Jump to content
[DE]Danielle

Upcoming Plans for the First Console Update of 2020!

Recommended Posts

Hello Switch, XB1, and PS4 Tenno! 

With Empyrean live on all consoles, the question at the forefront has been  “where are all those Railjack changes and fixes?”. For those of you who do not frequent our live streams and have missed our updates there, we’re here to give you an idea of what our plans are for the first major console update of 2020. 

We are aiming to send a build to Cert that includes the first PC content drop of the year (a predominantly Kuva Lich QOL update!), the many PC hotfixes deployed this year, and those that did not make it into the Empyrean build on consoles at the end of 2019. 

We know the wait has already been long on getting the many highly anticipated QOL changes and fixes that are pending for Railjack. Your frustration is certainly valid, especially with persistent issues such as the Shedu jamming bug. Since most of the changes/bug fixes touch on and intersect with code that is required to be submitted to Cert for approval (which is why the list of Railjack fixes for console hotfixes has been small so far), the goal with this all-in-one build is to avoid potential delays related to having two back-to-back Cert builds awaiting approval. 

That said, while we await the launch of PC’s Kuva Lich update, we are using this time to put some focus on the following console specific items: 

  • Investigating some well-needed console performance optimizations (including Railjack) across some of the more notoriously choppy areas. 
  • Investigating a handful of Railjack issues specific to Nintendo Switch - [DE]Helen has been replying in report threads if you wish to track the status!

As a thank you for your patience for what has already been a lengthy wait on Railjack QOL, when the update goes live you will receive an inbox message on login containing a 7-Day Resource Booster. With all the great economy changes coming, we hope this gives you that extra push in your Railjack progress - something we feel is well deserved! 

January 29th Update: 

If you have read our Kuva Lich Changes Coming Soon™ PART 2 Dev Workshop you know that we are shipping the PC update next week so that we can do more testing. Since our original plan, as mentioned above, was to send the build to Cert once PC has launched their Kuva Lich update, we’re here to assure you that we are still including it in the console build and launching soon, but with one key and exciting change! 

We are now planning a simultaneous launch of the console update with the PC Kuva Lich update. That said, our timeline for launch has not changed now that we are aiming for a platform-wide release. Instead of waiting on PC to launch first, we are going to be building for Cert alongside PC’s testing so that we can have the most polished version of the Kuva Lich changes listed in Workshop. To avoid confusion, we are not extending the wait for our console Tenno who have been waiting patiently for the long-needed Railjack changes and fixes. PC was going to update this week, and consoles were promptly going to be sent to Cert following. The only difference now is that we are Certing without PC launching first! 

The goal here is to improve our release timing across all platforms. We want to find ourselves back in a release rhythm that we can all be happy about - we don’t expect this to be perfect all the time, but we want to start 2020 off on a better foot! 

February 4th Update: 

EEmpyrean: Railjack + Kuva Lich Changes Update 27.1.0 is live on PS4 and XB1! A successful simultaneous deploy alongside PC starts off our year Updates for our console Tenno. For our Nintendo Switch Tenno, we mentioned there was a possibility that we are unable to launch at the same time due to Cert but we will continue you updated in the Status Thread! In the meantime, we have posted the latest for Switch news and what you can expect while we wait for Cert approval: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1164976-switch-update-271-status-in-cert/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-11352487

Edited by [DE]Danielle
February 4th Update
  • Like 26
  • Haha 5
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the crew ships not spawning needs to be looked at as a priority. It's a much more game breaking bug than a Shedu jamming.

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for this thread. Honestly means a lot to me - and I hope others - just to have a post addressing it ❤️

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Hando said:

I think the crew ships not spawning needs to be looked at as a priority. It's a much more game breaking bug than a Shedu jamming.

I don't know if it works for squads, but if I solo - they spawn each time I kill each ship and return to my Railjack. 

Edited by (PS4)DeZaruu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid it's an issue with squads. The fix to it is for the host to abort. This instantly spawns up to 9 crew ships altogether at once. It's not frequent. You can do one or two missions just fine. Usually on that third mission it's an issue. I've seen it in public and with friends. And I'm also not the only one experiencing it. It's a waste of time when it happens and sad that people have to miss out on loot 😞

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about crewships not spawning? That will cause you to lose everything from the mission - all your loot. It's extraordinarily frustrating to see a rare avionics drop and then not be able to keep it. Is this fix in the next update? 

