Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forgotten Resources

(PSN)LoneWolf_001

What can be done or should be done with the old "new resources"?

Ticker in Fortuna can only offer so much but it was a good idea for allowing older players with a means to offload a mountain of resources. Quite frankly, I'd like to see more of this, with bonuses to things like Tellerium or Nitan Extract.

How would you like to deal with those old useless mountains of resources?

I've had an idea floating about, of a bidding system. You use old resources to buy a universal ticket, these tickets can be used to buy conditional challenges that are equipped to your gear wheel like dragon keys. This Challenge gear item rewards you with something unique for completeing the challenge and mission successfully or disappears if you fail. Moreover, they stack like void keys, opening up opportunities for rare items as you up the challenge. I also think you could apply them to a Sortie to narrow down the reward list. I know I'd run at least one full sortie just to remove affinity boosters from my table.

they could always give us Pyrus Project back for the other 2 relays, and make it require lots of the common stuff like Salvage and Alloy Plate. that would be a start and also another chance at the Zylok Pistol for anyone missing it.

for the long term, I have an idea of introducing a donation system via Steel Meridian. they are supposed to be the good guys, and I doubt that homes for Grineer defectors and rebuilding places destroyed by the Grineer and Corpus are going to assemble themselves, so we should donate resources to the syndicate. in exchange they can give Kuva, Endo, or large amounts of credits (talking Index amounts), but this would be provided you reach a certain donation milestone. then you would also have a reason to farm it again when you run low, but have nothing to use it on for yourself.

I'm eager for just about any Resource sink really...

• Like 1

Well thats great ideas.

Thou the problem is the dissparity between the hoards in some players inventories and new players small piles .. If you put rewards behind that system new players will feel the urge to get them as well.

I saw people farming alloy and i saw screenshots with hundreds of milions of them. We are talking 10-50k alloy compared to 300-500mln. Any system you want to introduce should work for both.. How? 

Whatever the amounts you put new players won't be happy and it won't really dent the hoards.

They screwed up in the beginning of the game making no inventory caps and no real resources dumps and now its too late imo..

They acknowledge this in new updates like railjack, new resources are what they can do without everyone crying (oh forgot everyone is crying about titan and asterite). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

We try to make sure vestigial resources/items can be sold for credits at least. If you have one collecting dust that cannot be sold, let me know, and I'll see what we can do. 

Not a resource but how about the captura scenes we're flooded with from Jupiter and SO/ESO? I would gladly dump those for 500 credits each or some ducats.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

We try to make sure vestigial resources/items can be sold for credits at least. If you have one collecting dust that cannot be sold, let me know, and I'll see what we can do. 

I know what that guy is thinking... to start more Hema torture with each resources, right? lmao

That DE guy: ok, 5 billion ally plates for this reward... or 500 gas city captura for that reward... wahahahaha

16 minutes ago, Jaclyn said:

How about a new Dojo room which is a forge, allowing old resources / abunance resources to be refined into newer more useful resources.

Alloy Plate & Ferrite = Titanium etc etc

That defeats the reason they're adding new resources in the first place, which is so everyone has to farm for them.

29 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Not a resource but how about the captura scenes we're flooded with from Jupiter and SO/ESO? I would gladly dump those for 500 credits each or some ducats.

I'm adding a sell prices for those. Thanks for letting me know. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Anduvriel said:

Well thats great ideas.

Thou the problem is the dissparity between the hoards in some players inventories and new players small piles .. If you put rewards behind that system new players will feel the urge to get them as well.

I saw people farming alloy and i saw screenshots with hundreds of milions of them. We are talking 10-50k alloy compared to 300-500mln. Any system you want to introduce should work for both.. How? 

Whatever the amounts you put new players won't be happy and it won't really dent the hoards.

They screwed up in the beginning of the game making no inventory caps and no real resources dumps and now its too late imo..

They acknowledge this in new updates like railjack, new resources are what they can do without everyone crying (oh forgot everyone is crying about titan and asterite). 

I don't think it's too late really. I do agree that whatever the reward for a trade in cannot be a gameplay altering thing (outside of maybe the tickets thing, challenges could be intentionally geared for some kind of endgame target). 

I like the idea of cosmetics. An idle anamation for a million or more alloy rewards veteran players and gives new players some fashion frame to look forward too. Exclusive or limited time dojo/orbiter decorations could force old players to spend those extras for sure. Given a bit of testing and innovation, you might be able to level the playing field (doubtful but maybe) on the resource economy, reducing the need for "new" resources.

I'm sometimes overly optimistic but I see your point.

Also, "Hi, [DE]Drew."

2 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Personally, I'd much rather see more uses for the old unused resources.

For example, every time you do an Orokin Vault, you and an Orokin Cipher. Those used to be used in only the Mirage Quest key, but that isn't a thing anymore. These don't do anything now (and I'm not sure if you can sell them). It would be great if they were used in crafting keys that let you into old derelicts that are in Railjack deep space, or maybe they let you into sealed rooms that are in the void (with some guaranteed cool caches of rewards, like Ducats).

