[DE]Danielle

Upcoming Plans for the First Console Update of 2020!

15 hours ago, (XB1)Hando said:

For sure, and I've been able to find a single one before after fifteen minutes of looking, but I've honestly ran into the bug and been at 1/6 crew ships before. I've also spend 45 minutes looking once with no luck. It just seems crazy to me that this issue hasn't been the highlight of a bug, but "The shedu jamming bug" is.

The problem I think is how many people, like me, who spent plat, aka real actual money on the shedu parts instead of suffering through the grind.

5 hours ago, (PS4)MATTEOS_PHOTO said:

Lichs are too weak lol, even a Lv 5 take less than a min to kill, the filling the mummer's is the S#&$ty part bc no one runs missions anymore

Lichs like RJ are not made for low levels

Main problem with liches is not how weak they are but how boring and annoying it is to farm them.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Kaleidos_Joker said:

I agree I feel like 7 days is insult to injury. I really hope you rethink this DE. How many vacations will your players sit through this year....

On console.....

We received a rushed Lich update.

We received a Nightwave with, I think it was 9 repeated rewards. "Thanks" from the people who play the game regularly. 

We received a broken Blink update.

We received Emperyan with no hope of critical changes in sight.  

It's no wonder it's becoming increasingly difficult to find experienced players in the game on console. I am heartbroken for this game and the direction it is going. I would actually like to hear some form of an apology from DE, but we never will.

I mean, you guys on ps4 at least received the update before christmas. Look at us on Switch, we received the update when? Last week? I am lately finding myself with less will to play the game given how they treat us.

Old blood took almost a month to arrive on Switch (and as an "apology" we got a few bp's and maybe some short boosters). Railjack? Don't make me start with that one...

And then we have the insane amounts of grind for everything lately. Insane and, worst of all, annoying. Hunting a kuva lich is the most obnoxious thing to do lately; basically the process is: kill 150 thralls (that don't spawn that often) to know what requiems you need. Find the requiems (good luck with rng). Farm more thralls to make your lich appear and try to kill it. Fail. Go back and switch mods. Kill more thralls to make your lich appear and try to kill it again. Fail once more. Go back and switch mods. Kill more thralls to make your lich appear and try to kill it again. First mod is ok, second is not. Fail once more. Go back and switch mods. Kill more thralls to make your lich appear once more and finally kill it. You got a weapon. Now do this process again 12 more times (at least) while praying for not getting any single weapon twice and with good stats. Did I mention that you'll need 65 formas in total and with increasing affinity needed each time you forma the weapons?

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Look at us on Switch, we received the update when? Last week? I am lately finding myself with less will to play the game given how they treat us.

Let's be fair, developing Warframe for Switch must have been like trying to install Skyrim on a toaster.

• Like 1

The Switch port was also initially done by Panic Button, so I assume they've three builds atm; PC, PS4/XBO and NSW

17 hours ago, (XB1)Hando said:

I think the crew ships not spawning needs to be looked at as a priority. It's a much more game breaking bug than a Shedu jamming.

17 hours ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

Thank you so much for this thread. Honestly means a lot to me - and I hope others - just to have a post addressing it ❤️

I don't know if it works for squads, but if I solo - they spawn each time I kill each ship and return to my Railjack. 

I'm afraid it's an issue with squads. The fix to it is for the host to abort. This instantly spawns up to 9 crew ships altogether at once. It's not frequent. You can do one or two missions just fine. Usually on that third mission it's an issue. I've seen it in public and with friends. And I'm also not the only one experiencing it. It's a waste of time when it happens and sad that people have to miss out on loot 😞

17 hours ago, (XB1)PhoenixReviving said:

What about crewships not spawning? That will cause you to lose everything from the mission - all your loot. It's extraordinarily frustrating to see a rare avionics drop and then not be able to keep it. Is this fix in the next update? 

This problem has caused some of my clan mates to literally refuse to play any railjack missions until it's fixed. 

16 hours ago, (XB1)Hando said:

For sure, and I've been able to find a single one before after fifteen minutes of looking, but I've honestly ran into the bug and been at 1/6 crew ships before. I've also spend 45 minutes looking once with no luck. It just seems crazy to me that this issue hasn't been the highlight of a bug, but "The shedu jamming bug" is.