This problem has caused some of my clan mates to literally refuse to play any railjack missions until it's fixed. 

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the time when you get missing crewships, you can usally find them unresponsive at the very edge of the map somewhere. Worth trying to find them if you are missing a few. Note that it sometimes takes longer to find them than doing another mission...

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to be 100% clear this includes up to build 27.0.11 (reactor buffs)?

I know it says PC updates from this year, just want to be sure before I get my hopes up.  

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

EDIT: Also echoing others - missing crewships are a mission ruining problem, really hoping these are fixed... 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Most of the time when you get missing crewships, you can usally find them unresponsive at the very edge of the map somewhere. Worth trying to find them if you are missing a few. Note that it sometimes takes longer to find them than doing another mission...

I've had missions where I actually scoured every corner, until I bumped into the invisible edges, and found nothing. When I've had the bug, that's actually been my experience more often than finding them at the edges.

I think this bug varies for everyone, and may have something to do with the p2p connection in that mission. Some of my clan mates have just gotten the worse end of the spectrum. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Most of the time when you get missing crewships, you can usally find them unresponsive at the very edge of the map somewhere. Worth trying to find them if you are missing a few. Note that it sometimes takes longer to find them than doing another mission...

For sure, and I've been able to find a single one before after fifteen minutes of looking, but I've honestly ran into the bug and been at 1/6 crew ships before. I've also spend 45 minutes looking once with no luck. It just seems crazy to me that this issue hasn't been the highlight of a bug, but "The shedu jamming bug" is.

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (XB1)Hando said:

I'm afraid it's an issue with squads. The fix to it is for the host to abort. This instantly spawns up to 9 crew ships altogether at once. It's not frequent. You can do one or two missions just fine. Usually on that third mission it's an issue. I've seen it in public and with friends. And I'm also not the only one experiencing it. It's a waste of time when it happens and sad that people have to miss out on loot 😞

I've been in several squads where even if host leaves and we migrate succesfully, they still don't spawn - in fact in almost every case it breaks the game because nobody can pilot the railjack or even take us back to dojo, effectively losing any pickups we got as well.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

I've been in several squads where even if host leaves and we migrate succesfully, they still don't spawn - in fact in almost every case it breaks the game because nobody can pilot the railjack or even take us back to dojo, effectively losing any pickups we got as well.  

Ah damn man, that's even worse and even more game breaking. At least when a kind host can migrate to make it work, someone gets something. That's awful and definitely needs to be highlighted as a more urgent fix.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (XB1)Hando said:

I'm afraid it's an issue with squads. The fix to it is for the host to abort. This instantly spawns up to 9 crew ships altogether at once. It's not frequent. You can do one or two missions just fine. Usually on that third mission it's an issue. I've seen it in public and with friends. And I'm also not the only one experiencing it. It's a waste of time when it happens and sad that people have to miss out on loot 😞

Aahh that one, yeah like someone else said - they are SOMEWHERE, and host migration seem to force them into range of the Railjack.

I've fine eyes, but I find it too difficult to actually see where they are in the far distance (plus it's clearly not intended for them to be flying off for eternity)

What I usually do if I host (I usually solo, I host if a friend is up for Railjack) is let the squad know I'll quit if the crewships won't appear in 1-2 minutes,- I rather three people get something, than none because I refuse to leave. Sadly I've run into hosts who uses another approach; spawn specter and AFK (I wish I was kidding)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what I have found as far as crew ships not spawning. I found that if I kill all the attack ships first, the final few crewships don't get activated to spawn. So what I have had to do for now is kill enough attack ships to get the first few crew ships to spawn, kill all of them, then go back to the fighters. Rinse and repeat. I hope that helps everyone till the situation is properly fixed. I think the issue is that the attack ships call in the crew ships for support, so if all the attack ships are already dead, they can't call the rest of the crew ships in.

As far as the update. I just wish that something had been said sooner. I mean, its already the 22nd. I do appreciate what they are trying ot do for us, and I appreciate the gift they ar providing for the wait. I just wish the communication of what is going on and how things are going to be done had been said sooner.

That being said, take your time DE. I know you get a lot of people chomping at the bit to get the updates, but we would rather have a good working update then a rushed one that breaks more things while it fixes others. Don't be Bethesda DE, your better then that.

(if you don't know what I mean by don't be Bethesda, just do a google search on how they are handling Fallout 76)

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello Switch, XB1, and PS4 Tenno! 

