Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A suggestion for booster related login rewards.

Soral

So, I'm someone that at this point, doesn't really play the game these days for various reasons, and simply logs in to get the daily and log back off.

And I'm quite sure I'm not alone in this.

My suggestion is pretty straight forward; when it comes to boosters, I feel pretty much like they're always wasted when I'm presented with them because I simply don't play the game. I've seen many other people echo the implementation of making boosters being a thing you switch on whenever you're best ready to use them, which is something I'd recommend as well. However, I'd also like to add a solution of my own: a rough lump sum of affinity, mats, or credits, somewhat equivalent to the amount of time the booster would have come with (the numbers are debateable), delivered directly to the player's inventory. Affinity could be handled simply as "select what gear you would like to distribute this amount to" somewhat similar in UI to the clan resource deposits, and mats, for simplification's sake, could be a simple cache of 3 (or more potentially?) random mats, with one guaranteed rare mat included in the bundle. Credits could easily be figured out as well, perhaps based on the results of 5-10 average missions factoring in the amount the booster would have added.

I'm sure there are some that would argue this being afk farming, but is it not simply a better solution than the lame use it or lose it style the boosters perpetuate? DE doesn't really lose anything either; they still get the precious login counts with which to pad their stats, and players get their mats. It's mostly a win-win.

29 minutes ago, Soral said:

DE doesn't really lose anything either

what ? they would lose a lot of money.

30 day boster is 720 hours of boost. Let's say that person spends 4h in game on avgerage in one day which makes it last 180 days.

So how are they not losing anything if people would buy 1 boster instead of 6 ?

Edit:

as the person above mentioned, they are in the daily rewards to make players want to use them

Edited by suchamess

Boosters as login rewards, and rewards from rare caches, serve one purpose: To get you to play.  After all they go "Look, have double resources for the next few hours!  Better play to make use of it!" though once you get high enough in logins it comes out to 2 full days of booster when you log in so there is slightly less pressure.

As to the main point of your request:

2 hours ago, Soral said:

I'd also like to add a solution of my own: a rough lump sum of affinity, mats, or credits, somewhat equivalent to the amount of time the booster would have come with (the numbers are debateable), delivered directly to the player's inventory. Affinity could be handled simply as "select what gear you would like to distribute this amount to" somewhat similar in UI to the clan resource deposits, and mats, for simplification's sake, could be a simple cache of 3 (or more potentially?) random mats, with one guaranteed rare mat included in the bundle.

This would be a massive nerf to boosters.
For example someone gets a 3 hour booster and plays the game.  They get a large pile of mats from a variety of sources.  They could do railjack, they could do ODS, they could do any mission, and best of all: They can combine them!
With your idea though?  Here's 3 random mats, one rare one.  Hope you didn't want any of the resources that you just weren't lucky enough to get....

Then there would also be the problem with efficiency.  I seriously doubt that the amount of resources or affinity or credits would match what a player could do in a moderately decent farming setup.  I mean for mats do you calculate the amount to give the player vs a random mission run?  or an endless run with a nekros in the party?
For affinity do you do a level 20 mission on the starchart?  Or running deep into ESO?  especially if the player isn't leveling anything and needs the focus instead of just a pile of affinity?

For credits do you count having a chroma in the party?  Or the secura lecta weapon?

This would just be a massive nerf...and for no actual gain.
It would even hurt DE because of what boosters aim to do: When you login and get a booster it encourages you to play it, or you will lose it.  That is very intentional.
This removes that push to play, which isn't good for DE.

2 hours ago, Thanatos_13 said:

I'd actually prefer if the timer from the boosters only were running when playing instead of being running all the time

2 hours ago, GerberaOverture said:

boosters that would only tick away during actual in-mission gameplay would be a better solution but its not in their interest to make such a thing

I prefer the larger blocks of booster time to in-mission time.  After all if they changed it to being purely in mission time then they would have to cut down the duration by 90% or more.  I mean could you imagine a 30 day booster if it only counted down in mission?

The larger numbers are much more flexible and easier to manage.

• Like 1

En 22/1/2020 a las 15:22, Tsukinoki dijo:

I prefer the larger blocks of booster time to in-mission time.  After all if they changed it to being purely in mission time then they would have to cut down the duration by 90% or more.  I mean could you imagine a 30 day booster if it only counted down in mission?

I meant that the clock starts ticking since you log in until you stop playing because sometimes the time you receive a booster is very inconvenient and that way is more flexible. The thing is that they can be abused that way, accumulating boosters all the time, but again, personally I would play even more daily if I had more boosters just to farm for resources I'm kinda lacking, because having school, homework and projects, my boosters run out and I only play 1/2 or an hour a day(on average) when I have them and if I had more, I'd play every day all the time I could spare, even if it's 1 minute for a capture

On 2020-01-22 at 4:22 PM, Tsukinoki said:

Boosters as login rewards, and rewards from rare caches, serve one purpose: To get you to play.  After all they go "Look, have double resources for the next few hours!  Better play to make use of it!" though once you get high enough in logins it comes out to 2 full days of booster when you log in so there is slightly less pressure.

Which doesn't work for those of us in non-American time zones. I get daily rollover at 2 AM. I'm NOT going to play Warframe for the next 7 hours to make use of that Booster. I'm probably going to go to bed soon-ish and then get up for work the next morning. I won't be in a position to play until probably 6 PM, if not later. There's no amount of FOMO that's going to convince me to use that booster. Now, if the game let me trigger it on demand somewhere within the next 24 hours? Yeah, THEN I might log in to make use of it. But as it stands? It's basically a dud daily.

50 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Which doesn't work for those of us in non-American time zones. I get daily rollover at 2 AM. I'm NOT going to play Warframe for the next 7 hours to make use of that Booster. I'm probably going to go to bed soon-ish and then get up for work the next morning. I won't be in a position to play until probably 6 PM, if not later. There's no amount of FOMO that's going to convince me to use that booster. Now, if the game let me trigger it on demand somewhere within the next 24 hours? Yeah, THEN I might log in to make use of it. But as it stands? It's basically a dud daily.

Do as I do: in my case the daily reset is at 1AM so around 00.30 I go to my dojo and keep playing missions from there. The daily login will only activate when you return to the orbiter, but since the dojo has a nav room where you can keep selecting missions you can keep playing for a while without worrying.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
  • Like 1