Hey guys!! First of all I want to thank you immensely for all the details on this - I personally have not experience this myself amazingly enough, I'm surprised I haven't considering how rampant this sounds. Deepest apologies that it took this long to get on the radar. It's interesting because the build we sent to cert for Empyrean's release on consoles included many of the script error and other fixes that were causing spawn issues on PC from their launch. Looks like something funky is happening here. Either way! The team is looking into it to see what can be done. I'll keep you updated as we move along in investigations. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

So just to be 100% clear this includes up to build 27.0.11 (reactor buffs)?

I know it says PC updates from this year, just want to be sure before I get my hopes up.  

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

Yes! Those Reactor buffs will be included. 

17 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello Switch, XB1, and PS4 Tenno! 

With Empyrean live on all consoles, the question at the forefront has been  “where are all those Railjack changes and fixes?”. For those of you who do not frequent our live streams and have missed our updates there, we’re here to give you an idea of what our plans are for the first major console update of 2020. 

We are aiming to send a build to Cert that includes the first PC content drop of the year (a predominantly Kuva Lich QOL update!), the many PC hotfixes deployed this year, and those that did not make it into the Empyrean build on consoles at the end of 2019. 

We know the wait has already been long on getting the many highly anticipated QOL changes and fixes that are pending for Railjack. Your frustration is certainly valid, especially with persistent issues such as the Shedu jamming bug. Since most of the changes/bug fixes touch on and intersect with code that is required to be submitted to Cert for approval (which is why the list of Railjack fixes for console hotfixes has been small so far), the goal with this all-in-one build is to avoid potential delays related to having two back-to-back Cert builds awaiting approval. 

That said, while we await the launch of PC’s Kuva Lich update, we are using this time to put some focus on the following console specific items: 

• Investigating some well-needed console performance optimizations (including Railjack) across some of the more notoriously choppy areas. 
  • Investigating a handful of Railjack issues specific to Nintendo Switch - [DE]Helen has been replying in report threads if you wish to track the status!

As a thank you for your patience for what has already been a lengthy wait on Railjack QOL, when the update goes live you will receive an inbox message on login containing a 7-Day Resource Booster. With all the great economy changes coming, we hope this gives you that extra push in your Railjack progress - something we feel is well deserved! 

Are you serious. Are you freaking serious not only has it taken half month to just get the update on switch its most likely gonna take month or so for XBO and PS4 gods know if switch will see it any time soon if not next year at this point but you think a Res booster will fix it hell no for once i will look the gift horse in the mouth and walk away from it the amount of problems on this mode alone that means CRAP I am sorry but this is just enough of this. 

Danielle one question: I take the Kuva Lich update you alude to is going to be 26.1, which hopefully releases next week, and as soon as you hotfix any possible big outliers you'll send it to cert (so we're looking to February for console users). Would that be correct?

3 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys!! First of all I want to thank you immensely for all the details on this - I personally have not experience this myself amazingly enough, I'm surprised I haven't considering how rampant this sounds. Deepest apologies that it took this long to get on the radar. It's interesting because the build we sent to cert for Empyrean's release on consoles included many of the script error and other fixes that were causing spawn issues on PC from their launch. Looks like something funky is happening here. Either way! The team is looking into it to see what can be done. I'll keep you updated as we move along in investigations. 

This makes me happier than anything to see. I had wondered why it wasn't getting attention. And now I know that it seems like we have a separate issue than when PC was experiencing it. Thank you for the response and satisfying some of the irk here!

8 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

In my experience it seems to happen more frequently if you clear all the side objectives before dealing with the Fighters and Crewships.

Not always, but more frequently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

In my experience it seems to happen more frequently if you clear all the side objectives before dealing with the Fighters and Crewships.

Not always, but more frequently.

I've had that issue too, but for me it seems most frequent when you reach 90 fighters and you haven't killed all crewships.  This becomes an issue because it seems like if you don't kill any fighters, you don't see crew ships spawn.. And then if you start slowly widdling them down, and you get to like 80/90, they start running into asteroids and killing themselves, completing the objective without spawning crew ships.

