: If there's 30s left on the cooldown, and 28s in your Time Counter, you consume your whole time counter to bring the cooldown to 2s.
               If there are only 10s left on cooldown, and 60 in your Time Counter, only 10s (and energy cost) will be consumed.
Successfully Casting while still active ends the first instance, rewarding it's stored Health/Shield.

Overclock: Channeling ability Cost 30 Energy on activation, Energy drain = (Ideally, cost 1.0 per sec with Fleeting Expertise.)
Aion doubles his efforts, increasing movement/cast speed, expanding range of abilities, receiving 2x Time counter gains, and reversing 1 per sec drain to 1 per sec gain.
Ignores all negative status effects in this state.
Lost Seconds now casts 2x range in an arc equal to Entropic Haste.
Entropic Haste now casts in a 2x wider arc.
Biding Radius doubled, now pauses all enemies within radius for 5s, allies ignore all negative status effects while in it's effect.

Original Concept by @Arcus1337 with contributions from @kapn655321

Edited by kapn655321

Not sure what we should do for the Passive.

Only thing that came to mind was, "Time Is Money: Credit drops are worth a percentage more on pickup equal to value of Time Counter. Ex. Max time counter of 60 = +60% credit pick ups."

But I'm also thinking that would be totally useless in Index.. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, Arcus1337 said:

how about this

Passive: Speed of Light - Movement and Projectile speed is increased 15% per 30 on the time counter

That's pretty good. I'm also thinking, possibly all status ailments are reduced 50% in duration.

Having a passive projectile speed is a nice idea. ..though it has some quirks.
Being able to boost your shots is nice, but missing shots because of your counter fluctuating is not.. Not to mention, only a % of weapons use projectile flight.

I wonder if that wouldn't be good on his Ult? ...As if there isn't enough already going on there.. so I'm a bit torn on that.

7 minutes ago, Arcus1337 said:

ah ok ive never really tried them before.

maybe the status duration and speed would be enough

You know what? I'm gonna just do all 3. lol Sprint speed, Status reduction, and flight speed. Unless we come up with something better, that'll do.

Feel free to copy paste and hang onto the idea. Add to, revise, edit as you see necessary over time.
By the sounds of it, that would be a very fun frame.

I'm thinking we might be overboard with the movement speed, but these are just ballpark ideas.
If DE were to do anything with it, they'd put their own values and restrictions where they feel they'd need them.

Edited by kapn655321

I want thinking about the excess speed boosts.. so perhaps this frame could be the slowest movement speed... as sometimes, "time just kinda drags on.."
Though aptly, time would fly while you're having fun. So if they started at like a 0.8 movement speed, getting crazy bonuses would balance that out.