Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 Forma = 1 Extra Mod Capacity

Fukoshi

Every weapon/warframe/anything that gets a forma should get 1 extra mod capacity per, could work the same way as the Kuva Weapons/Paracesis, but they would retain their "speciality" by getting 2x the mod capacity as "normal". 5-10 Cap as well, I'm tired of using 10-15 formas on something just to use 2-3 more when a new mod/riven arrives, or when I cant fit all my mods in my Kavat after 9 formas, with a 60 cap, even with all places formaed in you can only put 7 max (16cap) mods on it.

Edited by Fukoshi

9 minutes ago, Fukoshi said:

Every weapon/warframe/anything that gets a forma should get 1 extra mod capacity per, could work the same way as the Kuva Weapons/Paracesis, but they would retain their "speciality" by getting 2x the mod capacity as "normal". 5-10 Cap as well, I'm tired of using 10-15 formas on something just to use 2-3 more when a new mod/riven arrives, or when I cant fit all my mods in my Kavat after 9 formas, with a 60 cap, even with all places formaed in you can only put 7 max (16cap) mods on it.

So you plan to start all weapons with just one, instead of what we currently have? 

Because otherwise it sounds like you're just asking for powercreep?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So you plan to start all weapons with just one, instead of what we currently have? 

Because otherwise it sounds like you're just asking for powercreep?

could work the same way as the Kuva Weapons/Paracesis -> Only it adds 1 extra mod capacity instead of 2.

Like -> 1 forma Lato -> Rank 31 , Mod Capacity 31

Edited by Fukoshi

why stop there ? why even have mod capacity at all ? 

There's a reason we have limited mod capacity. It's so we have to make a choice a balance, want more fire rate ? then you have to sacrifice something else.

Otherwise you just literally build powercreep
can you imagine what balancing the enemies would be like if you could equip every single mod........

behave. lol

• Like 6

Just now, Fukoshi said:

could work the same way as the Kuva Weapons/Paracesis -> Only it adds 1 extra mod capacity instead of 2.

So basically asking for tons of un-necessary power creep that turns every weapon in the game into a kuva weapon/paracesis leveling slog?
How about no.

We don't need the power creep, we are already way to strong as it stands.  Further we don't need every weapon turning into a "Hey level this weapon X times to get all of the leveling out of it!"

Forma already gives you more capacity, you don't need more-more capacity from each one you put into a weapon.

The thing with "New mods making me use forma again" is...well it doesn't really happen that often? I've yet to forma a weapon *again* due to some new mod. The builds I have still work just fine, and any new mods typically fit in the slots somewhere.

DE has been on this kick about forcing players to choose things. Want to use that new mod with 15 capacity? Put a forma on your weapon to reduce it's capacity. Honestly all the new mods have just been...well, "Primed" mods, which you should have a forma on your weapon for already, and if not it's like...what, one more forma to fit it on? You can level a weapon in like 10-15 minutes with SO or Hydron...the hardest part is getting the forma...which again, 20p is easy to make on the market.

6 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

The thing with "New mods making me use forma again" is...well it doesn't really happen that often? I've yet to forma a weapon *again* due to some new mod. The builds I have still work just fine, and any new mods typically fit in the slots somewhere.

DE has been on this kick about forcing players to choose things. Want to use that new mod with 15 capacity? Put a forma on your weapon to reduce it's capacity. Honestly all the new mods have just been...well, "Primed" mods, which you should have a forma on your weapon for already, and if not it's like...what, one more forma to fit it on? You can level a weapon in like 10-15 minutes with SO or Hydron...the hardest part is getting the forma...which again, 20p is easy to make on the market.

Congrats for your builds but again. Kavats? Exilus for weapons? 

Can't say that I've ever had this problem... Sure, my builds get tight and I have to plan them out when Forma'ing nearly every slot on a weapon or Warframe. I've been fortunate in that all of my builds have been dead on. As far as the Kuva weapons and the Paracices goes... Its nearly a waste to have all that extra capacity. The only real advantage is that it makes making a mistake more forgiving if you never planed out a build or want to change the build. You can typically put a mod in a non matching slot and still have capacity to spare.

In short... I don't find it necessary.

12 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Also, If I get a riven for this, and max out ammo mutation, cant put in those 2 even with a 10th forma for exilus (Naramon polarity riven.)

EDIT: Aight, I'm dumb, I'll have just enough for this occasion, but what about rifles? Primed Shred and such

Edited by Fukoshi

4 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

TF are you building that requires 15 forma?

30 minutes ago, Fukoshi said:

I'm tired of using 10-15 formas on something just to use 2-3 more when a new mod/riven arrives

There are only 9 mod slots on a weapon.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

5 minutes ago, Fukoshi said:

10 on warframes, kavats, build change, (slowa, speedva such)

What's wrong with having to use additional Forma to min-max something? You can have a Forma setting for Speed and Slow on the same Nova Prime, or you can craft a second Nova Prime to have 2 dedicated setups that are more specialized.

Most weapon mods are either a Naramon or Madurai polarity with few exceptions, and it's easy enough to plug another 1-2 Forma to change a build every now and then. The capacity limit is there as a means to require player choice about what to slot.

We don't need more modding capacity.

• Like 3