Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Holographic Lotus

(PSN)TrueDeMoN100

Shes the enemy now she should not be giving us our objectives anymore. Have someone else take over the dialogue like Ordis for example or maybe not because hes coo coo. Tenshin could be a nice replacement or your operator himself. It could be like this for that point and then when you unlock the Railjack have Cephalon CY take over for the mission dialogues.  

Afterwards make a setting in sound called mission dialogues and give us the option to choose who we want to hear (locking the npcs voices behind the quests retrospectively) but after all is completed allow us to choose so people may decide if they want to keep the lotus or not as their missions dialogue voice.

Maybe add in some joking voices for humorous comedy example the cephalon from the index arena, captain vor, the sergeant, or my favorite bad guy Vay Hek.

Have a moment to imagine Vay Hek giving you your mission objective dialogue for an exterminate......  TENNO KILL KILL KILLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

When you support grineer or corpus during invasions it would be nice if someone from their factions gave you your mission dialogues.

She's probably not going to stay the enemy. I know there's plenty of people who have decided to hate on space mom but the odds are pretty likely she's going to be redeemed in the end. Sorry, but that's just how story telling goes.

All appearances show her confused and disoriented. She doesn't seem to know whats happening to her any better than anyone else does. DE isn't exactly great at story telling but worst case scenario she's going to end up sacrificing her self, or she might end up coming back to us. If DE were to actually make us kill Natah, it would make me doubt their competence as well as the intellect of their writers. 

Mostly because for every one person out there who's like "yah! take that! get what you deserve!" there's going to be another player who's just going to say "Welp. I'm done. *uninstalls*" and making the second person happy is a lot more important than making the first person happy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

She's probably not going to stay the enemy. I know there's plenty of people who have decided to hate on space mom but the odds are pretty likely she's going to be redeemed in the end. Sorry, but that's just how story telling goes.

All appearances show her confused and disoriented. She doesn't seem to know whats happening to her any better than anyone else does. DE isn't exactly great at story telling but worst case scenario she's going to end up sacrificing her self, or she might end up coming back to us. If DE were to actually make us kill Natah, it would make me doubt their competence as well as the intellect of their writers. 

Mostly because for every one person out there who's like "yah! take that! get what you deserve!" there's going to be another player who's just going to say "Welp. I'm done. *uninstalls*" and making the second person happy is a lot more important than making the first person happy. 

If thats how it ends up going, I won't drop the game, but I will be a bit disappointed. What would have been the point in reawakening the tenno if she was just going to go back to the sentients at some point anyway? Idk maybe I skipped a few details, if I did someone will correct me.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

If thats how it ends up going, I won't drop the game, but I will be a bit disappointed. What would have been the point in reawakening the tenno if she was just going to go back to the sentients at some point anyway? Idk maybe I skipped a few details, if I did someone will correct me.

That is the question. Why would she? She'd have been over all better off dealing with the grineer queens than freaking warframes. It's sorta like she.... didn't..ever..intend... to go back to the sentients. 

She met this guy before. And told him to blow. Why is she different now? That is going to have to be answered no matter what the answer is. Maybe he's using some kind of orokin or sentient technology to confuse her... They did indicate this is largely going to be about Natah deciding where she belongs, and about family... ie who her family really is. 

So the answer to your question about why....well, you'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

If that's how it ends up going, I won't drop the game, but I will be a bit disappointed. What would have been the point in reawakening the tenno if she was just going to go back to the sentients at some point anyway? Idk maybe I skipped a few details, if I did someone will correct me.

well she must have had a good reason.:heart::lotus:

7 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Well, the monologue from the Roppy-la-Lolly fight does give us some insight there.

The reason she cared about the Tenno at all is because she was captured and essentially brainwashed by the Orokin, maybe even Ballas. So all she’s been doing is as she was programmed for. But the long-armed guy walked in, freed her from whatever made her ‘Lotus’ instead of Natah, and she’s gone looking for answers.

Something to consider is how DE might present this in the quest, and it may be that they point out that the Sentients weren’t actually the bad guys, the Orokin were, that the Tenno are basically innocents who actually helped the Sentients kill the Orokin in the end. If we can reconcile the Tenno and the Sentients, assuring them that we won’t become like the Orokin again, the maybe if Natah wants to take up her post as Lotus again... as a choice instead of as a prison, then let her. The Sentients will go back to Tau, we won’t bother them, and the only combat left is the remnants of Hunhow that need cleaning up.

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

It's a huge cost for a cosmetic that complicates future content releases. Holo-Lotus is just a VFX change and some audio filters over the already recorded Lotus lines. Compared to the suggestion, Holo-Lotus is essentially free.

