Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On platinum discounts and in-game item equivalence

VChina

——————This article is all given by the translator, hope you can understand————————

One thing that happened today was that a player had borrowed another player's premium discount multiple times and that caused the premium to turn negative

The reason for this is offline trading, and of course, I don't deny that this is offline trading, I just want to talk about discounts.

First of all: I would like to ask De, does everyone get a fixed number of discounts?

If so, let's hope we get an exact time. If not, it raises another question.

▶️ What's the problem?So some players will pay more than other players to get in-game currency, which is not good, no game recharge is different.

▶️Some players will face having to pay more than others to get the same value (armor, weapons) as others, which is not fair.

These two problems are serious and are the first I've found in so many online games 

True "lucky versus unlucky" discrimination

I can understand the damage that Black gold and the black market do to game makers, but is this imbalance hurting players as well?

If a player is forced to top up at a higher cost to the average player, I think he may not be in a good mood, and that can cause you to lose your loyal players.

Edited by VChina

There are other questions I'd like to ask

HOW DOES DE JUDGE? I've seen brothers in the clan trade with each other as black market

And the two sides of the transaction is the reality of a bedroom brother, one or another pull into the game.

This is what happens to people who are already familiar with the clan, and even to people who actually know each other, and I believe that this is another reason for the emergence of the 'one man' clan on the Internet.

It's time to improve, which makes WF less of a team game.

32 minutes ago, VChina said:

First of all: I would like to ask De, does everyone get a fixed number of discounts?

No, it's pure random.

32 minutes ago, VChina said:

▶️ What's the problem?So some players will pay more than other players to get in-game currency, which is not good, no game recharge is different.

▶️Some players will face having to pay more than others to get the same value (armor, weapons) as others, which is not fair.

It's a marketing technique that not only encourage players who wouldn't normally buy platinum to do so, but also to encourage them to buy platinum without the discount. The discount works in two parts:

1. Give them an "ease of access" to using premium currency and further enrich their gameplay. If they don't like the game even after using the discount, they won't feel cheated out of their money as much if they paid full price.
  2. If they do end up liking the game after using the discount, it'll get the players to buy the platinum at full price because they "want to fully support the developers".
26 minutes ago, VChina said:

HOW DOES DE JUDGE? I've seen brothers in the clan trade with each other as black market

As long as trading is happening with two different people, there's nothing wrong with "brothers in the clan trade with each other". If DE finds concrete evidence that the trading is really one person on two accounts (both owned by that one person) then that person gets in trouble.

33 minutes ago, VChina said:

And the two sides of the transaction is the reality of a bedroom brother, one or another pull into the game.

This is what happens to people who are already familiar with the clan, and even to people who actually know each other, and I believe that this is another reason for the emergence of the 'one man' clan on the Internet.

Assuming there's no other information you left out and I'm interpreting this right, that's perfectly fine.

• Like 1

1小时前 , NekroArts 说:

这是一种营销技巧,不仅可以鼓励通常不会购买铂金的玩家购买铂金,还可以鼓励他们在没有折扣的情况下购买铂金。折扣分为两个部分:

1. 使他们能够轻松使用高级货币并进一步丰富他们的游戏玩法。如果即使使用折扣后他们仍然不喜欢这款游戏,那么即使他们付了全价,他们也不会被金钱骗走。
  2. 如果他们最终在使用了折扣之后喜欢上了游戏,那么它将使玩家以全价购买白金,因为他们“想完全支持开发商”。

Yes, it's a good marketing skill, but it's discrimination!

Why?

Because playing the same game, I have to pay more than anyone else to get the same currency.

Maybe I'm shortsighted, other games, my luck is not good, I can't draw the decorations, cards, weapons I want, I will regret for a while, but it won't bring me economic loss.

But WF is not. I'm not lucky. I have to pay a certain amount of economic loss (to get the price, it's better than the ordinary (discounted market price))!

I don't think that's reasonable. When is it a matter of luck to start exchanging money?

For example, if I want to exchange $1 for euros, of course I should get 0.9023 euros

But now, I've been told that everyone can draw for free every day. One of the rewards is that, despite the daily ceiling, you can get more than 1 US dollar for 0.9023 euros.

It's a good marketing tool, but I don't think it's a good marketing tool.

