Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Early Christmass? 15 Shards for Tenebrous Ephemera...

BlackVortex

1 minute ago, Duality52 said:

This was when DE and Warframe were struggling financially. The people who brought the Founders Pack were one of the reasons why Warframe still exist today. 

show me that contract that disables them of re-releasing founders packs

RNG is never considered a "challenge". See Kuva Liches as an painful example, as well as the first sets of Ephemeras (except Bleeding).

Not including the Bleeding Step, which is one of the more legitimate Ephemeras that stayed close to the original intent of Ephemeras?

For the majority who haven't gotten single Captura or the Ephemera, 65 Shards will take around a month or even more considering that not everyone plays 24/7 and that the Anomaly rotates a lot slower than Eidolon Hunts (2.75 Hours compared to 1.67 Hours). This is far more fair than the double layered RNG, which again is not a fair form of "challenge" you consider

I'm not complaining about the removal of the RNG, but 15 shards is a joke and a slap in the face of the people that spent a hundred hours getting it

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Repeat with me:

Nobody told me I had to farm this the first day it was released.
I could have farmed it in a passive way doing the mission when I had time.
Having or not the ephemera doesn't change my game experience.

I'm sorry but no. I won't accept another Hema crap. You farmed it the first days? Good for you, it's what happens when an early adopter wants something. They will pay a higher price for having it sooner. In this case, the "price" was the grind.

You invested an amount of time and now it changes, well... I got news for you: it's life.

Look at it this way:

Imagine someone had lost a family member to an illness because there was no vaccine for it. Now there's a vaccine but this person starts a campaign saying that the vaccine shouldn't be administered because it would be unfair to them given how they lost a family member for the vaccine not existing before. See how nonsensical and selfish it sounds?

I started farming this in the first or second week after release, only got it about a week ago 10 minutes before they announced it was going to be a token system

So i farmed it on nearly every anomaly for a month

Just now, BlackVortex said:

I started farming this in the first or second week after release, only got it about a week ago 10 minutes before they announced it was going to be a token system

So i farmed it on nearly every anomaly for a month

"As an iron lung user, I feel the polio vaccine is a slap in the face for people like me who got the illness before it was invented. It shouldn't be given to anyone at all because they should all live in an iron lung like I do."

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Repeat with me:

Nobody told me I had to farm this the first day it was released.
I could have farmed it in a passive way doing the mission when I had time.
Having or not the ephemera doesn't change my game experience.

I'm sorry but no. I won't accept another Hema crap. You farmed it the first days? Good for you, it's what happens when an early adopter wants something. They will pay a higher price for having it sooner. In this case, the "price" was the grind.

You invested an amount of time and now it changes, well... I got news for you: it's life.

Look at it this way:

Imagine someone had lost a family member to an illness because there was no vaccine for it. Now there's a vaccine but this person starts a campaign saying that the vaccine shouldn't be administered because it would be unfair to them given how they lost a family member for the vaccine not existing before. See how nonsensical and selfish it sounds?

Dang, you beat me to it. 

Just now, (NSW)Belaptir said:

"As an iron lung user, I feel the polio vaccine is a slap in the face for people like me who got the illness before it was invented. It shouldn't be given to anyone at all because they should all live in an iron lung like I do."

your logic is skewed

2 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

but 15 shards is a joke and a slap in the face of the people that spent a hundred hours getting it

As you continue to neglect the time rotation of the Anomaly.

The Anomaly rotates 2.75 Hours (2 Hours and 45 Minutes), while remaining active for around 30 minutes. With recent change, that results in at best a single run or two if you have a good team to finish the rest of the objectives.

Now take that into account of how you need 65 Shards for everything else unless you get lucky. 

For the transition of Arbitrations 1.0 to 2.0, where Vitus Essence cost increased by around 50%, but Vitus Essence in turn became easier to farm. Do you see people complaining about how the change was a "slap in the face" to the people who farmed for everything else prior to the change?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

RNG is never considered a "challenge". See Kuva Liches as an painful example, as well as the first sets of Ephemeras (except Bleeding).

This was when DE and Warframe were struggling financially. The people who brought the Founders Pack were one of the reasons why Warframe still exist today. 

Not including the Bleeding Step, which is one of the more legitimate Ephemeras that stayed close to the original intent of Ephemeras?

