Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Spector Changes

Power_Is_Everything

The Spectors in Warframe can use changes, meaning it is optional but would give them more of a use other than target to get hit.

1. Allow Spectors to be customized in their own arsenal or arsenal menu.

2. Allow Spectors to have their own energy reserve, so the player can choose how the spector acts (Ability, no- Ability, Both) so they cannot spam their abilities.

3. Give Spectors the same properties of the weapons and mods equipped, in other words "Napalm Nightwatch" should work with spectors that are supposed to copy the player in the first place.

Even if you do not do the whole arsenal etc. at the very least have the specter actually copy the mods as well from the player's current load out. That one thing would so much possibility to your game.

Absolutely no. Due to the nature of how specters health and armor scales with their level; and their level are set to enemies level, plus ten levels, at moment of spawn; they can become a massive tank decoy for the players. This also holds true with the weapons damage, the higher the specters level the more damage it can do. Add in an Ancient Specter healer and you get this:

Edited by NekroArts

1 hour ago, Power_Is_Everything said:

2. Allow Spectors to have their own energy reserve, so the player can choose how the spector acts (Ability, no- Ability, Both) so they cannot spam their abilities.

This reminds me of a system that was in X-Men Legends on the Gamecube, if I'm remembering correctly. You were able to set the parameters for your team of bots to determine which types of attacks they'd prioritize, and how careful they were to exhaust their energy. Something like Aggressive/Defensive/etc.

Combining that with modding them would create new meta ruts and totally undermine difficulty. You could always have the perfect team mate aim bot, with perfect skills, perfect mods.. you just hide behind them and heal them while you sip tea. While that level of control may be the objective, it also discourages players play the game themselves, and instead hire mindless drones to do it for them.

1 & 2 sound fine. 3 has it's appeal, but would be deleterious.

Edited by kapn655321

2 hours ago, NekroArts said:

Absolutely no. Due to the nature of how specters health and armor scales with their level; and their level are set to enemies level, plus ten levels, at moment of spawn; they can become a massive tank decoy for the players. This also holds true with the weapons damage, the higher the specters level the more damage it can do. Add in an Ancient Specter healer and you get this:

Then make their stats no longer scale by enemy level to compensate this change. Higher specter quality only gives medium stat boost.

3 hours ago, NekroArts said:

Absolutely no. Due to the nature of how specters health and armor scales with their level; and their level are set to enemies level, plus ten levels, at moment of spawn; they can become a massive tank decoy for the players. This also holds true with the weapons damage, the higher the specters level the more damage it can do. Add in an Ancient Specter healer and you get this: (I cut out the video)

The wiki told me that spectors only scale from the starting level of the mission and the game tells me even less, in addition to that my spectors do not scale as the levels of the enemy rise, Also you simply have a list of warframes be the spector and achieve the same result. Keep in mind, my version of the game is weird, even when I uninstall and reinstall nothing much changes except a higher frame rate to see some things, even when I reset my computer.

They actually tweaked specters last year iirc and they are like 10x better compared to old specters. Not to mention some frame/primary combinations on them are lets say "very good".

I like the idea of having them our fashion tho, that would be super cool. 👍

5 hours ago, Power_Is_Everything said:

The wiki told me that spectors only scale from the starting level of the mission and the game tells me even less, in addition to that my spectors do not scale as the levels of the enemy rise, Also you simply have a list of warframes be the spector and achieve the same result. Keep in mind, my version of the game is weird, even when I uninstall and reinstall nothing much changes except a higher frame rate to see some things, even when I reset my computer.

The specters don't scale naturally when left a lone; when spawning specters, their levels scales equal to the enemies level at that moment, plus ten. If I spawned a specter at the very beginning of Mot they'll stay at level 40. If I want a higher level specter I have to last longer in the survival mission, spawn the specter again with higher-leveled enemies, and the new specter's level will become higher.

Looking carefully at the video at around 1:00, you'll see that the Wisp Specter has a level of 384. At 1:02, the player goes into Operator form and redeploys the Wisp Specter; keep watching to 1:23 then slow down the video to 0.25 playback speed, somewhere at 1:25 you'll see that the new Wisp Specter has a level of 418.

29 minutes ago, AriesGreyscale said:

Is this *all* specters, or only the Cosmic?

Because that's a smidgeon OP if it appies to the lowly Vapor Specter.
And Clem.

All as in those that are deployed from the gear wheel. I don't know if there's a scaling thing to those spawned from Warframes abilities like Equinox's Duality and Wukong's Celestial Twin.

Edited by NekroArts