Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NSW Bug Collection (as of 27.0.5)

(NSW)JayronAuron

Hey, it's been a while since I posted this kind of list, so I figured it was time for another one. Not sure how many of these are known or not, but we'll go through the list I guess, starting with new stuff. As I have before, I'll try to provide as much info as I can since I know every bit helps, and if anyone else has had these bugs and can provide info I'm not able to, please do. Feel free to add your own bugs too.

Railjack bugs

• New: Carcinnox does not have a consistent icon throughout all its variants in dojo research. My guess is that the icon for base weapon in the research is the intended look due to its description and being unique, while MK I through MK III are accidentally using the Photor icon by accident. This is supported by the fact that (most) salvage variants match the base icon and not the dojo MK I-III icons.
  • New: Secret room breakable walls in the sentient anomaly tileset do not always break. I ran into three of them and could not break through any of them with an amp, void blast, or Paracesis. I have heard people have gotten through them, but I have yet to. This was playing solo, if that info helps nail down the issue any.
  • Railjack is frequently not visible in the dry dock. The map indicates that there is supposed to be a panel in the center of the dock for summoning the Railjack; this panel currently does not function as such.
    • The workaround for this is complicated and long, and it highlights the desperate need for some redundancy features on the orbiter to check Railjack avionics, weapons, and most importantly, VIEW INTRINSICS. The workaround is to enter the Railjack from the orbiter, fly it to the dry dock, and then you can make any modifications that you need. All the loading screens make this a laborious process.
    • Additionally, if your Railjack isn't visible when trying to get the key for the reliquary drive, you're generally out of luck until it just randomly decides to spawn. This was miserable for me and a friend of mine.
  • If you as host invite a player into your Railjack via inviting them to your orbiter (which I have often done to shortcut the above bug), that player will often be unable to activate their Archwing in mission upon stepping out of the Railjack into space. It will display them running around in space, and often be very difficult to get them back aboard.
    • Nothing fixes this that I know of other than the affected player leaving and reentering the mission.
  • Railjack doors may fail to open for non-host players upon entering the host's dry dock. This issue usually fixes when leaving the dry dock and/or heading to a mission.
  • The Railjack may be invisible to players in a mission when exiting it. The Railjack can still be entered (if you can find the door), but it was not fixable for the rest of the mission
    • I had just swapped to a newly purchased skin for the Railjack so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Mission was launched via beginning and inviting a player to the mission once in progress.
    • Both the friend I ran with and I restarted our games and had no further issues with this.
  • Swapping gear and exiting space can cause players to appear to be holding Archwing Weapons upon leaving space and entering a Railjack/Cruise Ship.
    • Sorry, I don't really understand any more about this bug. It's visual only, and usually can be removed by going into space and swapping weapons back and forth.
  • Occasionally when leaving a turret a player will inexplicably be snapped back onto the turret forcibly and have to press X a second time.
    • This one is just annoying, and pretty frequent. I don't know how exactly it happens though.
  • The entire Railjack system UI can completely vanish. I think it has something to do with activating the gear wheel or some other menu too quickly after the animation of retracting a foundry menu.
    • ENTIRE UI disappears except for the map, but only if the map is in the expanded mode. Health, Mission objectives, targeting reticles, ship/trajectory indicators, hazards, interaction prompts, boost/ammo meters, Warframe/Archwing abilities etc.
    • I'd like to state that I completed an entire mission flying blind like this. That was...interesting.
  • The tactical menu will shift the position of the ship map depending on where you are standing, often preventing you from teleporting to certain areas due to the markers clipping offscreen.
  • There seems to be some weird crashing issues that can occur as a result of a player disabling an extra cruise ship as the mission finishes. Grey screens and whatnot. Sometimes the game recovers from this...sometimes it doesn't and freezes.