For the majority who haven't gotten single Captura or the Ephemera, 65 Shards will take around a month or even more considering that not everyone plays 24/7 and that the Anomaly rotates a lot slower than Eidolon Hunts (2.75 Hours compared to 1.67 Hours). This is far more fair than the double layered RNG, which again is not a fair form of "challenge" you consider

I'm also glad you realize how beneficial the change is, like the Plains economy. Remember when we have to craft the Arcanes one by one, with Magus Husk needing 7100 Cryotic before being reduced to 710 for a single Arcane? Majority of the players in the game do not have 71000 Cryotics, especially 710000. It is a shame that the Hema Research and Universal Medallions has repeated this "slap to the face" arguments to "veterans", while still remaining unresolved.

Speaking of lich ephemeras. I got 3 on my first 10 attempts but I couldn’t trade till part 2 of the update and I couldn’t find how I was suppose to share them till after I’ve already killed all 10 liches. Took a few days before I found out how to share ephemeras. Then I got 2 more ephemeras and shared it with one dude while he shared 1 with me. I converted/killed about 40 liches while another guy did twice as much. I now have 6/7 ephemeras while he has 0/7. He is pretty ticked off. Has not hunted a lich since a little bit before Ivara prime release. 

Ive made like 200 runs so far towards the Sentient anomaly and still haven’t found a rare container. Not to mention every one of those times I was host migrated back to back to back. Sometimes got stuck in a permanent loading screen. So I stopped even trying to farm for the Ephemera or Umbra Forma until the hot fixes finally arrive on consoles. 

Now I’m finding out that DE is gonna make it easier and less of a major annoyance but some other player thinks that it should remain the same? Are you kidding me. Talk about a selfish no life.

I’ve played this game going on 4 years now. I logged in everyday(minus a couple of months) and there are hundreds of new things that has made the game easier. And how do I feel about them? I mixer of “I don’t care” and gratitude. Why? Well for starters I don’t care that I “wasted my time and effort” for the game to be made less annoying. If anything I’m honored to have CONTRIBUTED to the improvement of the game. And I glad that now any new players who play this game won’t require me going through all that BS again to help them. One dude lost his account 2 times. Glad I don’t have to go through all those grinds to help him regain everything he lost and then some.  

God, people really need to get over themselves and realize that the entire solar system does NOT revolve around them and their “feelings”. Games are meant to be improved. Otherwise Warframe wouldn’t even exist right now without it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Speaking of lich ephemeras. I got 3 on my first 10 attempts but I couldn’t trade till part 2 of the update and I couldn’t find how I was suppose to share them till after I’ve already killed all 10 liches. Took a few days before I found out how to share ephemeras. Then I got 2 more ephemeras and shared it with one dude while he shared 1 with me. I converted/killed about 40 liches while another guy did twice as much. I now have 6/7 ephemeras while he has 0/7. He is pretty ticked off. Has not hunted a lich since a little bit before Ivara prime release. 

Ive made like 200 runs so far towards the Sentient anomaly and still haven’t found a rare container. Not to mention every one of those times I was host migrated back to back to back. Sometimes got stuck in a permanent loading screen. So I stopped even trying to farm for the Ephemera or Umbra Forma until the hot fixes finally arrive on consoles. 

Now I’m finding out that DE is gonna make it easier and less of a major annoyance but some other player thinks that it should remain the same? Are you kidding me. Talk about a selfish no life.

I’ve played this game going on 4 years now. I logged in everyday(minus a couple of months) and there are hundreds of new things that has made the game easier. And how do I feel about them? I mixer of “I don’t care” and gratitude. Why? Well for starters I don’t care that I “wasted my time and effort” for the game to be made less annoying. If anything I’m honored to have CONTRIBUTED to the improvement of the game. And I glad that now any new players who play this game won’t require me going through all that BS again to help them. One dude lost his account 2 times. Glad I don’t have to go through all those grinds to help him regain everything he lost and then some.  

God, people really need to get over themselves and realize that the entire solar system does NOT revolve around them and their “feelings”. Games are meant to be improved. Otherwise Warframe wouldn’t even exist right now without it. 

Thank you

16 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

As you continue to neglect the time rotation of the Anomaly.

The Anomaly rotates 2.75 Hours (2 Hours and 45 Minutes), while remaining active for around 30 minutes. With recent change, that results in at best a single run or two if you have a good team to finish the rest of the objectives.

Now take that into account of how you need 65 Shards for everything else unless you get lucky. 

