Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe has no challenge, period.

Power_Is_Everything

The game warframe has no challenge to it. If you were to have the standard equipment for each mission you could easily pass through each level.  If you are in this post and say the game is hard my reply is "no", you are simply not good at playing the game warframe. Although by all means keep playing the game to your hearts content, the more people that play the more stuff that happens in the game. The only thing that is a challenge in the game warframe is the reward system and even the map design. The enemies are no difficult, they simply take a lot of hits to kill. As a matter of fact, that is the only thing that makes the game difficult. The warframe abilities do not level the playing field, they "flip-the-table-over and shoot the opponent". Having a game mode were the odds are already not in your favor, then having enemies who do no block your abilities but resist it including the damage boosts provided by your abilities to force the squad to work together and get along or else fail the mission. It would be a good addition to the game, to give the new or casual players the entire star chart and special missions, but all the seasoned or veteran players have the hard mode except better rewards. I was thinking of an "Arbitrtation", but those need to stay as easy as they are so I can get some free items. In all honesty, it does not matter how long you make an arbitration, you will simply make it longer and less played. To be honest "Charming" abilities are the strongest thing in the game, because they let you get everything done. The only thing that could possibly be biased about this is the fact that this is coming from some who can play the game so well a mission cannot be failed, and they do even better solo, and I am not attempting to put my skill level into this post for the sake that it would make the concept of "difficulty" redundant. However I welcome all comments that want to focus on me and my skill level instead of the entire paragraph, because it is still a part of the subject just make sure you don't get the wrong idea about how I am attempting to communicate this to you because of how you see words, I mean even if you I don't care and will skip your comment.

Warframe, you need some new enemies, and most of all you need to update your factions. Especially the infested which are a joke.

3 minutes ago, Power_Is_Everything said:

If you were to have the standard equipment for each mission you could easily pass through each level.  If you are in this post and say the game is hard my reply is "no", you are simply not good at playing the game warframe.

There's a way to cheese everything with the right equipment. If you have anything but the, "right equipment," it's not that easy. You're welcome to try it.

According to DE survey majority of those who tooked it prefer to play warframe casualy and just have a chill time .

Also taking in changes to certen "chalanging tasks or enemys" that were introduced in the past and when their suden change in difficulty has made me conclude that maybe just maybe majority if comunity doesnt care or want any chalange and just want to have a chill time .

Eddit for tipos

Edited by bad4youLT
  • Like 1

There is challenge. But if you always play with the META you will never find it. Profit Taker is very fun if you play as Zephyr.

Try Tridolon without a Trinity and FrameBuffs (Chroma, Harrow, Rhino). Very Fun Fight. (Vazarin or Unairu to keet the lures alive)

All 3 Sorties without change the configuration?

Kuva Survival without Saryn, Nekros or Limbo... Nyx is the way to go!

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

Profit Taker is very fun if you play as Zephyr.

Fighting PT without Frames like Chroma Prime and Inaros is one of the ways to have fun in this Game until you let the Alerts go wild and the enemies are reaching one shot territory.

26 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

According to DE survey majority of those who tooked it prefer to play warframe casualy and just have a chill time .

Also taking in changes to certen "chalanging tasks or enemys" that were introduced in the past and when their suden change in difficulty has made me conclude that maybe just maybe majority if comunity doesnt care or want any chalange and just want to have a chill time .

Eddit for tipos

It was generally on the 'we want it' end, although admittedly more around 3's and 4's, but more importantly very few people put it as low priority.

Challenge can still be important to playing casually, just look at some of the year's award games. Sekiro, Jedi: Fallen Order, Devil May Cry... a lot of highly-rated games. The trick is that there needs to be the potential for challenge and something to push towards. A lot of casual grinding experiences are about that progression, and without challenge Warframe can lack that. Bear in mind difficulty and challenge, though related, aren't the same thing. There can still be a low-difficulty, chill experience, and it could even still be the primary focus, but it wouldn't need to be the only experience that's not infuriating.