Non-Railjack bugs

• Players can find themselves unable to manually reload their weapon if they are riding a K-Drive and ragdoll via hitting something.
    • Workaround - you have to get back on the K-Drive and get off before it will let you manually reload your weapon again.
  • Ever since the last update, graphics have been a mess on my end, with tons of pink boxes everywhere. The front window of my orbiter, random areas in space, the vallis...heck, even some of the icons in navigation's tabs will display as pink from time to time.
    • None of this is consistent either, as sometimes these things will display normally, sometimes it won't.
  • Orb Vallis and PoE each have multiple caves with these ugly black rectangles obscuring the entrance, as if the graphics for the cave entrance bugged out.
    • They don't have collision or anything, it's just a weird and obtrusive visual bug.
  • Glaives thrown with a secondary in hand can no longer be detonated via re-pressing the button when thrown with the Power Throw mod post-Old Blood.
    • This makes me sad, I really loved Glaive combat with secondary weapons.
  • The physics for the Yamakoto syandana (the one I noticed this on was Prime) seem to no longer be working quite right post-Empyrean update. They seem to be bending around invisible objects, but only the left strand.
    • I noticed this with the Yamakoto Prime syandana on a normal-skin Gara.
  • Post-Old Blood, players will fall through descending elevators in clan dojos and on Uranus sealab tilesets.
    • This has been a 100% consistent issue for me.
  • Downing from a Kuva Lich 3 times without a mercy kill attempt and having them flee will result in a blacked-out transmission that displays the wrong Kuva Lich name.
    • I only attempted this once, so I can't say if it is 100% consistent.
  • Sticky buttons still persist with spoiler mode...any button being held could potentially when swapping in and out of spoiler mode can cause that button to potentially be held down, be it aiming, crouching, or the ability button.
    • So much energy has been needlessly expended over this bug.
  • Baro Ki'teer fails to acknowledge the existence of a prime sentinel. If it is in your loadout and the only primed non-accessory item you have (since prime accessories don't count either), he will continue to poor shame your character.
    • This was tested with Dethcube Prime.

Gara bugs (because I love this frame and therefore am way too used to these issues)

• Mass Vitrify (4th ability) is NOT guaranteed to refresh the duration of Splinter Storm (2nd ability) even though it is supposed to. Lag makes this A LOT worse, but it can still occur in solo missions with smooth connection.
    • My single biggest pet peeve bug. Sometimes doing the hold variant of Mass Vitrify will EVENTUALLY count towards Splinter Storm's duration refresh when in lag, but you don't always have the time for that.
    • If the game had some way to restore splinter storms retroactively that it failed to initially realize were refreshed, that would be amazing.
  • Mass Vitrify will not always successfully cast, even though it will still take your money energy for the attempt. Again, lag makes this more likely, but it can still occur without lag on occasion.
    • When combined with the above bug, it basically means I leave laggy host groups these days when playing her. Oh well.
  • Splinter Storm's remaining duration is not always accurately displayed, and the ability will occasionally expire before it appears to run out.
    • The record for me is it expiring at the 8 second mark. Expiring around 3 to 4 seconds is common too though.
    • I'm not sure if lag makes this worse or not.
  • Gara can cause Corrupted Vor to become unkillable if her crowd control abilities hit him before he becomes vulnerable.
    • As far as I can tell this was caused by Mass Vitrify, but it may have also been caused by her passive.
  • Casting Shattered Lash (1st ability) and rolling immediately after will cause its sound to replay for each roll you do consecutively following the ability's use.
    • Audio bug only
  • The glass components on Gara are lower order background/foreground elements on the orbiter than the floating menus are, meaning that Gara's glass armor components will disappear behind the floating Market/Navigation/Conclave/Syndicate/etc. menus on the orbiter no matter how far away from them she is.
    • Yes, I discovered this while bored, and I'm marking it a bug. To my credit, it is the last bug on the list.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this. I may update this list over the next day or two if I can remember anything else I've encountered. Yes, some of these are obviously higher priority than others (although the Gara ones and spoiler mode sticky buttons are high priority to me, it may not be to the devs sadly). Let me know if any more info should be provided!