Then there's resources like Nav Coordinates or Javlock Capacitors that only have small amounts of uses and still pile up.

• Like 1

I got some possible items:

-Hidden messages bp (I finished it before the Starchart 3.0 and then I got the bp. I cannot build it and it's stuck in my foundry)
-I wouldn't mind being able to sell some riven transmuters or Juggernaut drops.

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

I'm adding a sell prices for those. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you 😀 !

9 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

What can be done or should be done with the old "new resources"?

Ticker in Fortuna can only offer so much but it was a good idea for allowing older players with a means to offload a mountain of resources. Quite frankly, I'd like to see more of this, with bonuses to things like Tellerium or Nitan Extract.

How would you like to deal with those old useless mountains of resources?

I've had an idea floating about, of a bidding system. You use old resources to buy a universal ticket, these tickets can be used to buy conditional challenges that are equipped to your gear wheel like dragon keys. This Challenge gear item rewards you with something unique for completeing the challenge and mission successfully or disappears if you fail. Moreover, they stack like void keys, opening up opportunities for rare items as you up the challenge. I also think you could apply them to a Sortie to narrow down the reward list. I know I'd run at least one full sortie just to remove affinity boosters from my table.

The idea of loss I believe is crucial to be in a game. 

I've been thinking of several Dark Sector (Endgame content) Ideas which certainly help fix it's many problems, but also to incorporate more endgame content. This includes high resource sinks from all across Warframe. The need to mine and fish at Cetus and Fortuna, railjack resources, unique resources like telly, nitain, hex. Of course the common resources would be there along with credits to hopefully reduce the "mountain of resources" as you said it. I don't have any figures I can provide as something like this would require a knowledgeable person perhaps with an economics degree, but if you're interested I'd be happy to explain more.

In Albion Online, resources from all tiers are required to progress. The games been out for years but there's so little resources in the game. This is because upon death, your items have a small chance to break, and with many massive Guild vs Guild battles such as with zergs, the demand of the resources goes up due to the resource sink, instead of accumulating in your inventory forever, like in Warframe. You'd think that this loss is bad, but it stabilizes the games economy and only greatly effects the guilds on a large scale rather the individual player.

Edited by -BG-StormFighter117
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

I like the idea of cosmetics. An idle anamation for a million or more alloy rewards veteran players and gives new players some fashion frame to look forward too. Exclusive or limited time dojo/orbiter decorations could force old players to spend those extras for sure. Given a bit of testing and innovation, you might be able to level the playing field (doubtful but maybe) on the resource economy, reducing the need for "new" resources.

I'm sometimes overly optimistic but I see your point.

Cosmetics would fall excatly in the category "old timers and new players want them". 

I gave it some thinking and thought about a decent resource rewamp. It would have to follow this rules:

- new players can skip it and don't care

- old timers find it reasonable and worthy enough. 

- is a constant sink, not one time thing or solves the issue from the point its introduced. 

The thing that came to me is a "rush drone". People at least from my experience rarely spend plat on speeding stuff, but i might be wrong on that.

If we would get a cap on every resource we hold (i know unpopular opinion), the extent stock could be converted into rush drones for old timers in larger amounts, less for newer players (only cause they have less resources of course) as a one time resource rework mechanism.

After that any resource sink per your ideas and we might have a situation where every resource is somewhat useful and you need to maintain the caps. It would of course had to come with some rebalance of loot tables and resource farms. 

Rush drones would be used excatly as the name suggests to skip the waiting build times of stuff in the game. May be even a different cost for different stuff (forma uses twice+ as much for example). 

The problems with my idea are basically three. First is idk if rushing is a big enough part of plat sink and how much it would impact DE's revenue, secondly it needs a cap and we hate caps so many might not see this as a positive change, third it "fixes" a system that developer might not care about that much.

What i mean making a new resource requires a small amount of time, some art and a name, few scripts, thats probably an hour or two of some dev time.. This is far more costly... What you get in return might also not be such beneficial to players experience, maintaining those caps is another manintance thing (boring to many), every resource being somewhat similar to argon might not be welcomed.. by many. 

That's why i am not really optimistic.. 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Maybe let us have some consumable blueprints for some dumb fun such as breach charge like this?

Or maybe some other consumables like molotov or landmine using our alloy plates/ferrite/whatever resources? Just for some fun on deploying them

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

Maybe let us have some consumable blueprints for some dumb fun such as breach charge like this?

Or maybe some other consumables like molotov or landmine using our alloy plates/ferrite/whatever resources? Just for some fun on deploying them

I actually really like this idea. I've done these missions many times over and often wished for a shortcut of sorts. Breach Charges, Prime Ciphers (works in sorties), an improved vacuum augmentor gear item, or even the upcoming Umbral Echos...something to help hunt Rare/Hardened cashes. 

Are there any other areas that could be perceived as a harmless shortcut?