Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma rework , giving his wing some use.

keikogi

Decided to revive and revise my old Chroma Rework. It is based on giving each element a role and giving Chroma fancy wings a real use.

The elemntes Will have the fallowing roles. 

Fire- healing tank 

Ice- cc tank 

Poison- melee fighter 

Electricity- utility 

I will first I will breakdown why I think the skill needs a rework then my rework.

Passive.

It is there , while it noticible the element change I want to push the diderences even futher.

Each element will add a bit to Chroma base stats 

Fire more health 

Ice more Armor 

Poison more movement speed

Electricity adds base energy regeneration 

1.Spectral Scream 

Probably the most anemic flame breath in gaming history. Also it is channelled skill meaning it has to compete with a gun dps and utility.

Reworked into a quick breath attack with a focus on set up or utility.

Elemental Effects

Fire-narrow cone of purifying flames that heal allies and set enemies ablaze.

Ice- cone of cold wind freezing enemies close to chroma and slowing down enemies futher away.

Poison- ball of acid that deal damage and lowers armor over time.

Electricity - spits a thunder that deals damage and disables enemies auras and purges buffs ( like the mutalist moa armor buff )

2. Elemental ward 

Boring aura Skill that is out competeded by Vex Armor ocuping the same niche. Will be scrped and reworked into a buff and mobility skill.

2. Elemental Wings

Chroma claps his wings sending foward a gust of elemental wind. If casted mid air Chorma will have increased aimglide time  and he will be able to perform 2 rolls and 2 bullet jumps instead of one until he reaches the ground.

Enemies hit by the wind gust receive a impact proc.

Allies hit the Elemental wind gust receive a buff based on the element. Chroma always hits himself with this skill.

Elemental effect 

Fire- Increased Health 

Ice- Increased Armour

Poison- Increased holtering rate , reload speed and melee combo counter chance.

Electric- parkour and recovery ( knock downs ank knock backs )

3. Vex Armor

Unchangeable.

4. Effigy

Weak sauce for its armor cost and energy cost.

Reduced energy cost , now moves around and cast Chroma's 1 and 2 whenever Chormas does so.

Edit: Casting it with a tap , the effigy fallows you. Casting it by holding gets a static effigy. 

What so you think of this rework ? 

I'm aware it is a bit on the overpowered side because it would buff Chroma but if the numbers are conservative enough it would not break the game.

Edited by keikogi

It's hard to compete with the ability to cycle elements which a lot of people have been asking for. That said, your rework is way more interactive and interesting than his current kit.

20 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Fire-narrow cone of purifying flames that heal allies and set enemies ablaze.

The only thing I'd change is the heal from his first using the fire element, maybe status immunity rather than health since his 3rd already provides healing.

I'm sure a lot of people would be content keeping Effigy with minor changes but I'd personally rather have it scrapped for something new. That's more of a me problem though and the fixes you recommended sound like an excellent way of keeping the ability while making it actually useful.

10 hours ago, Be_Stupid said:

hard to compete with the ability to cycle elements which a lot of people have been asking for. That said, your rework is way more interactive and interesting than his current kit.

I don't even know why that line is so popular , I know it sounds nice but with you give this power to current chroma it would not chenge anything. They would just go with the element that gives the highest EHP or ocasinally use fast reload when feeling extra fancy. If thr Elemental change happens on kit where the elemnts are powerfull chroma would be to versatile. Also the whole Elemental stick probably was created because DE could not settle if they where creating a red , blue , black , green or colour of your choosing dragon. So they just made a frame theat could represent 4 colors at the same time. But kept then as " separate " frames.

The only thing I'd change is the heal from his first using the fire element, maybe status immunity rather than health since his 3rd already provides healing.

An HP increase can is only usefull as heal once until the duration runs out. So the healing is not to redundant. Status immunity is nice and I could go with it but I kept the heal because it is more cohesive from a thematic stand point. To be fair I should not have used the term purifing this is more of paladin or priest flame intead more of breathing life style of effect. 

I'm sure a lot of people would be content keeping Effigy with minor changes but I'd personally rather have it scrapped for something new. That's more of a me problem though and the fixes you recommended sound like an excellent way of keeping the ability while making it actually useful.

I'm not a fan of effigy at all but I just know I can't nuke it from orbit. DE is so passionate about that skill that they've created 6 extra models so far just to suport that nonsens ( 3 naked chroma and 3 diferents pelts ). As much as I don't like I know it is not going away.