-NSW, Jayron Auron

Edited by (NSW)JayronAuron
New railjack bug for the list
  • Like 1

I know you already listed some of these, but this is what I experinced so far

• Client can get stuck on Slinghshot
  • Sometimes, when leaving the ship by Slighshot, can make you use regular weapons on Archwing
  • Sometimes, if you stay on enemy Crewship until it explodes, break some textures and/or make you use regular weapons on Archwing
  • All the enemies spawning on the pilot room in enemy crewship
    • Enemy spawn overall has been REALLY buggy on NSW since release, specially on PoE and OV, sometimes making them not spawn at all or spawning outise the map/ outside mission range. Enemy spawns is already a 1 year problem, do not let these pile up, please.
  • Operator not being able to void dash or go invisible (happens for me when I was  either client or host)
  • Abilities such as Hydroid's 4, Vauban 4, Ivara Sleep (the arrow) and other CC going under your own ship when you cast.
  • Fire doesn't start inside of the enemy Crewship when reactor explodes (happened to me when I was cliet)
  • At the end of a mission when you return to Dojo, as a client, your rewards don't go into your inventory until you leave the squad and go back to you liset.
  • Railjack name and Glyph doesn't stay on the ship
  • Numerous animations broken when you are client
  • Keyboard dictionary doesn't add a space if you select next word
  • If you equip a Sword and Shield, your running animation becomes Wisp's running animation while you use them
  • Some times, if you joing a squad after you get into the Dojo, the host ship doesn't replace yours, and when the mission starts, you get a host migration like loading.
  • Map will not update most of the times if oyu are a client inside the ship
  • If you are the client, drops can stay inside the Railjack when you go back to Dojo,and if you pick them, you are able to use guns and meele inside the Dojo
  • Sometimes you can see your teammates from the Railjack inside the Dojo, sometimes you can't
  • Any phisics on helmets (Ivara Prime Helmet for example) can froze while before Railjack loading scree allow you to use guns
  • A clone of you can show up in the loading
  • If you choose to change mods on anything in the Railjack Arsenal, you get warped into the Dojo's Arsenal, then warped back to Railjack when you go back to the main arsenal menu
  • Numerous softlocks can happen while you load or join a mission (one of them happened on last Nintendo Stream)
  • Railjack doors sometimes doens't open (client) and/or have areally tight way fot you to pass go throug
  • Like 1

I don't think I see Alad V anywhere on here. I've play his Assassination mission on Jupiter in solo mode several times recently, and Alad has always been either in an A pose or just standing immobile, with the Zanuka accompanying him either in a default standing pose or curled up into a ball on the ground. the mission can be played to completion with full rewards quite easily, but the boss fight might as well not exist since you can just walk up to him and whack him to death with no resistance.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Santskid said:

I don't think I see Alad V anywhere on here. I've play his Assassination mission on Jupiter in solo mode several times recently, and Alad has always been either in an A pose or just standing immobile, with the Zanuka accompanying him either in a default standing pose or curled up into a ball on the ground. the mission can be played to completion with full rewards quite easily, but the boss fight might as well not exist since you can just walk up to him and whack him to death with no resistance.

True, I admittedly had forgotten about this. I first encountered that bug after the Jovian Concord released, so it's definitely been a longstanding problem.

On 2020-01-23 at 8:09 AM, (NSW)Kokojo said:

Keyboard dictionary doesn't add a space if you select next word

This would make using it much easier.  If the selected word doesn't have a space in front of it, then put one, unless its the beginning of the message.

Edited by (NSW)Kadet

On 2020-01-23 at 12:19 AM, (NSW)JayronAuron said:
  • Splinter Storm's remaining duration is not always accurately displayed, and the ability will occasionally expire before it appears to run out.
    • The record for me is it expiring at the 8 second mark. Expiring around 3 to 4 seconds is common too though.
    • I'm not sure if lag makes this worse or not.

This happens on other timers as well, notably the Index timer. If you don't score the final points with at least 10 seconds left, there's an increasing chance the match will just end, even though your screen will show you have several seconds left.