For the transition of Arbitrations 1.0 to 2.0, where Vitus Essence cost increased by around 50%, but Vitus Essence in turn became easier to farm. Do you see people complaining about how the change was a "slap in the face" to the people who farmed for everything else prior to the change?

yep, the Arbitration change was a nerf to players who knew how to properly play the game, it only got easier for the masses

35 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

It is? Where exactly? You're applying this exact reasoning: You suffered to farm it, now that it changed and got better for the new arrivals you are opposing to it because you got it the hard way.

it's economics 101

A pays 100 for object
BCDE and F only have to pay 1 for the same object

object loses worth, but A still paid 100 for it so lost 99 on it

it was an incredibly rare item to have which in fashion frame world(end game) is important for bragging rights, street creds and respect
now that value has been completely removed

I'm sorry this was too hard for you to understand on your own

drop chance was around 0.2% per run, it would only be fair that once the RNG was removed the same rarity was applied to the token system, which clearly was not

Edited by BlackVortex

I personally don't care that they made the ephemera obtainable (before, it was pretty much a myth). I do find it annoying however that all the runs we did beforehand didn't count and didn't give us any essences retro-actively , meaning anyone that spend alot of time in there now has to do a second time, this time for rewards. Again not a huge deal , but it adds up with the fact we've been running missions with 2% drop rates and that reward 1 ressource instead of 1500 like on PC for months now, and begs the question of why even bother playing RJ in it's current state , since we're not getting the intended , fixed rewards for our efforts.

Just hope future updates will get the grind numbers right the first time, instead of letting frustration fester for months and people burn out before it's eventually fixed. I mean, it happened with Cetus, Fortuna, Liches and RJ, and I fully expect this to happen again in the future. Spend more time balancing your drop % and ensuring the economy is balanced before releasing an update DE, otherwise you're punishing your early adopters.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

1 minute ago, BlackVortex said:

it's economics 101

A pays 100 for object
BCDE and F only have to pay 1 for the same object

object loses worth, but A still paid 100 for it so lost 99 on it

it was an incredibly rare item to have which in fashion frame world(end game) is important for bragging rights, street creds and respect
now that value has been completely removed

I'm sorry this was too hard for you to understand on your own

All I read here is "it's unfair that something I got in a game and has no value at all is now more easily accessible for the rest of the world". And it sounds incredibly selfish, childish and petty.

Also, point still applies: it's development 101. You got it the hard way, someone came up with a better way of farming to make it easier for the rest and you are salty because... because everything has to be about you? Uhm... I'm sorry to be the one breaking it up to you but the universe doesn't revolve around your personal feelings.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

All I read here is "it's unfair that something I got in a game and has no value at all is now more easily accessible for the rest of the world". And it sounds incredibly selfish, childish and petty.

Also, point still applies: it's development 101. You got it the hard way, someone came up with a better way of farming to make it easier for the rest and you are salty because... because everything has to be about you? Uhm... I'm sorry to be the one breaking it up to you but the universe doesn't revolve around your personal feelings.

All I read is: I don't care other people are being treated unfairly if it gives me an advantage

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Again it's not about "having gotten it the hard way". It's about "NOT getting it the hard way due to low drop % rates" after hundred of runs, then having to run another hundred runs to get the new ressources and afford the ephemera and captura scenes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

200 tokens would have been more appropriate considering the spawn chance of the cache was less than 1% per run and the drop chance of the Ephemera was not 100% per cache

Yeah, but you weren't completing those missions were you? Join an anomaly mission, race to the anomaly, rinse every cache without waiting for anyone else, quit because you didn't get it and repeat, sometimes 5 or more times in a single appearance.

for the people that already have gotten it the old way this is a big slap in the face

They were never supposed to get it that way. This weird obsessive behaviour should not be rewarded.

most of us literally wasted up to around a hundred hours trying to get it

[My emphasis] yup. You knew it was a buggy exploit when you did it.

from what I understood that means 8 completed runs to get it. Which means around 1-2 hours of play

Seems about right. Though 8 runs in 2 hours is 1 run per 15 mins, which is not typical, especially as you have to complete the mission and there's always a secondary objective. More like 1 run per 30-45 mins. And most people can't schedule their day around anomaly appearances and so will only see one every other day, and only get to beat it once in each appearance.

Most players will get it in around 2 weeks, playing for an hour or two every day, which seems fair.

200 is crazy, that will take most players over a year and even dedicating your live to the anomaly schedule the absolute quickest they could get it would be in about a month playing night and day, or two if they sleep.

I think you've bought into your own hype on this ephemera, like it's some other garbage Veblen product like diamonds or limited run sneakers that make you special because you own it. That isn't healthy, and I don't think DE want it because it's so toxic for the game (though amazing if you're De Beers or Supreme).

