Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Spear Concept

Collossal

eFclXqz.jpg

This is a concept I have drawn for a Tenno Laser Spear. The idea of the spear is to be laser-edged.
I only have a brief sketch of the spearhead drawn, so there is not much detail there. Above that is the default pose a Tenno would have whilst holding the spear. Pretty simple stuff.

tNVPiIS.jpg

These are concepts for the attack animations for the spear.
First we start off with a standard spear thrust, and after that a quick series of jabs starting from middle, then up and finally down. This final thrust in attack animation #2 that was angled slightly downward would be followed quickly by a ferocious upward slash. A spear is clearly not a slashing weapon, so the recovery would be a little slower than a thrust or jab. In the attack animation #4 after recovering ever so slightly from the upward attack, the foot that was planted backwards in #3 swings forward. Using that momentum the Tenno turns the spear-head sideways and tucks it in close, with the haft of the weapon protruding more noticeably from behind, and spins in a complete 360. To get in that blinding fast spin the Tenno sacrifices a bit of his range, but in turn can also quickly recover.

I do not make a habit of drawing frequently. I also do not pay very much attention to detail. So, being new to this and everything, I can not produce a well detailed spear-head. I might end up making it more detailed and actually attaching it to something.

Weapon Type: Melee
Damage Type: Serrated Blade
Damage: 42
Crit Chance: 18.5%
Crit Damage: 250%
Attack Rate: 1.4 atks/sec
Charge Dmg Type: Blade
Charge Dmg: 175 160
Charge Time: 0.4 sec/charge
Charge Crit Chance: 20.0%
Charge Crit Dmg: 180.0%

Not sure if these stats would render this weapon useless, but I tried to make it moderate.

Edited by Collossal

Speahead; Awesome.

Stick-Figure; not so much.

Still, joking aside it's a nice concept. However, a Naginata or a Glaive/Ranseur is more fitting for the Tenno than a plain spear no matter how cool the spear is.

I was tossing around the idea of a Naginata, but I couldn't get the style right. I could give it another shot if you think it would be more fitting?

I was tossing around the idea of a Naginata, but I couldn't get the style right. I could give it another shot if you think it would be more fitting?

That's up to you. A naginata is basically a katana on a spear-shaft if you want it simplified that way.

Piercing isn't a type of damage...

I know, but it could naturally be Armor Piercing couldn't it? Spears are somewhat different from other weapons and they most certainly don't fit in with the Staves (Bo, Amphis, and Orthos') because they are meant for stabbing and piercing motions. I just feel Serrated Blade damage doesn't fit them for normal damage though, call me crazy. At least not for the starting spear. Maybe switching damage type of attack and charged attack and reducing the damage of the charged attack slightly? (by maybe...15 points)

I know, but it could naturally be Armor Piercing couldn't it? Spears are somewhat different from other weapons and they most certainly don't fit in with the Staves (Bo, Amphis, and Orthos') because they are meant for stabbing and piercing motions. I just feel Serrated Blade damage doesn't fit them for normal damage though, call me crazy. At least not for the starting spear. Maybe switching damage type of attack and charged attack and reducing the damage of the charged attack slightly? (by maybe...15 points)

Serrated blade is armor piercing, And other then serrated blade I do not know what damage type it would go under. So I disagree with the serrated blade being not good for this weapon, on the other hand, I see how this being the starting spear it has a bit high of a charge damage.

-shrugs- everyone has their own opinion on things. It could be perfectly fine for all I know. I don't know the difference between weapon attack types and/or don't notice when playing. I just pick things that I like/look cool. I'd work on getting the Twin Gremlins but they don't have a blueprint available so far.

-shrugs- everyone has their own opinion on things. It could be perfectly fine for all I know. I don't know the difference between weapon attack types and/or don't notice when playing. I just pick things that I like/look cool. I'd work on getting the Twin Gremlins but they don't have a blueprint available so far.

Damage types make a big difference, but the Grems are actually available from phobos

Here is the "Naginata" Spearhead I based off of the original. The loopy things were supposed to be a bladed crossgaurd but it didn't turn out that way

2DOx7bJ.jpg

IMO, The blade is a good start, but the circular connector is out of balance. It's not Aerodynamic, would weigh down the weapon and actually wouldn't serve much as a guard. Plus, that would not be a Naginata but a Chinese spear. Maybe if you could integrate the blade more seamlessly with the shaft with like flowing designs. Try to imagine a one sided Orthos and expand the bladed portion to give you a better idea of seamlessly attaching the blade to the shaft.

Edited by ErudiusNacht

IMO, The blade is a good start, but the circular connector is out of balance. It's not Aerodynamic, would weigh down the weapon and actually wouldn't serve much as a guard. Plus, that would not be a Naginata but a Chinese spear. Maybe if you could integrate the blade more seamlessly with the shaft with like flowing designs. Try to imagine a one sided Orthos and expand the bladed portion to give you a better idea of seamlessly attaching the blade to the shaft.

I will have to get to work on that tomorrow, my hands hurt from the multiple designs I made for this last night