Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Not getting XP from missions

abysstalefoxy

If this isn't a bug my bad but if it is then ok. So I've been doing a lot of missions lately but everytime I do one it doesn't move an inch but when I do a quest it works some reason which I don't understand. I would've been rank 8 or something by now but I still don't get xp from missions. I still have 25 days left on my booster and it does nothing on the missions but it works miracles on quests some reason.

The thing that does the killing gets the XP, unless it's already rank 30 or has been up to 30 already and you are just releveling after a forma. Something that is already maxed will 'waste' it's XP share so that won't make your overall account rank XP go up.

If you kill with a frame ability, the frame gets XP.

If you kill with a rifle, the rifle and frame will get XP.

If you complete an objective like a capture, spy hack, or something like that which is not specifically killing, it will share that among all your items. Quests also give you mastery that's not tied to an item as does completing nodes you haven't done before. This is a way to level up equipment that you don't enjoy but want to finish and get the mastery before getting rid of it.

So I imagine you're running missions with maxed items on nodes you've done before, so adding nothing towards your account mastery rank. Just quests and the occasional new to you node that gets completed is adding to account rank.

• Like 1