Sign in to follow this  
saladhunter

Nyx Assimilate as exilus

Hello there,

It would be nice to have Nyx's Assimilate augment to fit in the exilus slot. Similar to how Mesa's Waltz is. They both allow them to move while in their ultimate and it would benefit to have a freed up slot for another mod. Or just having separate slots for augments in general would be very helpful.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by saladhunter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, saladhunter said:

They both allow them to move while in their ultimate

Mesa's Waltz does, and it is an Exilus mod. If you would, instead, like Assimilate to just allow movement, then there would be no issue.

Merely affecting movement is not an Exilus Augment mod. It is one that is entirely about movement, like adding a pounce to Hysteria or moving around with Mesa's Peacemaker.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, saladhunter said:

Hello there,

It would be nice to have Nyx's Assimilate augment to fit in the exilus slot. Similar to how Mesa's Waltz is. They both allow them to move while in their ultimate and it would benefit to have a freed up slot for another mod. Or just having separate slots for augments in general would be very helpful.

What are your thoughts?

Mesa Wlatz and Assimilate are 2 different mods. Waltz does not allow mesa to use her other skills unlike assimilate which allows nyx to not only move but allows her to use all of her other powers where she cannot without it.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Yes, you both have good points. I just thought it would help out Nyx because she is mostly a defensive/CC frame and can sometimes be very squishy depending on the build. I guess the exception would be if a Nyx is specifically for debuff/damage with psychic bolts.  

Edited by saladhunter
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, saladhunter said:

Yes, you both have good points. I just thought it would help out Nyx because she is mostly a defensive/CC frame and can sometimes be very squishy depending on the build. I guess the exception would be if a Nyx is specifically for debuff/damage with psychic bolts.  

if absorbs animation was faster/more fluid alot of complaints about it would disappear. i also think DE needs to un nerf its range and put a range cap on it. i still like nyx as she is and would hate for DE to do to her what they do to all frames that arent DPS.

• Woah 1

Would be awesome, but not gonna happen. Why? Cause DEs "logic".

Edited by Benour
  • Haha 1

Aaaaaand point of this video is? You cannot fashion for shizzle? Or im missing something?   😸

15 hours ago, saladhunter said:

It would be nice to have Nyx's Assimilate augment to fit in the exilus slot.

Sure. It's even necessary at current state.
I've been trying many builds on Nyx recently, as she has a lot of beautiful skins and fashion-frame potential. None of these were delivering. It's barely fun. I think Nyx needs a complete or at least partial rework for her "mind-control" abilities since current AI makes it patently useless... At some point it's fun to have a Nox-friend running around... Except he does not do anything.

Current Nyx is slow (especially after racing frames), fragile. But not that fragile. Her abilities don't really do much compared to other frames. For each feature she has there's a better frame to go with. The sole reason I still sometimes play her is purely aesthetic. What a shame.

Changing slot requirement for this particular aug would make it a little better. And I'd rather had this than nothing at all.

However there's very little chance we're getting any improvements soon, as DE's main focus now is Emperyan whatsoever thingey.

Edited by TeaHawk
  • Like 1

I'm gonna support this, since Absorb is almost entirely trash in it's current state without Assimilate which makes it a mandatory augment. It also happens to affect movement. 

Honestly, this is more of a protest for me since she deserves a real rework to her Mind Control and Absorb if nothing else and I don't want DE to forget it. The changes to Psychic Bolts was effective, but the changes they made to Absorb were mostly meaningless. The weapon damage buff is nice, but it still means nothing if you get one shot by all the enemies you've aggro'd as soon as you disable the ability, barely scratching them with the pitiful dynamic damage you've absorbed. 

It would've been nice if they had taken more consideration from the entire Design Council thread they created specifically for her rework...

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, here’s the problem; Assimilate changes the base ability. Movement or not, it changes how the base ability functions.

Currently the rule is that if it only changes movement, and changes no stats at all on the base, then it’s able to go in the Exilus.

And that’s the pure rule for Augments, so the Drift mods are their own thing.

The only way that Assimilate would work in the Exilus is to remove all of those other changes.

Now, that said...

I am in favour of making a way that Augments in general don’t interfere with builds and are a compliment to them instead. Sadly, after years of debate, nobody has been able to come up with a way to do that without either blowing out all kind of modding limitations (the ones that make builds something you can think about or vary, or customise to a particular play style) or without putting in a complete secondary modding system that will be yet another closed-grind like Focus that will only benefit the players that have already put in the time and never need to again.

The only system of doing this that comes close is the idea of permanent installs, similar to a lens, with the limit that you can only install one at a time or up to a limit and no more, but then that’s your frame permanently changed. Except we know what happened with lenses, people immediately wanted them off, the same with old Arcanes, people wanted to put on others, or remove them too. Which completely removes the draw-back of this permanent install system.

Augments that change how base abilities function, buffing or even just band-aiding them, need to have a cost.

And it needs to be a cost we can’t ignore, like a mod slot, more mod-point cost... something.

Otherwise these aren’t a build choice, they become nothing more than an extra strength/range mod on there that you can throw on for free if you have it.

And at that point... what reason do DE have for ever making them good?

• Like 2