Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Rework By TrueDeMoN100

(PSN)TrueDeMoN100

Greetings everyone,

I've been reading peoples complaints about Revenant and after viewing some threads I have thought of a suggestion. Please give me detailed feedback about what you think of this suggestion and if you have any thought that sounds neat I will edit this thread and insert it. My goal with this suggestion is to make Revenant more offensive and supportive to allies  making his thralls more valuable I hope you like my suggestion and if you do please upvote and share the idea so we can make it a dream come true!

Rework Plan

Passive Rework

Mesmer Skin activates automatically when melee struck enveloping Revenant in Sentient Energy redirecting damage and stunning those who dare to attack last 4 charges with a 60 second cooldown. Stunned enemies can be Enthralled at no cost with. Mesmer Skin unique properties for the Eidolon activate when taking damage from the Eidolon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Enthrall Rework

Enthralls are no longer kill-able by allies!

Convert a target into a zealous thrall and enthrall enemies on damage. On death they transform into transference energy (like the Vomvalyst) no longer capable of enthralling enemies and the Thrall horde remains under Revenant's spell until this ability runs out those in transference energy form will dissipate. Hold the ability to disintegrate all thralls into a damaging pillar of energy.

Attack, Position, Sacrifice

Press the Ability to cycle between Attack, Position, and Sacrifice hold the ability to cast.

Attack

Command all thralls to attack the targeted enemy!

Position

Command a thrall to move and hold position in the targeted area defending it.

Sacrifice

Target an ally to sacrifice one thrall transforming that thrall into transference energy to heal the targeted ally!

Reave Rework

Revenant dashes through enemies as a wall of energy recalling all thralls to his side leeching life & shields leech is enhanced for thralls. Hold the ability to sacrifice all thralls turning them into transference energy which Revenant will absorb and receive a gradually healing buff the more thralls absorbed the faster the healing speed over time.

Dance Macabre Rework

Recall all thralls to Revenant sweeping around him above his head and erupt a multitude of Eidolon energy beams sweeping a circle of death around Revenant from his hand. The beams will modify their damage type to target select defenses. While incoming damage is redirected back into the beams. Hold fire to boost status effects. damage, and thralls will release eidolon energy beams from their chest in a sweeping circle above Revenants head extending their beams further out in range then Revenants hand at the cost of increasing energy consumption.

Thank you for reading!

Not a fan.  If I were to peg any frame as a frame to have an army of commandable warriors I would peg that role to Inaros with his sand minions.  I like Revenant's current loop of create>kill>create.  He just needs some QoL to make this better.  Most extreme change imo would be to massively change or replace reave.  As is mesmerskin has all the defense he needs.  Reave's a poor and expensive movement ability.

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You kept his 1-3. 0/10.

The only way to actually make Revenant good is by purging that stupid vampire theme he still has and that means completely remaking his first 3 abilities.

Spawning Vomvalysts instead of thralls then? And Sentients have adaptability so make that his second power or passive. 

Edited by (XB1)Red Dough Boy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You kept his 1-3. 0/10.

The only way to actually make Revenant good is by purging that stupid vampire theme he still has and that means completely remaking his first 3 abilities.

If you actually read the thread instead of skimming you would see the difference. The abilities are not the same they are altered.

45 minutes ago, Hyohakusha said:

Revenant doesn't need a rework. He's already one of the best scaling frames in the game, and if you haven't figured that out that's on you.

His thralls dont have enough value this idea makes them more valuable and his scaling is short try using them on level 500 enemies.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Spawning Vomvalysts instead of thralls then? And Sentients have adaptability so make that his second power or passive. 

Mesmerskin does this that's why I suggested it be the passive. Hes not 100% sentient so he shouldn't have a exact replica of the adaptability.

Thrills are fine I dont see why he has to lose them. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Not a fan.  If I were to peg any frame as a frame to have an army of commandable warriors I would peg that role to Inaros with his sand minions.  I like Revenant's current loop of create>kill>create.  He just needs some QoL to make this better.  Most extreme change imo would be to massively change or replace reave.  As is mesmerskin has all the defense he needs.  Reave's a poor and expensive movement ability.

Inaros is not a minion lord hes like imoteph from the mummy. If you have not seen the movie imoteph summons scarab to restore his flesh from what they eat. Hes not the one to be a minion master.

This idea makes Revenant minions more valuable and allows them to keep up with him as they always get left behind. Reaves is his survivability just needs a little expanding upon to be more valuable hence my idea.

Create>Kill>Create as you put it is still there just more tactical for pillar positioning and pumping out more damage efficiently.  As I said in the description just HOLD the ability to kill all minions creating those pillars.

3 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Uhhh, nekros?!?!?

I choose to ignore Nekros because I don't enjoy his kit design/functionalities.

