Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.12 + 27.0.12.1

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Next Hotfix will restore the original Melee behaviour of it being opt-in only with Alt-Fire, 'Hold to Heavy Attack' is going away.

Could they also make it so if you bind heavy attack to another key it lets you do a heavy slam attack from the air even with primary/secondary out? You can already immediately go into a normal slam with primary/secondary out just by hitting the melee button, but you can't just tap your heavy attack key (even if the key you bind it to doesn't have multiple purposes like alt-fire), you first have to swap into melee and then press the heavy attack button. 

1 hour ago, Accaliah said:

im pretty sure you can still just heavy attack normally with the altfire button

10 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

you can. which I hate. hence why I wanted to option to keep it on E

Same I don't want heavy attack on my alt fire, just remove it from the normal melee attack button that everyone is complaining about breaking their combos, alt fire is for my guns guns guns.

I want it to stay on the button I moved it to, my old channeling key bind (which is a keyboard bind) equip melee weapon hit heavy attack button BAM they're dead, or any other weapon that needs heavy attack to trigger.

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Next Hotfix will restore the original Melee behaviour of it being opt-in only with Alt-Fire, 'Hold to Heavy Attack' is going away.

It only became a problem when people stopped using slide attack macros and switched to melee attack macros. Why are things being changed for people using macros?

Before someone says that I don't know what I'm talking about I occasionally use a Valkyr using a Ninkondi Prime with:

• Eternal War
  • Quicken
  • Berserker
  • 2 max rank arcane strikes

Spam as I might it just doesn't happen. What will cause it is someone who uses one of the downloadable macros for melee spam that has "hold melee" set to "rapid-fire melee"

Why cater to people that use macros?

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Damn. Welp, there goes that..

I get it was more trouble than it was worth, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Holding down the melee attack to heavy always felt like it was right.

If you ever do get to bring it back.. a sensitivity slider would be nice.. =/
There's the potential for a very good thing here, and I feel like getting rid of it outright throws the baby out with the bathwater.

Then again the whole concept has gone septic due to how it was implemented, so I won't be holding my breath.

50 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

*snip*

If you ever do get to bring it back.. a sensitivity slider would be nice.. =/
There's the potential for a very good thing here, and I feel like getting rid of it outright throws the baby out with the bathwater.

*snip*

Indeed, add a toggle if you would like a seperate key for heavy attacks and below it just put a slider there how long people would like to hold down the melee key before a heavy melee attack triggers. In miliseconds please.

Il y a 1 heure, SpringRocker a dit :

It only became a problem when people stopped using slide attack macros and switched to melee attack macros. Why are things being changed for people using macros?

Before someone says that I don't know what I'm talking about I occasionally use a Valkyr using a Ninkondi Prime with:

• Eternal War
  • Quicken
  • Berserker

Spam as I might it just doesn't happen. What will cause it is someone who uses one of the downloadable macros for melee spam that has "hold melee" set to "rapid-fire melee"

Im not using macro at all and had ton or problem in losing my combo counter  to hold E when im not holding E at all

À lot of People said it is probably cause by fps issues/lag issues/performance problems but high attack speed combined with those is probably exacerbating the problem

4 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

Im not using macro at all and had ton or problem in losing my combo counter  to hold E when im not holding E at all

À lot of People said it is probably cause by fps issues/lag issues/performance problems but high attack speed combined with those is probably exacerbating the problem

Higher attack speeds yeah, due to the melee 3.0 heavy strikes not having the hold the entire time mechanic of the old charge attacks, you just trigger them by holding or pressing the button, so to keep your combo points you have to roll or interrupt which could also make you lose them through timer if not using another conditional mod to extend the timer. Its a teething issue moving from melee 2.0 to 3.0 that will probably need to be nurtured in time or replaced.

2 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Never used a macro. Ran into this constantly. You don't know what you're talking about.

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about Glaives and Throwing Hammers? They're much more clunky and inconvenient to use in Melee 3.0 to begin with, and the holding heavy attack, while it did cause errors, made it better for a while. At least add the ability to throw them by holding the Melee button while in gun mode?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb SpringRocker:

Because me and other doesnt use macros. And thats the reason we're asking for an Toogle or seperate Keybind and not a whole removement. But they're gonna doing the lazy way as usual in past. So now everyone is upset again -.-

I have not read through all 20 pages but I do see alot of people talking about being nerfed while boarding ships, I believe this has to do with the health bubble that enemy ships deploy.  If you board a ship that is in proximity to or inside a health bubble you do close to no damage 100's not 1,000's...   Even though some of the enemies are quite beefy bullet sponges the addition of their health restore bubble makes things a mess.  Just an observation...

