The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Warframe community is not toxic" they said...

Olematon.Mies

"Warframe community is friendly" they said. And yet I get harassed on a regular basis for being mr28 and using things that people don't consider to be meta, such as a buffer Saryn instead of the typical spore spam.

Well excuse me Tim for having found something more enjoyable to play than what is the current meta. You would be correct in saying that it is not as effective as the meta, but fek you Tim I like it. You don't see me judging low mr players for not dishing out the most damage and kills, what gives you the right to judge me?

/vent

• Like 11

I also prefer to run a toxic lash buffing saryn using augs for first 3 abilities.   It's a really powerful build for most missions that still normally does most damage but also allows other players in the squad to feel like they're contributing. 

I think it takes a lot of players by surprise though as they're used to a spore/miasma set up wiping large areas.

• Like 1

The Warframe (PS4) community is the most toxic I've ever encountered - both in-game and on here

Just look at the console update threads, it's ridiculous

I had a friend who was harassed because he used a gun on Akkad, despite every Akkad I've ever run had multiple gun users

I also gave a Quake Banshee some friendly advice about using the augment, as otherwise it's honestly not squad friendly - a third person came out of nowhere and told me to stop moaning, even it was literally friendly advice in case the person wasn't aware 

Edited by (PS4)DeZaruu
  • Like 2

"There's a limit on intelligence, but there's no limit on stupidity" - Some random quote I found on the internet

No need to put your mind to it, people are just stupid sometimes and that's what you will find from meta slaves most of the time

• Like 12

The perks of playing console:

Very few players have keyboard or mic, so majority of players won't ever bother to criticize you, because it takes too long to type with a joystick. lol

I also enjoy buffer Saryn mostly for the speed buff from her 2.

Managing spore spread is something that deeply annoys me.

Let them be, dear Tenno, for they don't know better than to go into public squads and get the impression there was a vote to make them squad captains. When in fact if there was a vote it'd likely be to kick such tenno who apparently can't do "the task" themselves (lack of skill, meta gear, etc.) but expect others to do so.

Kindly turn the other cheek and proceed to have fun.

sorry for being so fabulous GIF

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, LewdInspector said:

"Warframe community is friendly" they said. And yet I get harassed on a regular basis for being mr28 and using things that people don't consider to be meta, such as a buffer Saryn instead of the typical spore spam.

Well excuse me Tim for having found something more enjoyable to play than what is the current meta. You would be correct in saying that it is not as effective as the meta, but fek you Tim I like it. You don't see me judging low mr players for not dishing out the most damage and kills, what gives you the right to judge me?

/vent

Warframe community is toxic. If you want proof - just suggest adding auction house or removing self damage. You'l get full warehouse of toxic barrels in few seconds.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Nikikin said:

Warframe community is toxic. If you want proof - just suggest adding auction house or removing self damage. You'l get full warehouse of toxic barrels in few seconds.

An Auction House is a bad idea, as is removing self damage. If you'd like me to expand upon and qualify my statements, I can.

There you go - no toxicity, just a differing opinion...

The work is done. And its more fun. I mean they would have a right to complain if you were struggling to perform but thats no the case. So then why?

And even if you were struggling...its a videogame. No life or death, no even a real life problem. Why are they so upset?

Warframe is easy. You would have to do it very bad to screw a mission. You havent to follow the meta to the core

Just now, WH1735S0W said:

Also why would anyone harass you for being MR28? That is actually pretty high.

Usually argument goes like this: "You should know how things work if you have such huge rank. Why do you not using only meta build and having fun instead? " I get this a lot in onslaught when i go there with my inaros.

1 minute ago, WH1735S0W said:

It has sadly gotten worse over the years, not sure why.

As another mr28 player its actually common people try to one up your opinion especially in clan chat or something the like. Further enforces their opinion that mr means nothing. I've left plenty of clans with too many players like that, 

In 2014-16 a lot of Destiny players moved to Warframe...

Take into account console frame was added around this time...