Edited by (XB1)Hando
Additional info for bug

Will this include sharing resources picked up in crewships and bases?  And those resources being usable in the forge?

Edited by (NSW)Kadet
Linking more detail

1 minute ago, (NSW)Kadet said:

Will this include sharing resources picked up in crewships and bases?  And those resources being usable in the forge?

Yup! The update will include everything from 27.0.6 to the PC Kuva Lich update coming up. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

@[DE]Danielle I saw PC just got 27.0.12, but no mentions of the Kuva changes - so I assume this is not the update you're waiting for?

Correct, that is a Hotfix. We're waiting for the next update 🙂 We'll grab all those Hotfixes though between now and when that drops!

Just now, [DE]Danielle said:

Correct, that is a Hotfix. We're waiting for the next update 🙂 We'll grab all those Hotfixes though between now and when that drops!

Great - just making sure 🙂

Thanks once again for the info.

Somewhat tied to all this - is the Empyrean Supporter Bundle still arriving by the end of January, or is it pushed to February? I'm not sure if the current build we've supports it

Just now, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

Great - just making sure 🙂

Thanks once again for the info.

Somewhat tied to all this - is the Empyrean Supporter Bundle still arriving by the end of January, or is it pushed to February? I'm not sure if the current build we've supports it

That is still planned before the end of January, yup!

Some feedback/suggestion:

Have the Sentient Anomaly work like Arbitrations - meaning, once you join, you've used your attempt for this rotation (let's just say 3 hours, I know it varies though). That way people not only have absolutely no gain from leaving (I know this also means you can't clear multiple in one window of avaiability), but also gives a timer for people to easier know it's up.

It'll be tricky as you need a host, but I feel it's something to look into - unless the anomalies are ramping up as February progresses.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I mean, you guys on ps4 at least received the update before christmas. Look at us on Switch, we received the update when? Last week? I am lately finding myself with less will to play the game given how they treat us.

I am sorry but what. You are maybe 14 months in .

NSW has had to wait because Nintendo's certification process. Yes, you currently have to wait longer for updates. But at nearly everything you get  is polished and has a decreased grind from what XB1 and PS4 receive. To point to Old Blood. You received this as .8.... increased ephemera drop chance and no back to back weapons. That update was received on PC 2 days after console went to cert. Yet you guys get free stuff and a polished to .8 update. PS4 and XB1, to my knowledge, have never received an I'm sorry here's free stuff from DE.

Now PS4 and XB1 are set to receive 7 day booster (that NSW will also get) for more than a month without important updates. You cannot compare PS4/XB1 to NSW. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

Tokens are meant as a way to control what weapon (no idea about bonus) you get. I'm not at a computer right now, but Scott talked about it last decstresm. Probably can read about it in the overview. 

Honestly think the liches are fine, besides required failure to vanquish. People wanting no RNG and everything handed to them.. Playing the wrong type of game imo

There's RNG, then there's absurd grindwalls on top of several layers of RNG that slow your progression to a crawl. I've endured the grind for Hema, the Railjack, Vauban Prime & quite a few other things. If all Warframe has to offer is padding, then Liches & any other mechanic like it aren't fine. Grind doesn't make for good content. If all that time invested doesn't pay off, people are in the right to address these problems as they see fit. Their "emulation" of the Middle-Earth: Shadow series hardly tries to play off of the great aspects of that nemesis system.

35 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I know it is with good intent that you're packaging all Empyrean updates plus the Kuva Lich QoL changes, but isn't the latter at least another 1 if not 2 weeks away?

Then porting/coding those changes to consoles and sanity testing probably takes another week. Sending to cert and waiting for approval will add another week (since many changes).  So by the time console gets it will be end Feb?!

Why not just send the Empyrean fixes build out now (up to 27.0.12) so that Empyrean/Railjack can be playable in a week's time for consoles, and then package the Kuva Lich changes after?

6 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

Why not just send the Empyrean fixes build out now (up to 27.0.12) so that Empyrean/Railjack can be playable in a week's time for consoles, and then package the Kuva Lich changes after?

Cert costs money. Better to send it all in one shot than to pay for 2 certs.