Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Power_Is_Everything

Warframe has too many barriers.

Recommended Posts

The maps in Warframe have too many barriers that prevent player from moving across the map or from reaching a certain height. I know that you do not want the player to go across certain area, but why not make more enemy designs that can deal with that by being able to follow the player across these certain sections? Another option is to actually make these sections you attempt to block off simply another part of the map to expand the game levels even more.

Warframe also has too many "Respawn" barriers, meaning when you reach a certain part of the map you will have your screen fade to black, then re-spawn back into the map. I have no problem with how the re-spawn barrier works, but I do have a problem with them being placed in easily accessible areas of the map that are also well within the design of the map. And example is a grineer ship during a "Defection" mission. I literally walked past infested and jumped onto the cylinders next the rail path the survivors take to the ship and the game re-spawned me. That re-spawn spawned allowed the infested to grab me and result in a stun lock that had killed me, and I did not even expect some place that far into the map where I can clearly see the enemies, and have enemies freely attack me to re-spawn me.

It needs to change because I cannot even use warframes to their full abilities anymore. An example is "Zephyr" being locked by some sky barrier and unable to zoom up to the sky when there are out door areas (not including "Open-World" maps like "Fortuna" and "Cetus", because they are fine as in and give you more than enough resource), or me using another warframe that is mean;t for mobility and being re-spawned when I try to explore the map because I literally use the environment to my advantage because it is a mechanics the developer created and I see fit to use something the developer gave to my advantage as a best as possible.

All in all, this needs to change to beck before the "Old Blood" update, where the sky barriers were removed on ships and you could literally touch the ceiling, and in addition the that replace the sky barriers with re-spawn barriers on the sky and in crease the height so a player cannot jump into and bump their head because the player decided to jump from the literal highest point in the map but instead because a player manages to reach that height by using "Zephyr" or "Nova" to achieve what normally should not be possible. and then if a player manage to reach that new hight, they will not be instantly killed or damaged on re-spawn because their velocity will keep them going upward from their previous saved point of impact with the re-spawn giving them a fair warning, because the players do not need to be invincible after hitting a re spawn plane because they can abuse that.

You need to remove some barriers, or at the very least turn the sky barriers into re-spawn planes (again "excluding" the open world maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish there was a barrier to stop people from spam posting GD threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i love these first to comments 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely ever encounter the reset barriers, and height limits aren't that big of a deal. There is no point in going high enough to trigger the height limits. Are there too many of them? No. I've never encountered a barrier where I thought it'd be unreasonable. And the lack of a screenshot really doesn't help me see what cylinders you're talking about in that defection mission. Lot of cylindrical objects in Warframe.

Honestly what you should be complaining about is how triggering one of the respawn barriers disables all current buffs and abilities like Renewal or Vex Armor. That's the problem with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Power_Is_Everything said:

Warframe also has too many "Respawn" barriers, meaning when you reach a certain part of the map you will have your screen fade to black, then re-spawn back into the map. I have no problem with how the re-spawn barrier works, but I do have a problem with them being placed in easily accessible areas of the map that are also well within the design of the map.

Amen. This is why I could never get into Zephyr. "Weeee... Dangit. Huh. Ok and, Weeeeeee-Dangit!"
In most maps, trying to take flight either means you're clipping into the ceiling for several seconds or de-spawning before you reach altitude.
Granted, I've seen people use her well, but they still have to pick rooms carefully to use her 1. This problem is exacerbated by Duration.
Open worlds were a welcome addition, and are the only places I'm comfortable saying that frame has real potential, barring a few select rooms in other maps.

When I first tried her, I got the impression that, "DE must be working on this de-spawn problem, and we'll see an update soon enough," but that was years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Power_Is_Everything said:

You need to remove some barriers, or at the very least turn the sky barriers into re-spawn planes (again "excluding" the open world maps.

Basically you want to turn Warframe into Fortnite? You're not firing on all cylinders up there are you.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainMinty said:

I rarely ever encounter the reset barriers, and height limits aren't that big of a deal. There is no point in going high enough to trigger the height limits. Are there too many of them? No. I've never encountered a barrier where I thought it'd be unreasonable. And the lack of a screenshot really doesn't help me see what cylinders you're talking about in that defection mission. Lot of cylindrical objects in Warframe.

Honestly what you should be complaining about is how triggering one of the respawn barriers disables all current buffs and abilities like Renewal or Vex Armor. That's the problem with them.

It not my fault you do not explore the amps enough. I am not complaining, I am simply pointing out and issue that needs to be changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean...Sure.

Specifically on the ice planet hoth there are 'open world' tiles where going too high/far will respawn you.  For example:

  • Going to extraction, it's the Lion King Rock extraction tile, if you aim above it and void dash, BAM respawn (and sometimes 1.5k meters away).
  • Corpus dropship extraction tile: Slightly higher than extraction or barely beyond it: BAM respawn (and sometimes 1.5k meters away).

Also on a side note, the respawning of warframes is somewhat aggressive when you are in operator form.  For example.  I can jump off a ledge, press 5, void dash 1-2 times, press 5 again and NOPE.  Warframe triggered respawn.  While under normal conditions you'd think my warframe would of continued it's trajectory and cleared the initial chasm/etc, NOPE.  It's like going into kid ninja form causes all physics except 'fall like rock with rocket pointed at ground' to stop working on the now empty husk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zehne said:

I mean...Sure.

Specifically on the ice planet hoth there are 'open world' tiles where going too high/far will respawn you.  For example:

  • Going to extraction, it's the Lion King Rock extraction tile, if you aim above it and void dash, BAM respawn (and sometimes 1.5k meters away).
  • Corpus dropship extraction tile: Slightly higher than extraction or barely beyond it: BAM respawn (and sometimes 1.5k meters away).

Also on a side note, the respawning of warframes is somewhat aggressive when you are in operator form.  For example.  I can jump off a ledge, press 5, void dash 1-2 times, press 5 again and NOPE.  Warframe triggered respawn.  While under normal conditions you'd think my warframe would of continued it's trajectory and cleared the initial chasm/etc, NOPE.  It's like going into kid ninja form causes all physics except 'fall like rock with rocket pointed at ground' to stop working on the now empty husk.

Warframe needs to update it's engine, and its physics, and then it's enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Amen. This is why I could never get into Zephyr. "Weeee... Dangit. Huh. Ok and, Weeeeeee-Dangit!"
In most maps, trying to take flight either means you're clipping into the ceiling for several seconds or de-spawning before you reach altitude.
Granted, I've seen people use her well, but they still have to pick rooms carefully to use her 1. This problem is exacerbated by Duration.
Open worlds were a welcome addition, and are the only places I'm comfortable saying that frame has real potential, barring a few select rooms in other maps.

When I first tried her, I got the impression that, "DE must be working on this de-spawn problem, and we'll see an update soon enough," but that was years ago.

To be fair "Zephyr" could still be fun, she block off entire sections with double damage tornadoes, can be immune to all ranged attacks, and even blow up entire sections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I just wish theyd8remove some of the damned clutter from the maps.   I get fed up getting stuck on boxes etc that are knee height. 

Seconding this, too many "magnetic" crates, barrels, railings, and goddamn rocks.
(magnetic as in, they actively reach out and grab your warframe/operator and hug you to them, not the damage type)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...