Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't Ruinous Extension be an Exilus mod?

Braneman

Basically it seems like it's just a projectile velocity mod for beam weapons, same with Sinister Reach, I don't think these mods can compete with more damage since you can just... well bullet jump closer to an enemy. I can't think of a reason why they can't fit into the exilus slot.

• Like 3

It makes no sense to have flight speed available and not range for beam weapons, when they basically are the same thing. If i had to guess it's because they don't want ignis to be even better... But then again, they could just nerf the range on ignis and make range mods exilus so other weapons benefit from it.

Projectile speed doesn't affect DPS any more than range does. It pushes back the damage falloff ranges and alters clustering on at least some weapons, but it still has no direct effect on DPS. 

In any case, it's projectile speed that's already considered exilus, while beam range isn't, so it can still only be an oversight.

2 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

Projectile speed doesn't affect DPS any more than range does.

It kinda does, though.

2 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

It pushes back the damage falloff ranges

So you'll be doing more damage a lot of the time than you would be doing without it.

Also, for guns like Catchmoon, the extended range allowing you to hit more enemies at once, I'd call that a DPS increase, as well.

Sure, maybe it's not a "direct" one, but it's still a significant increase in enemy pwnage nonetheless,
and would thus make +Beam Range (and +Blast Radius I still say) fair game.

I don't think anyone said it shouldn't qualify, and my next sentence was that it should. I can't quite tell whether NigglesAU implying the opposite, or stating like I was that it should obviously qualify.

I agree on blast radius too and for similar reasons, but if I'm honest, I would consider it a bad idea if they had a bigger % effect. Right now, blast radius mods are just not worth a mod slot that could be contributing to total damage. If they were stronger, they'd be worth using in some builds. If that stronger version was an exilus, it'd be mandatory for every launcher, and then it's defeating the purpose of exilus slots again.

Sorry meant to say

projectile speed makes something be hit more often in same space of time (assuming you can aim) - higher DPS.

Increased range - prevents falloff in snipers - wouldnt increase in DPS (fire rate would for example). Rifles/secondaries, allows you to hit something further away but wouldnt increase damage overtime (u couldnt hit it in the first place). 

3 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Increased range - prevents falloff in snipers

Hm, you keep bringing up +Range and Snipers together, I thought you just worded it weirdly the first time, but guess not?

Mods like Sinister Reach increase the range of Beam weapons (and can't be equipped on Snipers, Exilus or not).

For improving falloff ranges, be it Catchmoon & co or a hitscan weapon, you want +Flight Speed.