Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can y'all stop bringing more warframes pls?

LestryusYggdrus

For real, can y'all stop bringing more warframes? we have 41 warframes and not even half is used, i don't see a Baruuk, a Garuda, Grendel....a lot of warframes aren't being used, and you all just keep pushing more warframe even more, we literally gonna have a new engineer to kill Vauban, Wisp already killed a lot of warframes.

Is it for money? i give you money, FOR FASHION!!!

A lot of warframe players (including me) Take fashion as endgame, so why not put "new warframe" effort into "new fashion" effort? More deluxe skins, more things for operator, more things for the Dojo. Or give us more playable content, focus on New War, Duviri, RailJack (Man RailJack can be the hell of a good endgame).

Y'all wanna mess with warframes? So why not do a rework in all of them like Ash "AsH iS goOd HeS StRipS aRmOr", ye...my redeemer, my CP, my heat and corrosive dmg, my goddam sarpa do it too.

I really feel that those warframes are just for more money, Gauss isn't, since the beginning of Gauss idea you all said "Our players always do things the fast as possible, so we gonna make a warframe based in this idead of speed", this is Design, now Grendel, Baruuk, Garuda....they don't even have a meta of why they are existing, im not speaking about lore i'm speaking about design.

Thank you for reading, have a good day.

Edited by DarkMetor
  • Like 1

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't used. Secondly, considering many of the people that design warframes aren't 100% the same people that do other content, its not like new WFs being designed impacts other areas significantly. Cant ask the sound guys to start working on fashion frame content can you now? They are also very unlikely to do that considering new WFs are not only a huge factor in keeping players interested, its also likely pretty lucrative for them.

IMO, i'll be fine with them not making new WFS when they literally have no good ideas left

Edited by StinkyPygmy
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, DarkMetor said:

Yeah, i get that, statistics exist, but you know, some times common sense can be better, more about feeling than knowing.

In  some other situations yeah, i can agree. But in this case i dunno, i feel like this is definitely a situation where numbers are a little bit important. In anycase, i see your POV, but the creation of new WFs doesn't exactly 100% impact other content, cause diff departments and stuff. Unlikely DE would go for that considering how many people it would not only massively disappointed but how much money they would lose.

1 minute ago, StinkyPygmy said:

In  some other situations yeah, i can agree. But in this case i dunno, i feel like this is definitely a situation where numbers are a little bit important. In anycase, i see your POV, but the creation of new WFs doesn't exactly 100% impact other content, cause diff departments and stuff. Unlikely DE would go for that considering how many people it would not only massively disappointed but how much money they would lose.

I can agree with you, but still think that warframes should be more in a Design way than just for money, how i mentioned about Gauss.

Just now, DarkMetor said:

I can agree with you, but still think that warframes should be more in a Design way than just for money, how i mentioned about Gauss.

oh 100%. I'm not saying they are doing just for money. Juts a point i thought worth mentioning as to why they aren't likely to stop, from a business perspective. All that being said, I get how it can feel like we're reaching the limits of how many WFS we can have.  But the way i look at it, its that WFs are kind of like pokemon (just not as many options) in that we're given a large amount of tools and variety, with some overlap.to appeal to a huge amount of people. so sure, some will get left behind in popularity, but the option is there. If i genuianly felt it impacted other areas of the game significantly, i might 100% agree, but not to sure what the devs working on WFS would do outside of that. would make some staff very redundant at times

2 hours ago, DarkMetor said:

For real, can y'all stop bringing more warframes? we have 41 warframes and not even half is used, i don't see a Baruuk, a Garuda, Grendel....a lot of warframes aren't being used, and you all just keep pushing more warframe even more, we literally gonna have a new engineer to kill Vauban, Wisp already killed a lot of warframes.

Is it for money? i give you money, FOR FASHION!!!

A lot of warframe players (including me) Take fashion as endgame, so why not put "new warframe" effort into "new fashion" effort? More deluxe skins, more things for operator, more things for the Dojo. Or give us more playable content, focus on New War, Duviri, RailJack (Man RailJack can be the hell of a good endgame).

Y'all wanna mess with warframes? So why not do a rework in all of them like Ash "AsH iS goOd HeS StRipS aRmOr", ye...my redeemer, my CP, my heat and corrosive dmg, my goddam sarpa do it too.

I really feel that those warframes are just for more money, Gauss isn't, since the beginning of Gauss idea you all said "Our players always do things the fast as possible, so we gonna make a warframe based in this idead of speed", this is Design, now Grendel, Baruuk, Garuda....they don't even have a meta of why they are existing, im not speaking about lore i'm speaking about design.

Thank you for reading, have a good day.

Well, Garuda and Gauss are two of my more used frames. Plus, ya, more frames do provide more money and us players more things to do. It is a win-win. 

And Gauss is not used for speed. I can mod any frame for that. He is used for damage and survivability. 

DE face a problem of their playerbase being a bunch of hype junkies. Only a small portion of players understands that rebalances and reworks ARE content, because it's literally a new way to play the game. Everyone else only looks for a NEW GUN, NEW FRAME, NEW GAME MODE.

Even if DE wanted to stop releasing new things, as of now they probably can't. Luckily, it seems more and more people realize that it can't keep going that way, during the recent stream devs acknowledged that the current content-loop(release a broken shiny, forget about it because need to release new shiny) is problematic and that people ask for fixes.

