Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Warframe community is not toxic" they said...

Olematon.Mies

Idc what nobody says this community is toxic. When the Ash revisit (nerf) came out I logically pointed out that he had problems with bs and the revisit did very little in a positive way, I got cussed the heck out coz of fanboys/girls were saying that my solutions were crap, there was no probs with him and keep on saying the dumb lines "he`s in a good place" and "don`t touch my ash", (like I can bloody do something) if you like the way he is that's on thing but to say that he is perfect and he has no probs despite me listing them is damn right insane. On top of that every time I put up a post about it, it will either be completely removed or it will merge with other posts iv`e done burying it. Now ppl are starting to wake the flip up (especially when ember`s rework came out) now ppl are saying his bs is a prob when I've been saying it since 2016.

FACT:

At the time ash was ranked the number 1 favourited warframe by votes on Mogamu`s channel in 2016. Now he is one of the least used warframe stated by DE themselves on life of rio`s video in 2018.

Proof:

Mogamu`s vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adLohAFoWQc

Life of rio`s vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJRx6oTxF1Y

Here is a post of my solution to Ash.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

Here you go, try this:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tSort=0&tType=0&tg=&d=3&lang=en

Seriously, 10 minutes there and the 'toxicity' on here feels like a massage with warm, scented oils...

As for your original example, some people just have issues with things that aren't 'meta' and that's prevalent across ALL multiplayer games, not just this one. Usually you'll find that they're actually looking to be carried themselves and they get upset because you won't do it for them...

And I'm genuinely serious about looking at Destiny 2's playerbase - the LFG is riddled with people who won't accept you into groups unless you're running specific builds, the PvP community is fragmented into people who love SBMM because it provides a level playing field, and people who hate it because they can no longer walk over players with low skill and a good internet connection. The closest thing I can compare it to is a fish tank full of piranha with somebody throwing raw hamburger into it.

It's not only toxic, it's infectiously so, and you just find yourself getting swept along by it.

Then come back here, and the next time it happens, take a deep breath and just remind yourself:

'It's their problem, not mine'...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nikikin said:

Usually argument goes like this: "You should know how things work if you have such huge rank. Why do you not using only meta build and having fun instead? " I get this a lot in onslaught when i go there with my inaros.

I dislike people who do that, more so if they force meta builds. You should be able to play whatever you like with any build regardless of MR.

35 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

As another mr28 player its actually common people try to one up your opinion especially in clan chat or something the like. Further enforces their opinion that mr means nothing. I've left plenty of clans with too many players like that, 

Agree, sorry about your clan mates though. They where probably huffing too much glue. 

33 minutes ago, LewdInspector said:

They don't harass me specifically for being MR28, they use my high MR as a conduit for their harassment - along the lines of "Wow, ur mr28 and u still suck"

That is disgusting, using someone's own MR as a weapon. If anything they should be asking you for advice.

34 minutes ago, Midas said:

In 2014-16 a lot of Destiny players moved to Warframe...

Yet in 2020 Warframe players are moving to Destiny. How times have changed.

Edited by WH1735S0W

I've noticed a funny trend.  Most of the time when I read about toxicity (90%+)- and even other fun aspects of gaming such a leeching/afk its coming from one aspect of the playerbase, the PC players.  This comment might be misconstrued as attacked PC Players but it's not my intention - just a basic observation after being here years.  It seems certain problems are more prevalent on certain platforms.  Judging how PC players tend to spit and hiss at console players though, it actually doesn't surprise me that this kind of behavior *might* be more prevalent on that side of the fence. 

37 minutes ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

An Auction House is a bad idea, as is removing self damage. If you'd like me to expand upon and qualify my statements, I can.

Genuinely curious on the self damage, because imo it does alot more bad than people realize.  Self damage encourages a playstyle where players perch up high, often on little nooks and ledges DE never intended them to, and then safely shoot downwards with no risk to themselves.  That's how most self-damage weapons are used and its virtually no different than jumping on a platform and turning on some OP 4 AoE and letting it kill everything with no risk to yourself. 

Not to mention the weapons that do have self damage are obscenely weak to everything but ourselves, whom they one shot, so it doesn't even seem like a fair risk/reward trafeoff.

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

58 minutes ago, LewdInspector said:

"Warframe community is friendly" they said. And yet I get harassed on a regular basis for being mr28 and using things that people don't consider to be meta, such as a buffer Saryn instead of the typical spore spam.

Well excuse me Tim for having found something more enjoyable to play than what is the current meta. You would be correct in saying that it is not as effective as the meta, but fek you Tim I like it. You don't see me judging low mr players for not dishing out the most damage and kills, what gives you the right to judge me?

/vent

Hahaha, "Excuse me, Tim." 

