Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich farming

Captain_Rocket505

Question

My one friend has a lich on venus( lets call him x) while I got one on earth( named y). If I do a mission with him in x's territory and kill tralls there will I get murmurs for y? And will this happen if we do a mission in y's territory? And also as a side note if he kills tralls in the mission with me will I get murmur experience? 

3 answers to this question

Doesn't matter who kills or stabs it, you will be getting murmurs. The only reason the planet matters is, if you are on x's planet y will be less likely to spawn. Doesn't mean he can't/won't, it is just less likely. 

Side note: Stabbing your Lich and getting the mod wrong will level up your Lich and enemy levels on subsequent missions. On the flip side of this stabbing your Lich and getting it wrong is worth 10 murmurs. Some people feel differently but, I am of the school of stabbing my Lich everytime I see them. I have a chance of guessing right, in turn your murmurs will go to the next unsolved mod. In the more likely scenario where I am wrong, I get the 10 murmurs and a bit a Kuva for my troubles. Level 100's are not much trouble for most veteran players. YMMV

Edited by (XB1)Thang Hung
add something

1 hour ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

The only reason the planet matters is, if you are on x's planet y will be less likely to spawn. Doesn't mean he can't/won't, it is just less likely. 

The planet matters because in this scenario the player with lich Y is not increasing his "anger meter".  There are three legs on the tripod of killing a lich: collecting murmurs, making the lich angry so he spawns frequently, and stabbing the lich when he spawns to test mods and get free murmurs.

Playing on a planet not controlled by your lich only works toward one of those three goals and actively works against the other two.  You can decide for yourself if doing so is worth the bother, but personally I think it is wasted effort.  I'd rather solo my own planet missions while my friends solo their own.  Or play on public and get whatever randoms that matchmaking wants to throw at me (but lets be honest, solo it is).