It's a hard thing to balance. Don't forget that new frames might bring new mechanics and rework ideas for the old ones. Not releasing any and instead switching to fashion only would lead Warframe down the TF2 path and it's not something I want to see. 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't used. Secondly, considering many of the people that design warframes aren't 100% the same people that do other content, its not like new WFs being designed impacts other areas significantly. Cant ask the sound guys to start working on fashion frame content can you now? They are also very unlikely to do that considering new WFs are not only a huge factor in keeping players interested, its also likely pretty lucrative for them.

IMO, i'll be fine with them not making new WFS when they literally have no good ideas left

The majority of the guys who design new warframes most likely could work on making new fashion skins and re-working warframe abilities. Deluxe skins might even get new sounds which would include even more of same same.

I wonder why they can't use some actual good warframe ideas by players/fans like that one I've seen, a Puppet Master. That was actually  dope.

As for new warframes I wouldn't mind a break in adding more of new frames and instead catch up with Prime versions, fix some + maybe add some actual Umbra ones...  hm?

Other than that I kinda agree with @StinkyPygmy and @Lone_Dude tbh.

23 hours ago, DarkMetor said:

we literally gonna have a new engineer to kill Vauban

Oh dear...

Is this 'kill Vauban' in the way that Gauss was supposed to 'kill Volt', or in the way that Garuda was supposed to 'kill Valkyr'? Oh, oh, how about the way that any new fire-based frame was supposed to 'kill Ember' when they announced that Nezha would lay down fire (which was funny given how many Ember defenders there were and still are, and how many people claimed Ember was/is dead anyway)? Or how about how Ivara's permanent invis was supposed to 'kill Loki'?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, DarkMetor said:

we literally gonna have a new engineer to kill Vauban

Oh please...

People said Gauss will kill Volt... And that never happened.

Same with Garuda replacing Valkyr, and that never happened either.

This isn't anything new that warframe kinds overlap with existing ones, and so is the fact that all of them failed to "replace" existing warframes.

10 hours ago, Frendh said:

The majority of the guys who design new warframes most likely could work on making new fashion skins and re-working warframe abilities. Deluxe skins might even get new sounds which would include even more of same same.

Animators and character designers are not coders. Unless they happen to have both skills and have studied both. Generally though, no, you don't ask an artist to start coding and reworking mechanics. Its like asking an accountant to produce and master an album. Unless they have experience in both, its safe to assume they can't get the job done.

Edited by StinkyPygmy
  • Like 3

This sounds a lot more like a rant than feedback. Kind of better to keep it a bit more constructive buuuuut...

The issue with more Warframes getting released is actually a sort of problem since there's already existing Warframes whose kits aren't updated or "modernized". While instead of changing them they just insert new ones to fit new roles, while old ones just fall behind.

It is also not exactly content, but a way to experience the content and find ways to benefit the best and how to engage the content.

In terms of thematics it looks invading towards already existing Warframes themes, even in appearance, Examples:

1. Odalisk's thematics is of having gadgets, the preview animation set showed balls just like Vauban, "tactician", literally defines Vauban.
  2. Grendel's aesthetics and base helmet, his model & ability colors are alike Rhino's and his helmet looks a lot more like a Rhinoceros than Rhino himself.

I'm not sure as to if or how they are just for money, when they release a Warframe they put them behind the latest and most difficult content possible so it feels bad new players just have a "character" unable to be unlocked unless lots of hours are spent or simply buying with plat. Gladly, Grendel wasn't RNG but he was behind having done quite a lot of Arbitrations... so... who knows.

I really don't think more Warframes should release as often as they did, a lot of the kits need updating, bugfixing since years and releasing more Warframes means adding more to the workload, which more often than not is ignored and generates discontent in the community, e.g. Titania's companion still goes to the Shadow Realm whenever she uses Razorwing.

On 2020-01-23 at 9:57 AM, DarkMetor said:

Most people don't have those warframes cause they aren't on a planet and require you to do more then kill "X boss" to get the parts. 

Having more warframes means more playstyles. Wisp is good, but she hardly kills alot of warframes. 

I really enjoy Garuda, Revenant Nidus and Gauss. Garuda is extremely op. Same with Revenant and Nidus is nigh unkillable. Gauss is just fun. 

Saying there are too many warframes is like saying there are too muck duty in call of duty... 

Or that there are too many legends in league of legends... 

More warframes are fine, and the tennogen are there to make any skins you want. (Not to hate on de, but a lot of the best skins are Tennogen.) 

DE can stop making frames when they reach 100. 

5 hours ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:
  1. Grendel's aesthetics and base helmet, his model & ability colors are alike Rhino's and his helmet looks a lot more like a Rhinoceros than Rhino himself.

I'm not sure as to if or how they are just for money, when they release a Warframe they put them behind the latest and most difficult content possible so it feels bad new players just have a "character" unable to be unlocked unless lots of hours are spent or simply buying with plat. Gladly, Grendel wasn't RNG but he was behind having done quite a lot of Arbitrations... so... who knows.

I really don't think more Warframes should release as often as they did, a lot of the kits need updating, bugfixing since years and releasing more Warframes means adding more to the workload, which more often than not is ignored and generates discontent in the community, e.g. Titania's companion still goes to the Shadow Realm whenever she uses Razorwing.

I disagree. Rhino's aren't known for eating things or bouncing around. Especially for not chewing them up and spitting them out. Rhinos are herbivores. 

If Gauss could run around and ragdoll enemies he ran into, he'd act more like a rhino ability wise then grendel. Charge and Ironskin fit the Rhino theme well enough. 

You can say whatever you want about the booben alternative. To me its just about giving you an alternative. Kinda like how Frost and Gara can both fill similar rolls in a defense mission. It really doesn't bother me that certain frames have similarities.