This isn't your problem you don't work for DE I don't need you to explain from a business prospective what you think DE can and cannot do they can work out anything in the game the simple question is do you like the idea or not?

8 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I guess you have not seen a lot of shows or movies there are plenty of stories where there is betrayal and the story was well thought out. Just so you know if you haven't realized we the tenno made her betray her family the sentients. It's only after the second dream she begins to be confused and after the sacrifice she realizes who she really is a sentient. If the story ends up going in the direction that we kill her in the end I don't think at all that there is a competence problem with the writers it would actually make a good plot.

If you haven't played the Prequel (Dark Sector) I think you should go back and play or watch videos that show the whole story because Warframe has always had a dark errie story with someone betraying somebody and main characters dying in the end, The story is very ominous and mysterious which is great because either way the story goes it will be well put together.

I don't think that people will be uninstalling the game over how the story turns out cmon be realistic. People put all this time into the game progressing, spending money, grinding wasting their time you think after all that is done when they get to the end if they saw they were the one who had to kill her you really think people would be like wow f this all the time I spent years playing im going to throw it away because I killed the lotus? I think not the story will always continue on with or without the lotus and people will still be playing. I very highly doubt any competence person would uninstall the game over a story plot.

That being said I still wish that my original suggestion comes to fruition and we can have variety of people giving mission dialogues and have the master of comedy vay hek as one of them!

I agree we should change it, but I don't agree that she is now our mortal enemy.  

She only lost her memory.  In last quest she asks about the golden fleet (i.e. she is living in past).  Her memory was wiped and she doesn't remember us, but she will.  She will save us, likely in a sacrificial manner in a future update after she comes to senses.  She will die, we will live, her memory honored, blah blah blah. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)TrueDeMoN100 said:

This isn't your problem you don't work for DE

It's my problem when this is the googolth time I've seen this suggestion presented as if it were brand new and nobody had brought it up before.

Unless you've come up with a novel way to monetize it, it remains an April Fools joke that's been beaten to dust.

The easiest way to replace the holo lotus is by replacing her with any cephalon of our choosing. The voice lines are already there, they don't need to be re recorded only distorted a bit. And done.

It already It's exists too.  It's esentially a square box in the corner with the distorted voice lines of the lotus and then adding sumaris, cy, Ordis, suda, conclave cephalon, or whatever cephalon you choose agitating in and out in the corner of your screen.

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

It's my problem when this is the googolth time I've seen this suggestion presented as if it were brand new and nobody had brought it up before.

Unless you've come up with a novel way to monetize it, it remains an April Fools joke that's been beaten to dust.

It's not up to any of us to figure out how to monetize it. Were not getting paid we dont work for DE I really think your viewing things the wrong way. Were consumers the ideas we present are the suggestions made it's up to them to decide on the business scale if they can afford to do it and how long it would take. We dont need to figure it out for them. 

So what their is similar suggestions to it and you've seen so many threads about it that just proves the idea has value behind it and should be implemented into the game.

You should really stop trying to defend DE like your an employee and just stick to answering suggestions with detail from a valid prospective of the idea itself and nothing further. You dont need to think how can de make money off of this how much time would it cost them just play the game dude.

19 hours ago, (PS4)TrueDeMoN100 said:

like Ordis for example

This is why I'm not so excited about killing Lotus. Ordis is the most likely candidate to replace her. I'd gladly pay thousands of plat just to uninstall this abomination from my Orbiter.

I remember Steve (at TennoCon (stars at 30:39)1) saying that the New War is about family and that we will help Natah choose between the Sentients (the family she was born with) and us, the Tenno (the family she raised). I'm pretty sure you don't get someone to choose by stabbing a weapon to them and ending their life like that. Also, the only way I can see this going about (in terms of killing Natah) is if they ended up re-creating the ending of Scary Movie 3 (I'm basically saying it'd be way too silly of a way to get to that point).

This also isn't the first time he's hinted that the Lotus will return (or at least, it won't be as simple as "let's just get rid of the Lotus!"): he's stated that, it's not that the Lotus doesn't love the Tenno anymore, but more like our relationship become more complicated with the introduction of Ballas. In fact, he said it in this interview right here (starts at 3:33)2.

And I doubt that this has changed, or else they would have told us like how they told us about the various "The War Within" script rewrites that they did3.

