Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkRuler2500

Exotic tokens - Anomaly is a good start but...

vor 51 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

Little Duck is no stranger to Exotic goods - an Amp assembler and Toroid master, the strong and the strange are what she makes her business on. Her interest in Anomaly shards allows you to access new Exotic Goods:

Now please give us some kind of Lich token for each Lich killed/converted and allow us to purchase the vengeful ephemeras the same way.
That'd be nice too!

Well, idk about the ephemeras because there’s people who’ve grinded hours away to get them.  But the weapons would be nice for sure.   

vor 2 Minuten schrieb LoneWolveYoutube:

Well, idk about the ephemeras because there’s people who’ve grinded hours away to get them.  But the weapons would be nice for sure.   

Well I've grinded hours for the Sentient Ephemera... so?

2 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

Well, idk about the ephemeras because there’s people who’ve grinded hours away to get them

Same exact deal for the sentient ephemera.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb LoneWolveYoutube:

It took me 30 liches to get the heat ephemera, if you count roughly 2 hours per lich i'm looking at 60 hours for a single ephemera. So dont come with that BS, getting lucky is not an achievement to be proud of. Tokens for Lich ephemeras would be so much better than "just get lucky, scrub".

20 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Now please give us some kind of Lich token for each Lich killed/converted and allow us to purchase the vengeful ephemeras the same way.
That'd be nice too!

There's a lich token thing coming in an update for PC soon so wonder if that'll include purchasing ephemera?

I could see a token for liches based on the damage type. So you'll need to kill X heat based liches for that specific ephemera.

57 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

It took me 30 liches to get the heat ephemera, if you count roughly 2 hours per lich i'm looking at 60 hours for a single ephemera. So dont come with that BS, getting lucky is not an achievement to be proud of. Tokens for Lich ephemeras would be so much better than "just get lucky, scrub".

Well, the argument behind is that your 60 hours of work just become entirely wasted because now people can get them easier.  

16 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

Maybe making the ephemeras have some special thing about them if you got it before the token system would be nice.

as someone who has 3 of the ephemeras and farmed my brains out for them, no. getting them is pure luck and nothing else. it does not deserve that kind of special treatment.

1 hour ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

That'd be nice too!

Except that Vengeful ephemeras are tradable. The tenebrous ephemera was not. 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb LoneWolveYoutube:

Well, the argument behind is that your 60 hours of work just become entirely wasted because now people can get them easier.  

That's based on the assumption that people that havent gotten the ephemera yet didnt spend a lot of time. In addition it's not wasted time either: I got the ephemera earlier than people waiting for DE to maybe improve a system and people actually doing the BS rng grinds can give proper feedback on it. Without proper feedback the game doesnt improve. People already having done a farm should never stand in the way of the game getting better.

On top of that I am not impacted by other people having the ephemera aswell, it doesnt make mine look worse. 

People wanting other people to suffer just because they suffered through something are the worst and should never be considered.

10 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

This is nothing new in warframe. Any long time player should know everything gets easier to get if you simply don't play on release.

Vauban - you can buy the whole thing getting to rank 1 in NW instead of hoping for alerts and getting lucky being on

Nehza - no more seasonal RNG for sortie rewards

Mesa - significant reduction to create keys

AW launchers - no more crafting

Cetus wisps, focus tree, avionics, wreckage, limbo quest, … aside from hema, I can think of very few things that aren't significantly easier to get.

And rather than feeling slighted, they should be happy the game is the better for it.  The fact is, spending 60 hours was entirely wasted to begin with - its a f'ing video game.

I stopped farming the ephemera around 2-250 runs, realizing that it was a) not worth it, and b) definitely going to change and c) rng based anything is not an achievement..  I should have stopped sooner - and had even said so to a friend that kept dragging me back in - but no, no one who did a 1000 runs to get it should get special treatment.  What about the person who did 2000 and DIDN'T?

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

Don't come with that BS, getting lucky is not an achievement to be proud of. Tokens for Lich ephemeras would be so much better than "just get lucky, scrub".

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

but no, no one who did a 1000 runs to get it should get special treatment.  What about the person who did 2000 and DIDN'T?

That’s a fair point I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

People wanting other people to suffer just because they suffered through something are the worst and should never be considered.

I wasn’t really defending that way of thinking I was just more of presenting the argument that people make.

26 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

So people who don't value life get to shape the game's progression mechanics. A #*!%ing awful precedent.

5 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

So people who don't value life get to shape the game's progression mechanics. A #*!%ing awful precedent.

It's not really a progression mechanic.  It's a cosmetic.  It's a luxury item that has no affect on gameplay.

1 minute ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

It's not really a progression mechanic.  It's a cosmetic.  It's a luxury item that has no affect on gameplay.

Yeah your right. I jumped the gun. I'm in a bad mood I am. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Redfeather75 said:

Yeah your right.

Every gets mad sometimes it's aight fam.

This also might be the first time anyone has ever apologized on the Warframe Forums.

I guess people glossed over the fact that ephemera’s  are tradable, are they not going to retract tradable and make it into tokens???

instead of making the grind easier keep it the same just give us tokens.

if Anything like the upcoming bait to get the weapon you want maybe the ephemera adds a better drop rate when you use the bait 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)TrollyThyTrinity said:

the fact that ephemera’s  are tradable

An RNG chance to get a Lich ephemera is trade able. That's scummy way to make plat. All cosmetic BP ephemera just needs to be trade able and be done with it. 

Mah friendo, it literally IS NOT a good start...... it is essentially the old Alert system and there was a reason that was removed from the game. 

Mainly being people DID NOT ENJOY schedualing their lives around whenever Warframe felt like tossing up an Alert they needed for (insert MacGuffin). In this case once every ~3hrs or so. 

This is why it's super frustraiting watching DE implement things 

DE: The Alert system is bad because we shouldn't be forcing our playerbase to schedual their lives around Warframe timers
Also DE: Hey lets implement a timer that players will have to schedual their lives around. 

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Mah friendo, it literally IS NOT a good start...... it is essentially the old Alert system and there was a reason that was removed from the game. 

Mainly being people DID NOT ENJOY schedualing their lives around whenever Warframe felt like tossing up an Alert they needed for (insert MacGuffin). In this case once every ~3hrs or so. 

Those are two different things. The exotic tokens are dealing with the problem of the ridiculous amount of RNG involved in the ephemera grinding process. That is definitely a GOOD start.

I fully agree that the time schedule for the sentient ship is horrible, but that can be dealt with in a separate, different way.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I could see a token for liches based on the damage type. So you'll need to kill X heat based liches for that specific ephemera.

How about X=30