Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips on Riven Challenge - Drop Ship?

oreom

Question

I got a riven with the following challenge:

"Kill 18 Enemies that are on a dropship while sliding"

How do you guys complete that challenge?

I tried running around PoE, but I'd only get a dropship dropping people half a mile away before leaving.

14 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Run the lowest bounty on the Plains, they usually have at least one stage that revolves around staying in one area and those kinds will have plenty of dropships showing up.

Thanks, I'll try that,  any frame/weapon combo recommendations?

6 hours ago, oreom said:

Kill 18 Enemies that are on a dropship while sliding

I prefer to do challenges of this type in orb valis.  The circle drive things count as drop ships and there are some constantly circling around the fortuna area that are level 10 and super easy to kill.  Generally I jump in my archwing and hover around while I snipe them from a distance but you'll probably need to do something a little different with the while sliding modifier.

Did one of these last night in about 3 minutes that required 18 kills but had no extra modifier.

6 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

any frame, hight damage sniper with rad (for the plains) or hight damage sniper with corrosive(for fortuna), kill the ships, this will kill the clones on them

I have run into issues where the ship blows and it doesn't count - I guess maybe the ship blew a moment (in computer terms) before they died, so they were no longer "on it" when they died.

Not a common issue, and probably due to latency, but occasionally frustrating. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Ash's shurikens are pretty good for this one. Something that I recently learned due to carrying my Kuva Ogris out there to level it up, the Ogris with the Nightwatch Napalm mod would be amazing for this riven challenge. It does little to no damage to the ship but, it destroys the enemies riding in on it. If you have an Ogris give it a shot, I'm pretty sure it would make really quick work of this.