With Empyrean live on all consoles, the question at the forefront has been  “where are all those Railjack changes and fixes?”. For those of you who do not frequent our live streams and have missed our updates there, we’re here to give you an idea of what our plans are for the first major console update of 2020. 

We are aiming to send a build to Cert that includes the first PC content drop of the year (a predominantly Kuva Lich QOL update!), the many PC hotfixes deployed this year, and those that did not make it into the Empyrean build on consoles at the end of 2019. 

We know the wait has already been long on getting the many highly anticipated QOL changes and fixes that are pending for Railjack. Your frustration is certainly valid, especially with persistent issues such as the Shedu jamming bug. Since most of the changes/bug fixes touch on and intersect with code that is required to be submitted to Cert for approval (which is why the list of Railjack fixes for console hotfixes has been small so far), the goal with this all-in-one build is to avoid potential delays related to having two back-to-back Cert builds awaiting approval. 

That said, while we await the launch of PC’s Kuva Lich update, we are using this time to put some focus on the following console specific items: 

  • Investigating some well-needed console performance optimizations (including Railjack) across some of the more notoriously choppy areas. 
  • Investigating a handful of Railjack issues specific to Nintendo Switch - [DE]Helen has been replying in report threads if you wish to track the status!

As a thank you for your patience for what has already been a lengthy wait on Railjack QOL, when the update goes live you will receive an inbox message on login containing a 7-Day Resource Booster. With all the great economy changes coming, we hope this gives you that extra push in your Railjack progress - something we feel is well deserved! 

So after dealing with broken drops and game breaking bugs for over a month already, and knowing it'll be a month at least before the fixes, all you're giving us is a resource booster? Is this a joke? I know that updates take time but holy crap you could have done so much more. Hell every bit of plat spent on repair drones should be refunded after this, seeing as the resource costs are very much predatory in their current state. Without that you're just admitting you made them that way on purpose to gouge your playerbase. 

  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)Hando said:

I think the crew ships not spawning needs to be looked at as a priority. It's a much more game breaking bug than a Shedu jamming.

in the meantime , not killing all the fighters and waiting for that crew ship for that 90/90, crew ship usually spawn with fighters, it could bug when not fighters to spawn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)Shadow_Of_Hunhow said:

So after dealing with broken drops and game breaking bugs for over a month already, and knowing it'll be a month at least before the fixes, all you're giving us is a resource booster? Is this a joke? I know that updates take time but holy crap you could have done so much more. Hell every bit of plat spent on repair drones should be refunded after this, seeing as the resource costs are very much predatory in their current state. Without that you're just admitting you made them that way on purpose to gouge your playerbase. 

you really think its gonna be refunded ???? if it was PC would have gotten refunded , so clearly. 80% resources back after recycling double material rewards , and better chance at wreckage its not just a booster and changes overall. you bought repair drones to rush,so   you rushed you cant unrush, its already done. for me if it feels better im good regardless 

  • Haha 2
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (PS4)TrollyThyTrinity said:

in the meantime , not killing all the fighters and waiting for that crew ship for that 90/90, crew ship usually spawn with fighters, it could bug when not fighters to spawn 

I'm afraid that even waiting for it without killing all the fighters sees the bug as well. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)Hando said:

I think the crew ships not spawning needs to be looked at as a priority. It's a much more game breaking bug than a Shedu jamming.

those are including in pc fix some time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, (XB1)St0nerJR said:

I cant be the only one that sees this as a non answer to the console community can I?

StonerJR - LOL...didnt you read:

"We are aiming to send a build to Cert"

They evidently weren't aiming before now. Unfortunately we still have no idea when tho. Not even the word "soon".

In the past there is usually an update/patch around Valentine's day. But thats only 3 weeks away so......

The excuse, "Sorry, we took a vacation." is so lame its painful. Maybe the people paying the paychecks will rethink that idea for the future. Like spreading out the vacation schedules so they dont alienate the entire console player base. Just an idea that most successful companies use.

Maybe that cross save function with the new xbox will help. Oh wait, I guess they rolling back that idea as well. So.....ya. Nice to see Microsoft moving into the future, disappointing that Devs are not willing to pony up for the next wave of gaming. But boy-o-boy do those ludacris graphics look good with that spicy new engine they got last year....when it isn't frozen or trying to find crewships hiding 30000000000 meters away in the dark, or running my face into every door for 6 straight years. Ya, the doors are still a problem..and worse on RJ.

  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...