1 hour ago, (PS4)TrueDeMoN100 said:

Inaros is not a minion lord hes like imoteph from the mummy. If you have not seen the movie imoteph summons scarab to restore his flesh from what they eat. Hes not the one to be a minion master.

I chose Inaros specifically because of his sand minions he makes.  From a thematic perspective it makes more sense in my mind for Inaros to be a leader of minions compared to Revenant.

This idea makes Revenant minions more valuable and allows them to keep up with him as they always get left behind. Reaves is his survivability just needs a little expanding upon to be more valuable hence my idea.

Create>Kill>Create as you put it is still there just more tactical for pillar positioning and pumping out more damage efficiently.  As I said in the description just HOLD the ability to kill all minions creating those pillars.

I'm not saying your rework is wholistically bad.  I just think gameplay wise it wouldn't be my thing.

If you actually read the thread instead of skimming you would see the difference. The abilities are not the.

Altering the abilities slightly while still keeping their base function isn’t changing the ability. It’s just adding stuff onto an already flawed ability. You’re not fixing the problem.

The vampire abilities have to go. And Eidolon/sentient abilities have to be put in.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Kind of. I like the idea of completely replacing Thralls with vombulysts and having them provide different utility uses. But just turning his second ability into adaptation doesn’t feel like it would be that practical. Maybe give him something like the Eidolons Shield.

2 hours ago, (PS4)TrueDeMoN100 said:

His thralls dont have enough value this idea makes them more valuable and his scaling is short try using them on level 500 enemies.

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You kept his 1-3. 0/10.

Brozime fan spotted. If you actually used him you'd realize his 4, while good for trash mobs, is actually his weakest ability. I rather like being un-killable, stunning anything that tries to kill me on top of that and then being able to delete them regardless of level. Revenant's perfectly fine as is.

7 hours ago, Hyohakusha said:

Brozime fan spotted. If you actually used him you'd realize his 4, while good for trash mobs, is actually his weakest ability. I rather like being un-killable, stunning anything that tries to kill me on top of that and then being able to delete them regardless of level. Revenant's perfectly fine as is.

Having an ability that technically scales indefinitely doesn’t matter when it’s completely outperformed and outpaced in regular content and even reasonable beyond that. When you have to get into level 500s to start saying “this frame is good”, then you’ve completely missed the mark of what makes a good frame.

Seriously when a frames user basically has to tell you “Hey, I’m going to be completely useless to your squad for like 6 hours. I hope that isn’t a big deal.” You know there’s a problem.

9 hours ago, Hyohakusha said:

Revenant doesn't need a rework. He's already one of the best scaling frames in the game, and if you haven't figured that out that's on you.

^^^This.                                 Just potatoes everywhere. 4Head

Also his 4 is literally ghey mode ON thats why Gears likes it so much oh and cause Brozime said Revenant is bad (yeah that guy is a joke also). Thats the only ability a would like to remove/rework. Also not every frame has to be "useful" in newbie content, its like bringing 8,5k HP inaros to Earth nodes, plain stupid.

11 hours ago, Hyohakusha said:

Oh look a wrong statement. How surprising.

A poorly implemented 1 shot does not justify Revenants laughable excuse for ability design. Pair that with the fact that Warframe + Eidolon = Vampire makes no sense whatsoever. Revenant needs a rework far more than anything else in the game.

1 hour ago, Benour said:

^^^This.                                 Just potatoes everywhere. 4Head

Also his 4 is literally ghey mode ON thats why Gears likes it so much oh and cause Brozime said Revenant is bad (yeah that guy is a joke also). Thats the only ability a would like to remove/rework. Also not every frame has to be "useful" in newbie content, its like bringing 8,5k HP inaros to Earth nodes, plain stupid.

Brozime gave Revenant a B. And I completely disagree with that. I like Danse Macabre because it represents that Revenant could’ve been (as well the fact that it makes his entire kit redundant). But instead we got this weird crossbreed vampire thing.

And I want to know why everybody treats this game like it’s either you’re a newb facing level 1s or someone facing level 1000 enemies. You know there’s an in between to those two, and that’s were the majority of players are. Not to mention DE actively advises against doing ultra long endurance runs, which is the reason they changed void towers to relics. And Revenant would’ve actually had a practical use in void towers. But DE didn’t like what those missions were incentivizing so now Revenant literally exists in a game that wants nothing to do with him. And that’s honestly hilarious.

18 hours ago, -VS-Equi said:

Would kill the only undieable Frame that can easily survive everything. But okay. Casual thinking that would be good. 

Say that to Inaros, or Chroma, or Nehza, or Rhino. All frames that can easily survive any content you throw at them. Saying that you have one janky damage ability and can survive as well as other frames does not a good ability design make.

Edit: I don't too much mind Revenant's concept, but his implementation is horrible.

Edited by AlmightyPancake