Edited by VChina

13分钟前 , NekroArts 说:

只要与两个不同的人进行交易,“氏族中的兄弟彼此交易”就没有错。如果DE找到具体证据证明该交易实际上是两个帐户上的一个人(均为该人所有),则该人会遇到麻烦

That's why I'm posting this article, two people, I can confirm that they are two people, not two accounts for one person, because they are my clan, and I've played with them for a long time, but their trade has been condemned as black market, that's what I find odd.

The reason is simply that one of them has a discount, and the other wants to get some platinum at the normal price (the low market price of the discount) .

As I said before, I don't deny that this is a kind of off-line transaction, but the market condition of the ordinary discounted price, if you can't get platinum at the discounted price, is exactly what I said above, you need to pay extra to get someone else's normal price.

1 hour ago, VChina said:

是的,这是一种很好的营销技巧,但这是歧视!

为什么?

因为玩同一游戏,我必须比其他任何人支付更多的钱才能获得相同的货币。

也许我是近视的,其他游戏,我的运气不好,我无法画出我想要的装饰品,卡片,武器,我会后悔一阵子,但这不会给我带来经济上的损失。

但是WF不是,我运气不好,我必须付出一定的经济损失(要获得物价,要比普通的(折价的市场价格))!

我认为那不合理。从什么时候开始兑换货币是运气问题?

例如,如果我想用$ 1兑换欧元,我当然应该得到0.9023欧元

但是现在,有人告诉我,每个人每天都可以免费抽奖,其中一项奖励是,尽管有每日封顶额,但您可以获得1美元兑换0.9023欧元以上。

这是一个很好的营销工具,但我认为这不是一个很好的营销工具。

It really isn't discriminating. Getting the discount is entirely luck base, but that's the nature of luck - you'll get people who aren't fortunate. Good thing is that there's hardly anything in the in-game store that makes players feel they "have to purchase platinum with a discount because what they need is too expensive". Most of the things in the in-game store are cosmetic and/or obtainable from playing the game.

1 hour ago, VChina said:

That's why I'm posting this article, two people, I can confirm that they are two people, not two accounts for one person, because they are my clan, and I've played with them for a long time, but their trade has been condemned as black market, that's what I find odd.

The reason is simply that one of them has a discount, and the other wants to get some platinum at the normal price (the low market price of the discount) .

As I said before, I don't deny that this is a kind of off-line transaction, but the market condition of the ordinary discounted price, if you can't get platinum at the discounted price, is exactly what I said above, you need to pay extra to get someone else's normal price.

If there's a law/policy, with where you live, that deems that as a violation/illegal then maybe. It's not uncommon that certain areas have strict rules on video games before they can be distributed within that area such as loot boxes, extreme violence, and offensive symbols (Nazi Swastika) just to name a few. If there isn't and is only viewed as "black market" from the players, but not an actual rule from the government/company, the action is okay. From my experience both in-game and reading the forums/reddit this form of use with the discount is fine as long as:

1. it's not happening outside of the game
  2. the parties in question are two separate people
Edited by NekroArts

3分钟前 , NekroArts 说:

确实没有歧视。获得折扣完全是运气的基础,但这就是运气的本质-您会得到不幸的人。好消息是,在游戏内商店中几乎没有什么可以让玩家感到“必须以折扣价购买铂金,因为他们所需要的太贵了”。游戏中商店中的大多数物品都是化妆品,并且/或者可以通过玩游戏获得。

Yes, I agree with you that WF's store is extremely simple, which I love.

By discrimination, however, I mean that the offer is based purely on luck. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but it's the price that comes with the offer.

Because the discount, whether the seller or the buyer, is based on the price after the discount (at least I've seen so many of them) , and if most people buy money through the discount, players who pay the full price actually pay more for any currency transaction (armor, weapons) than those who get a discount.

And the offer is free, based purely on luck. That is to say, in this game, the lucky people will easily get more money, and nothing to pay. (everything in the game is earned by the player, and logging in requires no effort at all.)

But the offer is still a great marketing tool, and I don't think it's a problem, but after what happened, I realized it probably was a problem.

11分钟前 , NekroArts 说:

如果您居住的地方有法律/政策,则将其视为违反/非法行为。某些区域对视频游戏有严格的规定,然后才可以在该区域中分发并不罕见,例如战利品盒,极端暴力和令人讨厌的符号(纳粹十字记号)等。如果没有,并且仅被参与者视为“黑市”,而不是政府/公司的实际规则,那么行动就可以了。根据我在游戏中和阅读论坛/ reddit的经验,只要有以下几种,可以享受这种折扣的使用形式:

1. 它不是在游戏之外发生的
  2. 有关各方是两个不同的人

My friend, who has made a deal with another member of the clan, is now subject to the black market. Can he appeal for relief? They were stripped of thousands of dollars and given black market titles.

