Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Minelayer Augment

Tatann

Hi, 
Since , we're not seeing big changes for Vauban despite the feedback (except for the potential armor buff), and our Vauban still lacks an augment for Minelayer, here are my suggestions.

=================================
Tether coil
Enemies caught by tether coil are marked as high priority (companions, Telsa Nervos and Flechette will attack them first, could benefit from the Mecha set bonus too). 

Reason: while a good and fun ability, enemies stuck on the ground is a chore, and having to determine whether they're alive or not is even worse

Flechette
Chromatic Flechette: 50% of the flechette damage is converted to elemental damage based on energy color (fire, cold, electricity or toxic, sorry, no corrosive, gas or viral for you guys) with increased proc chance (50% ?)

Reason: This mine is already great so I'm having a hard time finding an augment idea that's not OP. This augment shouldn't increase damage. But Flechette is weak against shields (well, augmented shield enemies from Sortie anyway) so toxic could be good for Corpus. The other damage types can add some CC with the bonus proc chance

Overdrive
In addition to the damage buff, Overdrive boosts your shield, removing the recharge delay, doubling the regeneration speed, and allowing it to go beyond its max value (overshield).

Reason: Since the Nullifier bubble idea was stol... used for a new engineer Warframe, Vauban still lacks survivability. A buff to his armor was mentioned in the latest devstream, but will it be enough ? Also good shield makes more sense than good armor on an engineer (but considering Warframe EHP math, armor is better, so Scott, be nice to us, please)

Vector Pad
Augment removes Vector Pad so you can switch on 3 mines only...
Nah, let's assume it stays. 
I have 2 suggestions for this one.

======
Adrenaline Rush : the pad gives an adrenaline boost, allowing the warframe to sprint and reload weapons faster. The adrenaline also improves its healing, doubling any form of healing (health orbs, Medi-ray, syndicate proc healing, other frames healing abilities, Life Strike/Healing Return, ...)

Reason: before the new engineer frame took his nullibubble and supply pylon, Vauban deserved the motes that were given to Wisp :'(

======
Vector Glide : the pad improves the gliding time (+6s, based on duration) and removes gravity during glide

Reason: cause Vauban is space Batman, and space Batman likes to glide

That's it for me, don't hesitate to comment or add your suggestions ;)

PS: sorry for the poor formatting

1 hour ago, Tatann said:

Tether coil
Enemies caught by tether coil are marked as high priority (companions, Telsa Nervos and Flechette will attack them first, could benefit from the Mecha set bonus too). 

Reason: while a good and fun ability, enemies stuck on the ground is a chore, and having to determine whether they're alive or not is even worse

Seems pretty useless outside of waiting for the mecha bonus imo, AI outside of sentinels using guns wouldn't be able to target them if they're stuck in the air, including tesla in some cases. Also doesn't Flechette attack in a certain pattern and doesn't care about what's around it? (Like the Azima disc)

I'd prefer it if the augment increased the enemy cap, but made it so you couldn't have more than 1 or 2 out at a time, that way you could cancel them.

24 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Seems pretty useless outside of waiting for the mecha bonus imo, AI outside of sentinels using guns wouldn't be able to target them if they're stuck in the air, including tesla in some cases. Also doesn't Flechette attack in a certain pattern and doesn't care about what's around it? (Like the Azima disc)

I'd prefer it if the augment increased the enemy cap, but made it so you couldn't have more than 1 or 2 out at a time, that way you could cancel them.

I know, but the increased enemy cap feels like an adjustment the default ability should have without needing an augment ;-)

Also, even though I don't use weapons on Sentinels, some could easily take care of the "high priority" target (Vaporize from Dethcube can also deal a lot of damage)

Kavats and Kubrows can also take care of high priority targets, but yes, if their IA is willing to... :'(

And I agree it would help with enemies stuck behind cover (well except for pets), but at least a Sweeper Prime would take care of enemies fallen on the ground while you deal with more dangerous targets (un-CCed ones)

Finally, Flechette looks random, but if you look at the firing pattern, you'll see it aiming at enemies, unlike Azima

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tatann said:

I know, but the increased enemy cap feels like an adjustment the default ability should have without needing an augment 😉

I agree, but sadly DE doesn't seem interested in more Vauban buffs (outside of an armor increase maybe) =(

56 minutes ago, Tatann said:

Finally, Flechette looks random, but if you look at the firing pattern, you'll see it aiming at enemies, unlike Azima

Oh ok, that's interesting.

3 hours ago, zhellon said:

The problem is that augment must provide mechanics for minelayer, or ONE mechanic for all mines. You make 4 different mechanics. Even if DE do, how do they fit it all into the mod's description?

Would it be the first time an in-game card description doesn't detail everything it does ? :)

Even abilities aren't described completely in the ability screen, you have to go through the wiki for that 

Also some Equinox augments provide different mechanics for the night and day forms, I don't see the issue

10 минут назад, Tatann сказал:

Also some Equinox augments provide different mechanics for the night and day forms, I don't see the issue

1 augment. Only one augment does this. But if you look more closely, this augment does just one thing-converts damage to enhance the aura.

15 minutes ago, zhellon said:

1 augment. Only one augment does this. But if you look more closely, this augment does just one thing-converts damage to enhance the aura.

So the Equinox augment should be the Highlander of augments ? ^^

2 минуты назад, Tatann сказал:

So the Equinox augment should be the Highlander of augments ? ^^

I'm just saying that an augment with a lot of different mechanics just doesn't exist and there are a lot of problems to create this.

You can get many effects, but these effects must have a single trigger associated with the ability's mechanic. For example, when a grenade touches the ground, it activates the AOE effect around the grenade. And you can already create 4 different effects on this mechanic. 

Or, something like that, grenades can bounce 2 times, creating the effects of grenades on the area they touch. This changes the gameplay a bit and it definitely improves the ability, because you are essentially throwing 3 grenades at a time and it is very easy to implement.

It's just that I don't think something that difficult will exist as an augment.

People didn't think combining 4 abilities into 1 would be possible, DE did it, and then did the same with Wisp, Khora, Ivara (not 4 but 3, but still)

Vauban's rework really needs a little more, and a lot of suggestions from the feedback thread went to the new engineer frame (which will bring more money to DE, I get that), so if they don't want to change his abilities, the missing augment for his 2 is the most logical route to give him so survivability