Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused on Status vs Crit builds

(PSN)Xeno-Mortis

Question

Hi everyone, I had a few questions in regards to melee builds, and something that confuses me when I watch YouTube videos, and that people saying Status builds are worse than crit builds. Now I kind of understand a little bit of it, but there’s one weapon that seems to go against this thinking... the Lesion. No matter how I build a Gram Prime or a Kripath, my Lesion build kills things MUCH faster. I did a few tests on Corrupted Heavy Gunners last night at level 125, and the Lesion kills them in less than half the time. Why? 

I recently opened a riven for the Plague Kripath with 180 cc, 125 melee damage, and 127 finisher damage.  With Sacrificial Steel, it sits at 199.9% cc. Is there such a thing as too much cc on a melee weapon? Should I focus on CD?  I’d like to stop using the Lesion, but it seems like it’s the better choice for any content. Melee 3.0 really has me lost, even after watching videos on YT. As a MR20, I’m feeling a little behind the curve with understanding how to properly build a weapon.

My current Lesion build is: All 4 60/60, PPP, CO, Primed Fury, and a junk riven with Heat and Range

Thank you in advance.

2 answers to this question

The lesion has a special buff that greatly increases its damage and status chance upon applying a status, and it is refreshed every time it applies another status effect. That's why it's strong.

Also, when talking about crit builds, are you using Blood Rush or are you using Heavy attacks? If you aren't using either, that explains why it feels so weak.

Most builds using Blood Rush reach 400%+ crit chance at max stacks. Heavy Attack builds can reach over 200% crit chance on heavy attack.

Crit damage is also important. You need to use Organ Shatter on a Blood Rush build, and either normal or Amalgam Organ Shatter in a Heavy Attack build.

If you don't have Blood Rush or Sacrificial Steel, then status builds will be the strongest you can build.

As far as your Lesion build, I would replace the Toxin 60/60 with Primed Fever Strike if you have it or can obtain it.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

The lesion has a special buff that greatly increases its damage and status chance upon applying a status, and it is refreshed every time it applies another status effect. That's why it's strong.

Also, when talking about crit builds, are you using Blood Rush or are you using Heavy attacks? If you aren't using either, that explains why it feels so weak.

Most builds using Blood Rush reach 400%+ crit chance at max stacks. Heavy Attack builds can reach over 200% crit chance on heavy attack.

Crit damage is also important. You need to use Organ Shatter on a Blood Rush build, and either normal or Amalgam Organ Shatter in a Heavy Attack build.

If you don't have Blood Rush or Sacrificial Steel, then status builds will be the strongest you can build.

As far as your Lesion build, I would replace the Toxin 60/60 with Primed Fever Strike if you have it or can obtain it.

Yeah, I use Blood rush on my crit builds. I was just confused because it seems like the Lesion is the strongest weapon atm. It’s been boring using it since I got it.