Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 hour ago, AirMaskNinja said:

make your brain cells work a bit and try to imagine what would happen when MR30 is reached from a game developer's perspective in the objective of keeping the game alive

Seems like a good point to start winding everything up for the player, tying up loose ends, and ushering them on to Warframe 2: Grind Harder. In fact, reaching MR 30 is the perfect point to say you've learned everything you can learn in this cycle 'round the sun.

I'm not sayin the game is dying 

1 hour ago, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

Every game is dying according to someone. I guess eventually it'll be correct.

I'm saying they're just slowing down playing with the grind of things now a days so less content has to come out so we will be at mr30 in a prolonging time.

1 minute ago, (PS4)owenslim said:

I'm not sayin the game is dying 

I'm saying they're just slowing down playing with the grind of things now a days so less content has to come out so we will be at mr30 in a prolonging time.

"Coming to an end" is pretty much saying the same thing. Although that would be more accurate. A game is not really a living thing.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

Every game is dying according to someone. I guess eventually it'll be correct.

Every game is actually dying. Once you start the clock, it will eventually reach end of life. It's just not that meaningful a statement, given that the end could be the heat death of the Universe.

The only games that aren't dying are the ones not born yet. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)owenslim said:

I have a feeling that [DE] is making everything in warframe more grindy because it's coming to an end,

warframe has always been grindy and doom and gloom threads like this are as old as the game itself

players are already mr28 when the last door at cephalon simers is mr30 locked. 

when relays were new there were some holes in the map. the staircase at simaris does not end at 30. behind the wall are like 60 more alcoves for MR tests

So they're prolonging it so they can have time do the finishing of warframe. It's just something I've been thinking of lately.

DE increased the grind because it is the easiest way to keep people playing.

want the best RJ parts? well better saddle up and start grinding

want all of the lich weapons? get grinding

want to build anything that does not require resources that you aquire in such quantities that numbers are meaningless? thats right. it's grinding time

I think OP is conflating two completely separate issues. I agree that Warframe is grindy and has a terrible, inefficient and unintuitive progression system. But I think the grind would be more bearable if players weren't tunneled into only one specific game mode or play style especially when it doesn't need to be based on internal consistency.

Warframe dying on the other hand, you may be right, you may be wrong. But I doubt DE would've invested the past 2 years into Railjack, New War and Duviri if they were planning on pulling the plug within the next 2 years.

Overall, I think you are wrong in your opener, HOWEVER, what you bring up are valid issues with Warframe that I would hope DE will address in the next 2 years. That doesn't mean Warframe is going to die though.

~ Sincerely, a White Knight.

Edited by Goodwill

I'm just going to ask. What is more grindy? I havent seen an increase in grind for anything since I started in 2017. Just like then there have been more grindy things and less grindy things. We've had Khora grinds, we've had Hildryn grinds and we've had Grendel grinds. All being at different stages on a grind curve. Bet this rage is rooted in either Liches or Empyrean, where one has already gotten severely nerfed in the grind (down to a level where it is a joke calling it a grind), the other was stated in the last dev stream to have its grind and other things changed soon, and that was after that mode got trading enabled for all the "nao nao nao!" people.

Yes indeed, the grind is so massive. /s

And if MRs stop at 30, maybe DE will actually implement a new system that actually has a meaning for progress instead of an extremely (to say the least) pointless number that just sits there and does nothing.

But since you are obviously a gaming professor I guess we better call all them arpg devs out there and tell them that their game is ending cos of massive grinds. GG GGG your end is nigh!

You are right, in fact Warframe has been coming to an end for the past 7 years.

On a serious note, I am yet to see stuff being added that is more grindy than maxing out all focus schools, or farming pre-rework Planes in general (and this stuff has been in the game for a while). Moreover, Warframe is nowhere near close to certain other f2p games I know in terms of grind, for example Path of Exile. So OP, I don't see your point in the slightest.

Honestly, having been playing Destiny 2 quite a bit now… I think D2 is more grindy then Warframe is and damn near every MMO out there has that little thing called "alternate classes" that bloates the stuff for you to farm and gather. Class-locked gear are basically rivens and augments in WF terms. 

I have nearly 3k hours in Warframe, active. Steam says 5k but I'll mark the difference up to me going AFK or forgetting the game is alt-tabbed. If I wasn't occasionally bored by this point, then that's some kind of patentable gameplay loop or just a mark of my ever degrading sanity. Probably both. 

5 minutes ago, Lakais said:

Honestly, having been playing Destiny 2 quite a bit now… I think D2 is more grindy then Warframe is and damn near every MMO out there has that little thing called "alternate classes" that bloates the stuff for you to farm and gather. Class-locked gear are basically rivens and augments in WF terms. 

I have nearly 3k hours in Warframe, active. Steam says 5k but I'll mark the difference up to me going AFK or forgetting the game is alt-tabbed. If I wasn't occasionally bored by this point, then that's some kind of patentable gameplay loop or just a mark of my ever degrading sanity. Probably both. 

I think many of the people complaining about the grind in WF have never played an MMO or an actual arpg, or many of the other looter shooters. Or those that have limited experience with those types of games, most notably arpgs and other looter shooters often throw the "but they make up for the grind by raining loot on you" comment out there without realizing only 1-2% of the drops in that rain is worthing saving. The changes to the reactors were quite sad imo, because it turned the whole idea of coming back to min-max into a very pointless thing because the difference between a 0% roll and a 100% roll is minimal given the cost of avionics. Even if you go from a 70% roll to a 100% roll, you still wont fit another avionic in there. So now we simply have a 4% chance at getting a top rolled BiS item, which on its own is quite a high drop percentage.

Better face it, your sanity is degrading, we are all turning into madmen playing this dying game, atleast according to the OP.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)owenslim:

I have a feeling that [DE] is making everything in warframe more grindy because it's coming to an end, players are already mr28 when the last door at cephalon simers is mr30 locked. So they're prolonging it so they can have time do the finishing of warframe. It's just something I've been thinking of lately.

It will never end in the classical sense of ending. It will wither out just like WoW does. 

I would argue that this is already the case. For the past 12 months Warframe tried to please mainly the veteran crowd. With even more railjack and harder late game content at the horizon, they clearly keep their focus more on monetizing veterans over getting new players onboard (no pun intended). The "amazing" (sarcasm) new stuff of 2019 for new players (railjack, kuva liches, hildryn, grendel, vasca kavat) is hidden behind hundreds of hours grind. The changes new players can experience is the new lighting engine. 

But going down like WoW is no shame because it would be a very slow and dignified decline.

Edited by k05h