So no: I don't think the Lotus will be gone for good (though, I will say that they might do something like what happened in Akame ga Kill (the manga, not the anime)):

Spoiler

When Akame killed the dragon that Tatsumi became, she sensed two souls (the stronger, dragon soul and the weaker Tatsumi soul). So she was able to kill off the stronger soul and left the Tatsumi to live on, but at the cost of having to live with his dragon self instead of human flesh for the rest of his life (or, at least, the manga seems to interpret it in that way).

In the case of the New War, maybe we kill "Natah," but the Lotus' helmet is the programmed state of the Lotus, which would allow her to live on, but with the great cost of absolutely needing that helmet on in order to continue to live.

So for all those reasons and a few more, the likelihood that DE will go the route of "killing off the Lotus" is pretty unlikely to me.

(Also, there was a video from a Warframe partner that interviewed Steve and said that the "purple Lotus" thing will be resolved in the New War, so you will get your wish, just (once again, based off of everything I've said) not in the way you want it to happen).

11 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

The Sentients will go back to Tau, we won’t bother them, and the only combat left is the remnants of Hunhow that need cleaning up.

I can agree with your points, but I have a different view for the last point that you mentioned; I still think that they will be an enemy, but will be led by Erra (or the currently unnamed Sentient Mother, if that's still a thing). He seems to be a lot more unreasonable compared to Natah (which, again, based on what Steve said at TennoCon and the Ars Technica interview, tells me that the likelihood of killing her off isn't all that likely) and having us convince Natah to come back to our side would trigger him and the rest of the Sentients. I mean, already he's (even now) still clearly upset at Natah (he doesn't seem too happy that she's still a little disoriented) and this can push him over the edge and vow to kill us (and the what-would-then-be Natah). This also would fill in the hole of how the various Sentients are still here fighting against us in the Origin System even after the New War (because I doubt the Sentients will just go up and leave by this point).

On 2020-01-23 at 8:43 AM, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

For one thing - no, that's not "how stories go." Some stories go this way, but that doesn't necessarily mean all of them will.

Secondly - even if the Lotus is redeemed, that doesn't mean she will or should resume being our Handler. If you want to talk about storytelling, then the Lotus' theme of "motherhood" to the Tenno "children" has already concluded. We've already lost our mother and been forced to grow up before we were ready. We've lost the support of our handlers, we no longer have an independent third party choosing tasks for us. The Duviri Paradox seems to suggest that our Operators themselves might age, mentally if not necessarily physically. There's no harm in the Lotus returning to our side, but I don't think she has a narrative purpose as "mother" any more. It would run counter to the game's theme of loss and maturity.

Finally - I personally prefer to have Ordis as my handler. As I said, the Lotus used to be an independent third party. I had no control over her, but she had extensive control over me. At every point in the game, I was shackled to a higher authority. When the Lotus disappeared and Ordis took over mission control, this changed. Now my "handler" is a member of my own crew - my subordinate. Ordis isn't choosing for me or ordering me around. He's instructing me on mission parameters, yes, and potentially even deciding on what mission to take, but he does this implicitly on my orders. The same goes for Cy. Though he acts bossy, he's still MY Ship Cephalon, in command of MY ship.

Yes, re-recording the Lotus' lines is a tall order since that's a LOT of dialogue to go through. However, Disruption has shown that it's not impossible. Both Ordis and Little Duck do a good job of it, I feel. This doesn't have to happen all at the same time, either. Lines can be recorded for one mission type at a time. DE can even turn that into a storyline. Our Tenno, forced to grow up and accept that the Lotus is no longer there to protect us, instructs Ordis to take over mission control. Ordis - damage, alone and scared himself - isn't quite up to the task. He still commits to doing it, but admits that it will be difficult for technical and... Emotional reasons. It'll take time, but he will tackle it as he is able. As a first release, maybe start with giving him lines for JUST Exterminate missions - the most basic Warframe mission type. In time, he can get voice lines for the rest.

In fact, this gives players a decent sense of story progression, as well. New players would start out following the Lotus' instructions, then for a moment feel abandoned during the Natah quest where Teshin takes over as mission control. False alarm, though - the Lotus comes back! Then at the start of the Sacrifice, the Lotus really IS gone and replaced with a hologram. Then, up until somewhere in the New War where we're finally faced with the Lotus and have to accept that things will never be back to how they were, then players start transitioning to Ordis. In fact, you can even be fancy with it. You can have Ordis slowly take over as Handler for mission types only after the player has played, say, 10 missions of a given type after that point, or perhaps the game can start replacing the Lotus' lines with Ordis' lines as he cuts in.

I personally feel that DE need to bite the bullet and transition us fully to members of our own crew serving as our handlers. Sooner or later, we need to start taking care of ourselves.

• Like 1