[DE]Megan

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.12 + 27.0.12.1

On 2020-01-26 at 5:51 PM, Shemarria said:

FIX
Your
BUGGED OUT
Game mode.
This being Railjack
~ Ivara having any weapon she fires bring her out of prowl regardless if they are silent or not (and I ALWAYS pack hushed / supressed weapons to a railjack).
~ MANY MANY graphical glitches happening including the black-out wall of doom if someone is side-gunner.
~ Artillery doing RED crits on a crew-ship (I see the number pop up) yet not doing ANY damage... at all.
~ ...and can we talk damage scaling.  REALLY REALLY talk I mean?  You know the individual in question who is DIRECTLY resonsible for this.
~ STOP NERFING!  I mean stop it completely.  EVERYTHING in this [Censored] glitched out mess of a game mode is a bullet sponge.  Damage / elemental types do not seem to matter at all, so if that IS the case, stop nerfing us and buffing the enemies.

Thank you in advance but this is getting intollerable.

*honestly i havent run into any of your mentioned things but....BUT I TOTALLY AGREE ON THE NERFING

28 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

200.gif

You are obviously very passionate about warframe but, man, you gotta let it go. You are complaining about years of being disappointed. Maybe this game isnt for you.

"They need enough anger..." if you want to be taken seriously then you need to move past this way of thinking. Either to a new game or a point of acceptance.

Thank you for taking a quotation out of context.  It demonstrates exactly why I have issues with people whose response is "just leave the game then."

In context I stated anger focused at specific topics.  Noting that it isn't about people, nor is it about flipping the bird and saying that the game is dead.  Neither of these options actually is useful.  It's fantastic that people respond to hearing something that they don't like, and responding to get out of there rather than continuing to demand better.  It's how we've gotten to the point that so many new systems to Warframe are lackluster. 

I will continue to offer praise and anger when they are required.  While I have issues using the steam charts, I can't say that it doesn't match what I feel.  That's despite introducing Liches, and Railjack, the peak player count in the last 30 days is down 28%, with the average count down 20%.  We are already down to October 2019 levels, despite the introduction of two new mechanics.  This would be reasonable, but January 2019 was the post Fortuna let-down.  It's peak player count was 82k, versus 61k this January.  The average count is down from 53k to 38k.  That's a 29% decrease in player count year over year, where the game requires players available for random games to make things better.  These participation numbers are down to September 2017 levels.  That's the dead zone before PoE launched.  So we are clear, November 2018 saw a peak of 132k players and today we see 61k.  A greater than 50% loss of players on any platform is pretty concerning.

It almost seems like DE is aware of this, and their more recent releases are even heavier on grind just to try and keep players.  Players see the grind, and check out because it's just not fun.  Somebody at DE does the math, and pushes for more grind because the engagement is waning.  So the death spiral produces another game to collapse under its own weight.  Sometimes seeing that spiral is difficult from the inside.  It's my goal to highlight that, so somebody at DE can see how to make it November 2018 again.  Barring that, I'm here to watch DE justify the next bad decision.

So we are clear, the Hema came before Starwars Battlefront II (EA).  People often cite that EA was a poison when they said the miserable grind was acceptable so players got a sense of achievement.  Before that DE released the Hema, and said the same thing about requiring 5000 mutagen samples to this day.  It's fantastic to be old enough to remember how things have evolved, but not too old to care.  It has given me the opportunity to see titans fall, bad justifications slide by until the day they don't, and it's given the perspective that if I want nice things sometimes I have to yell.  Sometimes I have to make people uncomfortable, and to be uncomfortable.  I've spent two years with Warframe slowly dying because of the focus on open worlds.  It's time to be angry, be pointed, and to stop letting DE release garbage and be forced to wait for them to fix it.  It's time to expect a release that's 85%, or to let them die like Bethesda.  I don't want another Bethesda. 

It's funny how easy it is to see the string of bad decisions which has led us here.

Most people just leave and don't give a crap if DE dies.  Call me stupid, but I'm hoping such a backlash actually spurs them to be better.  I also hope the spurs go to management rather than employees.  Those of us in the "professional" world know how often management decision can make things...complicated and less than ideal.  If the spurs need to be placed on workers rather than management I don't hold a lot of hope.

• Like 3

Thank you DE for deciding that maybe an ability that lets you fly around completely freely while remaining completely invulnerable and invisible and regenerate health for both yourself and your bot at a very fast rate and stun enemies for your teammates to finish off as a bonus shouldn't also let you move faster than dedicated speed frames in the process. For the first time in like a month, you have my attention.

That said, it is pretty disappointing that you tried to pass off what is pretty obviously a deliberate nerf as a bugfix. It shows a lack of confidence in your own decisions which will ironically make your playerbase even angrier because if you don't show confidence in your design decisions your players won't have confidence in them either.

Also, while we're on the subject, maybe fix exalted melee damage sometime soon? As much as I enjoyed the butthurt over Iron Staff being turned into a foam bat I think poor Wukong has been punished enough.

• Like 3

Well I like all those new things (except for this lich thing) and I am not playing a grinding game to get everything done in the first evening. Even the price for everything could be higher.

But I really really hate playing something so buggy, and its not only the new quests. Literally every quest seems to be messed up right now. RJ, Plains, Fortuna, etc.

Maybe I will wait for the next fixes to calm down a litle bit and not waste my time without any fun.

