Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Early Christmass? 15 Shards for Tenebrous Ephemera...

BlackVortex

I didn't mind too much that the Tenebrous Ephemera was going to be a non-RNG grind instead of a RNG grind
but 15 shards? are you kidding me?

from what I understood that means 8 completed runs to get it. Which means around 1-2 hours of play

for the people that already have gotten it the old way this is a big slap in the face

most of us literally wasted up to around a hundred hours trying to get it

200 tokens would have been more appropriate considering the spawn chance of the cache was less than 1% per run and the drop chance of the Ephemera was not 100% per cache

edit:
considering I only own 1 Lich Ephemera, how about making that spawn rate 100%?
in that case it still costs more time than getting the Tenebrous Ephemera and it's a lot more tedious

Edited by BlackVortex

11 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

for the people that already have gotten it the old way this is a big slap in the face

Trying to make it like the Hema Research or the Universal Medallion not applying to Conclave? The Ephemera's original method of acquisition is a double layered RNG that dips below 2% at best, with a very limited time window. That goes against the original intent of Ephemeras.

You may have suffered for it, but do not dare impose it on everyone else (Plains at launch).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

its just a ephemera bro do i have to grind harder so u could feel better

nope, but if you want the ephemera you need to put in the work like everyone else had to (minus the lucky ones who got it in one run)
everything else in this game is a RNG grind, I had and still have to grind for that stuff I don't have

9 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

That goes against the original intent of Ephemeras.

From what I understood the original intent was to be rewarded by accomplishing a challenging achievement.
How is completing 8 missions in less than 2 hours of the sentient anomaly an achievement?

9 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

You may have suffered for it, but do not dare impose it on everyone else (Plains at launch).

this ephemera just went from the hardest to get ephemera to the easiest to get ephemera

do you think that's fair?

Edited by BlackVortex

3 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

this ephemera just went from the hardest to get ephemera to the easiest to get ephemera

how does that impact you if someone else dont have to grind? arent we playing for fun first of?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

Fae Path is easier to get: Enable 2FA and you get it.  With this you still need to complete enough anomalies to get the shards, which means being on when the anomaly shows up.

And I doubt you really suffered for it.  I knew people who got it in 3 or 4 runs without much effort.
It was pure luck, not effort or grind.
Now it actually takes a defined amount of time to get instead of pure RNG BS...and it also cuts down on the people who would rush the anomaly, not get the drop, and then immediately abandon the mission.

In the end this is better for pretty much everyone.

6 minutes ago, Wrum said:

yes it is the excal prime cant come back because its founder exclusive and is legally unable to come back due to a contract.

show me where it says they are legally prohibited from selling founders packs again

3 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

And I doubt you really suffered for it.  I knew people who got it in 3 or 4 runs without much effort.

you thought wrong, took me about 500-900 speed runs which roughly translates into 100-200 hours

8 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Now it actually takes a defined amount of time to get instead of pure RNG BS...and it also cuts down on the people who would rush the anomaly, not get the drop, and then immediately abandon the mission.

I agree they should remove RNG, but the amount of effort it takes now is a joke, I waste more than double that time just to complete one lich and that lich only has a 10% spawn chance for the ephemera

9 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Fae Path is easier to get

that's subjective, there are people who waste a lot of time enabling 2FA

Imagine running it 500-900 times and NOT getting it, and then this update arrives. What a relief.

Imagine running the missions like you're supposed to (finishing it each time, not rushing the anomaly and aborting if no cache is there, ruining the mission with host migrations and other issues caused by the toxic behavior the farm for this cosmetic, and realistically, the weapon as well) and now this update comes along and makes your method the only way to get it, where these people are no longer incentivized to ruin your time. What a relief.

Overall, good for the game. I'm sorry you pushed ahead against the stupid RNG and wasted so much time. I'm glad future generations won't have to deal with it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Imagine running it 500-900 times and NOT getting it, and then this update arrives. What a relief.

Imagine running the missions like you're supposed to (finishing it each time, not rushing the anomaly and aborting if no cache is there, ruining the mission with host migrations and other issues caused by the toxic behavior the farm for this cosmetic, and realistically, the weapon as well) and now this update comes along and makes your method the only way to get it, where these people are no longer incentivized to ruin your time. What a relief.

Overall, good for the game. I'm sorry you pushed ahead against the stupid RNG and wasted so much time. I'm glad future generations won't have to deal with it.

I ran solo every time
it's not the non-RNG thats a slap in the face, it's the lack of effort it takes now which is

1 hour ago, BlackVortex said:

I didn't mind too much that the Tenebrous Ephemera was going to be a non-RNG grind instead of a RNG grind
but 15 shards? are you kidding me?

from what I understood that means 8 completed runs to get it. Which means around 1-2 hours of play

200 tokens would have been more appropriate considering the spawn chance of the cache was less than 1% per run and the drop chance of the Ephemera was not 100% per cache

edit:
considering I only own 1 Lich Ephemera, how about making that spawn rate 100%?
in that case it still costs more time than getting the Tenebrous Ephemera and it's a lot more tedious

Repeat with me:

Nobody told me I had to farm this the first day it was released.
I could have farmed it in a passive way doing the mission when I had time.
Having or not the ephemera doesn't change my game experience.

I'm sorry but no. I won't accept another Hema crap. You farmed it the first days? Good for you, it's what happens when an early adopter wants something. They will pay a higher price for having it sooner. In this case, the "price" was the grind.

You invested an amount of time and now it changes, well... I got news for you: it's life.

Look at it this way:

Imagine someone had lost a family member to an illness because there was no vaccine for it. Now there's a vaccine but this person starts a campaign saying that the vaccine shouldn't be administered because it would be unfair to them given how they lost a family member for the vaccine not existing before. See how nonsensical and selfish it sounds?

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
typo

1 hour ago, BlackVortex said:

same reason some people don't want excalibur/lato/skana prime to be re-released

I'm A-OK with Excalibur Prime/Skana Prime/Lato Prime to be re-released. But the fact that we paid for them as opposed to grinding for an Ephemera are very different things. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

How is completing 8 missions in less than 2 hours of the sentient anomaly an achievement?

RNG is never considered a "challenge". See Kuva Liches as an painful example, as well as the first sets of Ephemeras (except Bleeding).

48 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

show me where it says they are legally prohibited from selling founders packs again

This was when DE and Warframe were struggling financially. The people who brought the Founders Pack were one of the reasons why Warframe still exist today. 

59 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

Not including the Bleeding Step, which is one of the more legitimate Ephemeras that stayed close to the original intent of Ephemeras?

For the majority who haven't gotten single Captura or the Ephemera, 65 Shards will take around a month or even more considering that not everyone plays 24/7 and that the Anomaly rotates a lot slower than Eidolon Hunts (2.75 Hours compared to 1.67 Hours). This is far more fair than the double layered RNG, which again is not a fair form of "challenge" you consider

38 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

I'm glad future generations won't have to deal with it.

I'm also glad you realize how beneficial the change is, like the Plains economy. Remember when we have to craft the Arcanes one by one, with Magus Husk needing 7100 Cryotic before being reduced to 710 for a single Arcane? Majority of the players in the game do not have 71000 Cryotics, especially 710000. It is a shame that the Hema Research and Universal Medallions has repeated this "slap to the face" arguments to "veterans", while still remaining unresolved.

• Like 2