Next time, you can say "I do this because I'm MR 28, Karen. Now shut up and get back to work before I bring Limbo and go Pro Troll."

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

On top of that every time I put up a post about it, it will either be completely removed or it will merge with other posts iv`e done burying it.

That's because you spam, and no matter how many times you're moderated you continue to spam.

48 minutes ago, LewdInspector said:

You don't see me judging low mr players for not dishing out the most damage and kills, what gives you the right to judge me?

I mean that would make even less sense because how are newbies supposed to keep up with the legendary MR28s?

Regardless though, why care so much? Let them complain and enjoy your thing (as long as you're not being some sort of leecher because then you should feel bad). Buff Saryn sounds like duration and strength to me which means you'll be able to dish out tons of damage on your own as well using Toxic Lash. They're probably playing onslaught with you and upset that you aren't the kind of Saryn to let XP rain all over their gear.

But i honestly do think that people should play some CSGO or League of Legends to learn what being toxic really means.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LewdInspector said:

I get harassed on a regular basis for being mr28

I have not once been harassed for being capped MR. I am also sitting at 28 right now and most people don't even talk. I'm surprised if I see "GG" at the end of a mission. If someone uses voice chat I think I am hearing things. I also have been playing non meta just to change the game play up. I think you just have bad luck with groups.

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever had someone give me crap for playing any frame with any build. How strange. Most toxic people I run into are people who troll the mission or afk.

The forums though... entirely different story.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, LewdInspector said:

I tend to bounce between EU and NA for different reasons - EU for that sweet low ping, NA for people who actually speak english.

Part of my mind suddenly saying "knew it". Well, I guess it's a real situation than just a meme I guess.

Go to Asia if you can keep low ping, lots of English speaking players and bonus if you like manga and anime and "manga and anime".

Usually I'm the culprit behind the dirty talk at night

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Genuinely curious on the self damage, because imo it does alot more bad than people realize.  Self damage encourages a playstyle where players perch up high, often on little nooks and ledges DE never intended them to, and then safely shoot downwards with no risk to themselves.  That's how most self-damage weapons are used and its virtually no different than jumping on a platform and turning on some OP 4 AoE and letting it kill everything with no risk to yourself. 

Not to mention the weapons that do have self damage are obscenely weak to everything but ourselves, whom they one shot, so it doesn't even seem like a fair risk/reward trafeoff.

Well my take on the self damage is that removing it also informs a very different kind of playstyle which creates its own problems. If you take away self damage there's literally no reason to keep distance from your target. People start using grenade launchers like melee weapons and face-tanking everything they come across. Before you know it there are arguments about kill-stealing and hogging the mission (a lot of missions are actually pretty like this anyway, with everything degrading into a speed-run for whoever has the most OP skills/weapons - imagine how it would be if EVERYONE could be 'that guy')?

Experienced players stop running in public groups to avoid getting matched with run-and-gun speed merchants who dominate the play, newer players suffer from not getting the experience and drift away, and before you know it the forums become TRULY toxic, with constant calls that the game is 'dying'.

At least that's what previous experience leads me to believe...

1 hour ago, Nikikin said:

Warframe community is toxic. If you want proof - just suggest adding auction house or removing self damage. You'l get full warehouse of toxic barrels in few seconds.

I support the removal of self damage...Man the Tonkor was soo much fun when you could slide into a massive group of enemies with it...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zelmen said:

I have not once been harassed for being capped MR. I am also sitting at 28 right now and most people don't even talk. I'm surprised if I see "GG" at the end of a mission. If someone uses voice chat I think I am hearing things. I also have been playing non meta just to change the game play up. I think you just have bad luck with groups.

I usually try and type 'GG' in the chat after a mission, especially if I've genuinely enjoyed the run.

Very occasionally I really want to type 'I'm really not sure why your existence is 'a thing'', but I always refrain from doing so, despite how much effort some people seem to go to to get me to do it.the way I view it is that it's just 'some people', and my being toxic toward them certainly wouldn't help the situation

If it's been an unpleasant experience I don't see any reason to make it MORE unpleasant... 

26 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

You lie sir.

Seriously though, I seldom come across people like that. Atlhough I gotta admit I don't play alot, especially recently.

You would be surprised to see how frequent it is for me. Just because it does not happen to you doesn't mean it is not happening to someone else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

Also why would anyone harass you for being MR28? That is actually pretty high.

I sometimes join the newbs on lith/earth.

I just sit there, maybe stab some guys, but I let the new guys get most of the kills because I still remember my beginnings 4-5 years ago and I know what it feels like to be left behind.

Yet one time, when I just joined - I didn't even move yet, and didn't get a single kill either - some guy immediately starting flaming me for kill-stealing lol. All because of MR. And I was on MR18 or 19 back then, and even now I'm only on 20.