Just now, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Again it's not about "having gotten it the hard way". It's about "NOT getting it the hard way due to low drop % rates" after hundred of runs, then having to run another hundred runs to get the new ressources and afford the ephemera and captura scenes.

But with this new system you won't have to run it a hundred times. It's actually much easier. The good thing of this one is that you'll get it in much less time!

3 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

All I read is: I don't care other people are being treated unfairly if it gives me an advantage

Yeah, that's pretty much what you are saying. Oh no, wait, you're saying "everything should be done to please ME, because MUH BRAGGIN' RIGHTS!"

4 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yeah, but you weren't completing those missions were you? Join an anomaly mission, race to the anomaly, rinse every cache without waiting for anyone else, quit because you didn't get it and repeat, sometimes 5 or more times in a single appearance.

around 900 uncompleted missions which take around 3-5 minutes each (2700-4500 minutes total) vs 200 completed missions which take around 10-20 minutes each (2000-4000 minutes total) is fair imho

They were never supposed to get it that way. This weird obsessive behaviour should not be rewarded.

getting it in that manner while completing the mission would have taken thousands of hours, DE knows speed running is a method of obtaining drops in Warframe or are you saying they are ignorant?

[My emphasis] yup. You knew it was a buggy exploit when you did it.

nothing is a buggy exploit about aborting a mission, you can do the same thing in every other mission of warframe if you are looking for a certain drop, the rarity of the cache justified this type of speed running, it's not my fault some people are incapable of speed running due to a lack of skill/gear

9 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

200 is crazy, that will take most players over a year and even dedicating your live to the anomaly schedule the absolute quickest they could get it would be in about a month playing night and day, or two if they sleep.

no pain go gain, it was the rarest ephemera, not anymore

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what you are saying. Oh no, wait, you're saying "everything should be done to please ME, because MUH BRAGGIN' RIGHTS!"

the pot calling the kettle black

let me ask you one thing:
do you think it's fair towards the players who spent around a hundred hours into this that now everyone is able to get it in 1-2 hours of playing?
a simple yes or no will suffice.

Edited by BlackVortex

You're playing a game that is in development. Things can change at any time. Some of these may benefit you. Some of these may not benefit you. Some of these changes you might love. Some of these changes you might hate.

Welcome to life. DE decided that the horrible way that you got it needed changing. So they changed it. In the future they might change it again, but I doubt they'll make it as grindy as you suggest it should be.

The new way to get it is better for everyone that still wanted it. I've spent somewhere over a 100 runs trying to get it and all I got was captura scenes. This way will still cost a decent chunk of time, but won't be as crazy as before. It's a good thing. Don't like it? Too bad. No doubt there have been / will be more changes you won't like either, and neither will I. Such is life.

9 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

You're playing a game that is in development. Things can change at any time. Some of these may benefit you. Some of these may not benefit you. Some of these changes you might love. Some of these changes you might hate.

Welcome to life. DE decided that the horrible way that you got it needed changing. So they changed it. In the future they might change it again, but I doubt they'll make it as grindy as you suggest it should be.

The new way to get it is better for everyone that still wanted it. I've spent somewhere over a 100 runs trying to get it and all I got was captura scenes. This way will still cost a decent chunk of time, but won't be as crazy as before. It's a good thing. Don't like it? Too bad. No doubt there have been / will be more changes you won't like either, and neither will I. Such is life.

clearly DE wanted the Tenebrous Ephemera to be the rarest Ephemera of all (I got 3 red caches in around 900 runs, I think I was really unlucky, average is probably higher)
so how come Lich Ephemeras are still +/- 30 hours per Ephemera while the Tenebrous just dropped from +/- 50 hours to +/- 2 hours

Edited by BlackVortex

11 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

let me ask you one thing:
do you think it's fair towards the players who spent around a hundred hours into this that now everyone is able to get it in 1-2 hours of playing?
a simple yes or no will suffice.

Yes, it's fair for two reasons:

the first one, which you don't seem to want to accept, is that nobody forced you to abort 900 missions by sending ED servers on tilt for an ephemera

as for the second reason, you can think you have earned the right to have this ephemera among the first, instead of having earned the ephemera itself.

I'm sure everyone who earns it from Little Duck will know that yours is more beautiful than theirs, and they will feel less good than you.

So always carry your ephemera with pride, knowing that you earned it by throwing away time in your life. Make yourself a big round of applause and move on with your life.