Why do you want nothing to interact with anything in this game? Wukong toggle sprint. Mirage Ephemera nerf. It's stuff like this that adds variety and complexity to the game. Then you remove it for no good reason because it's "not intended"? What happened to the DE that allowed negative power strength Nova to work the way it does? Stop trying to rip the soul out of the game please! 

EDIT - On review, the Wukong thing was a decent nerf. I stand by that the Mirage synergy with the ephemera was really cool. Either way these are small things but they can have huge ramifications to players of the game. 

12 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

• Eternal War
  • Quicken
  • Berserker

well i don't use macros and that still bothers me to high heaven. who knows what the  hek is going on. it just might be various pc problems.

Uranus submersible runs have an extremely annoying glitch in them in that when you're running in submersible mode and accidentally go off the map (into the skybox), instead of resetting just before the edge where the player fell off -- go completely out of the map and back to where they originally went into submersible mode.  

This is repeatable as this glitch happened within 15 meters of extraction. 

12 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

• Eternal War
  • Quicken
  • Berserker

"It doesn't happen to me, therefore it doesn't happen."

I have no idea what "downloadable macros" you're talking about. Personally, I just use my keyboard.

Nonetheless, no matter how lightly, carefully, and delicately I tap E, I get random unintended heavy attacks. It happens across weapons, frames, and builds. With Berserker & Quickening and without.

Maybe it's the keyboard? I tried a different one, then another. Problem persists.

Enough people have reported this over enough time that we can be confident it's a real problem and not user error or "macros."

Haven't seen it yet, so I keep my fingers crossed for this:

Since you are restoring some melee functions, please also restore the "switch gun" key. It does the same as "switch weapon" atm, cycling through ALL of your weapons or just between melee and secondary sometimes. Completely random

I'd also like to see, that the game remembers, which weapon I had equipped used last before an interaction. Auto switch to my primary is not helpful

Edit: Also the Naru Syandana (those energy wings) don't seem to activate anymore. They're hanging down without having their energy feather out. I can only see them in the orbiter. Would be nice if the emissives on that were  switched back on.

On 2020-01-29 at 2:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Why not an option? That's all anybody has ever asked for.

Please reconsider this.  Address the timing issues for press-to-hold (framerate should never affect the hold time, and even attack speed affecting it is questionable) and make it an option.

Or, maybe you guys could spend a week playing with a controller exclusively. Really get a feel for how pressing the stick buttons with more frequency than for toggles feels. Your thumbs will love it.

On 2020-01-23 at 5:43 PM, xXPeGaSuSXx said:

65 times in the sentiship :S and rail jack 10 10 10 10 doesnt help me out for continue farming for commando and my earlyer Sentiruns doesnt count, thanks for wasted grind!

leave Instrinctgrind open for the future scools http://prntscr.com/qruupw

That's why I stopped playing and kept the crap perks like pilot 9-10 untaken while keeping my Intrinsics for the 5th tree. 

On 2020-01-30 at 1:31 AM, NightmareT12 said:

No, I mean keeping Melee + Heavy as it is right now but under a different button, just like Sprint has Sprint (touch) / Sprint (hold) + Roll (touch).

Like, I welcome both keys behaving differently and it annoys me to do heavy attacks when I don't want to, but I can see why some people might want to use it.

oh, I see! that might be good idea actually.

On 2020-01-29 at 10:12 PM, Slayer-. said:

Same I don't want heavy attack on my alt fire, just remove it from the normal melee attack button that everyone is complaining about breaking their combos, alt fire is for my guns guns guns.

I want it to stay on the button I moved it to, my old channeling key bind (which is a keyboard bind) equip melee weapon hit heavy attack button BAM they're dead, or any other weapon that needs heavy attack to trigger.

Rebind the key. Of course that depends on alt fire and melee heavy attack being separate hotkeys. If they are, then rebind the key. 

Archived