For my money, I'm putting the root problem on the vast differences in enemy health between faction, and player health between builds. The former makes balancing weapons a near-impossibility, because designing for Grineer and Corpus is mutually exclusive - what's balanced for one will be horribly unbalanced for the other. This also applies to abilities, hence the Nuke Spam meta. Player health variance also makes it difficult for enemies to put up much of a fight - in the same way that DE can't reasonably balance weapons around Corpus and Infested health ranges, they can't reasonably balance enemy damage against anything but the squishiest players, because 0-margin-for-error experiences aren't very casual, and arguably aren't really very fun. A lot of other specific problems likely wind up spiraling out of there. For example, extreme cheesing potential is there because some level of cheese is required to deal with the Grineer, and thus designed for, but that means cheesy strats with these already off-balance items becomes even more pronounced.

This game is not about "challenge". It's about fun for 1 or 2 hours. Granted the definition of "fun" is different from person to person, but for all these years player base has been making artificial challenges in order to make this game "hard", but again with a current power creep in the game artificial challenge is not a challenge no matter how you look at it.

So ah yeah, find a warframe you like, play the missions you prefer and do not expect from this product more than it designed to be. Just try to have fun. If you can't there are other products on the market, there is plenty to chose from.

Edited by Kel_Silonius

53 minutes ago, Power_Is_Everything said:

If you were to have the standard equipment for each mission you could easily pass through each level.  If you are in this post and say the game is hard my reply is "no", you are simply not good at playing the game warframe.

Thank you for explaining how video games work. You play game, you earn better skills/equipment, your skills improve, game becomes easier. What game isn't easy to somebody who has played it lot, gotten the best things in it and mastered the mechanics of the game. I'm sure there are people out there that'll do perma death runs of souls-like games with high success runs. Speed runs of them too.

Yes the game has issues. But coming in here and acting like anybody who disagrees with you is just 'not good' is just going to get people's backs up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

Eddit for tipos

a survey of 27k players, when the average online player count is 50-70k as of recently via steam on pc.

That is 50-70k players on each hour, 27k is a small sample size.

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

That's one half to one third of the players on in any given hour. What about that sample size presents a problem?

The problem is 50-70k players on within the given hour could be a mixture of players constantly logging in and logging of for daily login rewards, briefly doing sorties, and more. I am assuming the steam chart takes the number of players online at that current time and not the number of players over the span of that hour.

Another problem stated here is that it was stated difficulty value was valued by half the player base.

17k out of 27k is not Half, it is much more than half.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Midas

7 minutes ago, Midas said:

The problem is 50-70k players on within the given hour could be a mixture of players constantly logging in and logging of for daily login rewards, briefly doing sorties, and more. I am assuming the steam chart takes the number of players online at that current time and not the number of players over the span of that hour.

Another problem stated here is that it was stated difficulty value was valued by half the player base.

17k out of 27k is not Half, it is much more than half.

unknown.png

unknown.png

27k responses is still not enough if we assume 5 Million Players active (based on steam achievements only ~10% have progressed through the game). I for one, would prefer some challenges if it was Optional and Soloable. This is why I never touch Raid because it doesn’t fit in my category because the mode has forced CO-OP and auto fail if less than 4 players is in the squad. Although, if DE decided to add a mini raid that is soloable  with the same drop table but lower chances I can get behind with that.

If you are new and lacking the gear, mods, frames, etc. Then you may have some challenges.  If you have just about everything then it will be pretty easy.  You could always handicap yourself to make it harder.

But here's the deal.  Not everyone plays for challenge.  If you are bored and enjoy nothing.  You are wasting your time of your own accord. 

Challenge does not = good/fun to everyone.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

This is why I never touch Raid because it doesn’t fit in my category because the mode has forced CO-OP and auto fail if less than 4 players is in the squad. Although, if DE decided to add a mini raid that is soloable  with the same drop table but lower chances I can get behind with that.

Raids are coop focused expirienced , its not solo expirience and if raid can be soloed when its not even a raid wich defeats whole purpose of having raid in the first place.