Edited by matazalka

On 2020-01-23 at 10:59 AM, Spam661 said:

This a million thousand times this 

Rj Really sux for this. I was thinking, we could have nice dog fights in aw in open spaces but instead it is instant 1 shot death even if you go invis with that on aw I forget the name  but even in invis you still get locked on and die immediately . THIS IS NOT FUN. Either make it do less dmg to aw or have less hard lock.

Can we all just acknowledge the fact that the countermeasures avionic also does seemingly nothing in the way of getting target locking projectiles to stop locking onto your railjack? (which is, by the way, the intended purpose)

Edited by Biohazard_Wraith

On 2020-01-25 at 6:46 PM, Rexomus said:

How could you do this to my monkey boi? I was SPEED incarnate

Sir, Guass and Volt would like to know your location.

Bug report: Tenebrous Ephemera does not get any colors. No matter energy or emissive colors chosen.

When can we get a visual mark for newly acquired wreckage so its not confusing to browse through wreckage wondering what was saved?

When will we see Wreckage RNG% bonus at a glance instead of having to tab mouseover?

Does anyone else's railjack name keep changing every single time? It seems to take on the last railjack mission you joined in pub and overwrite your own.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Avss said:

When can we get a visual mark for newly acquired wreckage so its not confusing to browse through wreckage wondering what was saved?

When will we see Wreckage RNG% bonus at a glance instead of having to tab mouseover?

Does anyone else's railjack name keep changing every single time? It seems to take on the last railjack mission you joined in pub and overwrite your own.

Until it gets implemented you could do what I do, so not to get the new stuff mixed up with the ones you are keeping. Read Here or below quote.  

On 2020-01-25 at 7:59 PM, Slayer-. said:

What I do is place full credits into repair (helps with seeing it once you back out of the repair menu) and about 25 resources just to stop it being scrapped outright which it seems to do if no resources are in the repair.

edit: That way I can keep track of what I want to keep and any new stuff.

On 2020-01-23 at 4:53 PM, ToKeSia said:

he is already a lot because he is not tank type , look at Rhino although he is half-ass tank frame , he got 275 only while umbra is 300.

yeah not tank, but this is normal (lv 140 enemy sortie enemy or railjack lv 50 enemy one shot one kill (umbra die, not the enemy)?
no
He is so weak for the 23.0 update...... 

On 2020-01-23 at 10:36 AM, 24ANGELS said:

Please make heavy attack a toggle again. It's really easy to lose all combo counter when spamming E fast. Thanks.

Next Hotfix will restore the original Melee behaviour of it being opt-in only with Alt-Fire, 'Hold to Heavy Attack' is going away.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Next Hotfix will restore the original Melee behaviour of it being opt-in only with Alt-Fire, 'Hold to Heavy Attack' is going away.

FINALLY!!!!

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Question, but why was it chosen to not make it its own button binding like Sprint VS Sprint/Roll?

Edited by NightmareT12

2 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The "original" melee 3.0 behavior? Will this reintroduce the disabling of Tenno charge attack Void blast moves as that mode also had? I am only asking because re-putting in the original charge attack command was stated to fix the broken at the time Tenno nodes that rely on that to function and lack an active melee to use Alt fire since that is used for their always on Void laser amp. If this would lead to having Void blast amps that change up how Tenno melee, I would be fine with that, but it would be annoying to lose out on whole nodes for schools not working again as happened with Melee 3.0's release.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Going to say finally here, since it should have never been added in randomly after the melee changes in the first place.

26 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

FINALLY 😄 It never should've been the "hold" nonsense. Guess I can keep my melee weapons equipped since I was going to remove them on all my loadouts tonight.

48 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I thought you guys ain't taking that away solely because that 'hold to heavy attack' can be cancelled by doing other moves like roll, jump etc. Well, most players don't know that I presumed, so now it is good that it is going away.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thank you, this has been a very annoying thing to deal with since it was implemented.

Can you retain this functionality on throwing weapons since the throw itself is not technically a "heavy attack"?

Thank you for that change!

Could you hotfix Melee 2.0 back into the game please?

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just woke up so can someone tell me if I'm reading this right, this means heavy attack is being moved keys to hold alt fire for heavy attack?

Edited by Slayer-.
added

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Question, but why was it chosen to not make it its own button binding like Sprint VS Sprint/Roll?

it already has its own assignable button. By default, the two are the same, but you can change it.

the problem with this is however that it looses its functionality if the melee weapon is holstered.

This also needs to be fixed - I sure hope DE thought of that.

Edited by Her_Lovely_Tentacles

7 minutes ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

it already has its own assignable button. By default, the two are the same, but you can change it.

the problem with this is however that it looses its functionality if the melee weapon is holstered.

This also needs to be fixed - I sure hope DE thought of that.

No, I mean keeping Melee + Heavy as it is right now but under a different button, just like Sprint has Sprint (touch) / Sprint (hold) + Roll (touch).

Like, I welcome both keys behaving differently and it annoys me to do heavy attacks when I don't want to, but I can see why some people might want to use it.

Edited by NightmareT12

I'm probably not reading this new change in the next hotfix correctly, if not someone will let me know.

Simple, just leave heavy attack on the separate button in options that it has now, and remove hold heavy attack from the normal melee button, it would solve everyone's problems because I LIKE MY HEAVY ATTACK ON ITS OWN BUTTON which at present it has. (though to do a heavy attack you need the melee weapon equipped)