29 minutes ago, VChina said:

My friend, who has made a deal with another member of the clan, is now subject to the black market. Can he appeal for relief? They were stripped of thousands of dollars and given black market titles.

They can attempt to appeal, but no guarantees. Here's a link on DE's stand on trading platinum.
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200092259-Trading-FAQ-Safe-Trading-Tips

Usually a one-time large platinum trade isn't enough to warrant a ban/suspicion as just giving platinum is not uncommon, it only gets suspicious when it happens too many times with the same players.

Edited by NekroArts

1分钟前 , NekroArts 说:

通常,一次性进行大量铂金交易不足以构成禁令/怀疑,因为仅仅给予铂金并不罕见,只有在与同一玩家交易太多时间时,铂金才变得可疑

Yes, he is really obsessed with this game, and what's more, another one has several discounts in a few months. In the screenshot he sent out, he traded with the sealed one twice, 6000 + in total, and 2000 + with the other.

In any case, the discussion was enjoyable, and it would be nice if DE could get some suggestions and make some changes, which is what game forums are for.:thumbup:

Random discounts is discrimination 😂

If someone wins the lottery, it's not discrimination. It's luck. And so is the random discounts. If you want to make it "fair", then there should never be discounts. Because if the discounts are "fixed", nobody will buy plat on all the other days because they'll know exactly when they're getting a discount. Which is bad for business. So let's stick with the current system that's actually better and dare I say, fair.

Also, just to make it clear; an actual example of discrimination would be: "no platinum discounts for french people".

And if you're sitting here thinking "my friend has gotten a discount more often than I have", then log in more to increase your chances.

Platinum discount is PC only, market discount is consoles. This might be unfair. PC Platinum Discount is limited to buy platinum, not prime access.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Daily_Tribute#Rewards

Random daily tribute discount is gambling to win real money discounts to in-game items. Gambling using money in video games might be illegal in some countries.
https://www.google.com/search?q=gambling+money+video+games+illegal

Edit: maybe gambling isn't the right word, but there have been some talk about the problem of random loot boxes in other games being questionable.

Edited by sam686

10 hours ago, VChina said:

Paying someone else use their discount to buy platinum for you is a violation of the ToS and EULA.

2020/1/22 PM6点31分 , -AxHx-Vile 说:

随机折扣是歧视  😂

如果有人中了彩票,那不是歧视。真幸运 随机折扣也是如此。如果您想使其“公平”,那就永远不应该有折扣。因为如果折扣是“固定的”,那么其他任何人都不会在其他所有天购买平台,因为他们将确切知道何时获得折扣。这对企业不利。因此,让我们继续使用实际上更好的系统,我敢说,公平。

另外,只是为了清楚起见;歧视的一个实际例子是:“法国人不享有白金折扣”。

而且,如果您坐在这里想“我的朋友比我得到的折扣更多”,那么请更多地登录以增加机会。

首先:赌博需要启动资金,这带来了风险,而登录则没有。

第二:我并不是说折扣具有歧视性,但是折扣带来的市场价值低(在您所在地区可能不是这种情况,但这是在我的身上),这给没有折扣的人们带来了额外的价格。 。

如果您考虑一下,那么现在需要一种货币来购买所有东西,我们将其称为“虚拟货币”,并且每个国家的货币都可以按比例转换为该货币,当然也要与每个国家的货币成比例。

现在每个人每天都可以得到一张优惠券。我们称其为“折扣卡”。这是完全随机的。然后,很多人得到了折扣,他们通过折扣卡获得的“虚拟货币”比其他任何人都多(他们无法获得折扣卡),因此所有产品的价格都下降了。

(最重要的是:我说的是一种情况,您必须转换为“虚拟货币”,并且您有很多优惠券,而您不需要。)

我希望您能理解这些翻译人员正在翻译的内容,因为“市场价格混乱”和“没有获得折扣的玩家”可能会有所不同。

至于您的最后一点,就是完全随机的,无论他输入了多少条目,如果他不走运,他仍然无法获得折扣,这就是我上面所说的歧视“幸运”和“不幸”的原因。

Edited by VChina

17小时前 , (XB1)R3d P01nt 说:

支付他人使用他们的折扣为您购买铂金的行为违反了《服务条款》和《最终用户许可协议》。

Yes, I'm not denying it, and that's why I'm publishing this article.