All these cultures merging together brought some bad parts with it.

2013-2014 Warframe was a peaceful time.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I would like to ask you OP, what region you're playing on?

I tend to bounce between EU and NA for different reasons - EU for that sweet low ping, NA for people who actually speak english.

2 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

It has sadly gotten worse over the years, not sure why.

They don't harass me specifically for being MR28, they use my high MR as a conduit for their harassment - along the lines of "Wow, ur mr28 and u still suck"

vor 31 Minuten schrieb LewdInspector:

/vent

i hope you are trolling. this happens like 1 in 100 games to me. and only on europe servers. people hate each other here. i live in germany and know that!

i like north america. very good teamplay and they even wait in elevator for me!

7 minutes ago, LewdInspector said:

"Wow, ur mr28 and u still suck"

9 minutes ago, Nikikin said:

"You should know how things work if you have such huge rank. Why do you not using only meta build and having fun instead? "

If anything, as a MR28 myself, I use the meta frequently to get things done. Specially in events and grindy things. But when just playing casually stuff like sorties, arbitrations or fissures I couldn't care less about meta. I'll just pick up one of my less meta weapons that are fun and still fit for the starchart, and go with it. I've been mocked as a high MR player for using Paris Prime lmao. And Paris Prime is still my favorite bow, the same way bows are my favorite "fun" element weapons despite being considered non-meta or even plain weak by many.

Point is - If anything a high MR/veteran player often knows so much about the game and is so used to it that the meta becomes a boring hassle. At least in my humble opinion, seeing also that veteran players usually have pretty much everything (have we complained about drought today?) and can just take things easy and play for pure fun instead of mainly rewards and progress.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

6 minutes ago, LewdInspector said:

I tend to bounce between EU and NA for different reasons - EU for that sweet low ping, NA for people who actually speak english.

They don't harass me specifically for being MR28, they use my high MR as a conduit for their harassment - along the lines of "Wow, ur mr28 and u still suck"

Oh there are always the meta whores who think anything not the current meta are garbage and thus they are superior for using it.

Me I just smile and do my own thing, specially when I make them look bad with something like the Plasma Sword 

• Like 2

They can all bite your dust, is what I say. Honestly, I've rarely encountered such jerks, but whenever I do, my best advice to you is the following: Your build is strong, right? You not only have fun with it but you found a way to make it efficient enough. You're confident you can carry the mission, but you still went public because playing strictly solo gets boring quickly. Then just rush the mission and be there at the extraction point first than everyone else playing the shawzin or dancing just to piss those who threw rocks at you for not using a "meta build".

Honestly, I use whatever the hell I want to use in a mission, and ain't no player stopping me from doing such a thing. But I always make sure of something: That I am strong enough with my current build to solo the mission. if I'm not strong enough, then they might have a tiny point in saying how I was "useless" since I had to rely on my teammates, but even then, that does not justify trash talking me. Just ignore and report them. Always try to have your build (doesn't have to be meta at all) strong enough to carry any mission. Meta, not meta, full mk1 gear with formas and strong enough to take on sortie content, whatever kind of gear you want to take. Every gear is meta if you put some proper thinking into it when modding it.

• Like 2

My experience has been that when someone complains that a community generally believed to be friendly is toxic, more often then not, that person is themselves behaving in a hostile way towards others, usually without realizing it.  Their hostile behavior sets off a reaction in others, and they mistake that reaction for simple hostility.  Which makes them react with hostility, causing other players to do the same....lather, rinse, repeat.  No matter how inconsequential the original incident was, the loop of righteous indignation eventually turns it into a major fight.  Happens all the time,

Edited by Phatose
  • Like 2

As a fellow Saryn enthusiast, dont let anyone tell you that buffer saryn is not valid. Saryn can be played a ton of ways (with different levels of efficiency and jank), so restricting yourself to the most efficient for public groups is just a bad idea. If pub players wanted spore saryn they could have just played her themselves. Tell them that and then swiftly block them.

• Like 1