Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mecha mod set needs looking at.

Braneman

The effect of the full set is good, the effect of the Aura is good if you build around it, Mecha Recharge and Mecha Pulse are puzzling to be part of the same set. If you're building your warframe for armor then typically you entirely ignore your pet's shields because you have high armor/health so you don't really care about shield recharge, or you don't care about having more armor because your frame starts with 15 and even 300% extra would only bring you up to 60 total. Also shield specced warframes are vulnerable to toxin and slash procs which means your dog is double vulnerable to them and you should bring a sentinel instead, so I can't really see the point of Mecha recharge at all.

On top of that even if your dog isn't vulnerable to them because they're invisible 100% of the time having shields isn't going to help them that much, either they're going to drop the moment something grazes them or they're going to be fine, with how many mods are essential to keep on Kubrows(two full slots for link mods, pack leader, fetch, Kubrow Abilities, maul, bite) it's really hard to find room on a Kubrow to actually fit anything like this, the ideal situation would be to have Kubrows have seperate weapon and body for this sort of thing like Sentinels do but as it stands the only reason to put Mecha Recharge on a Kubrow is to complete the mecha set.

On top of all that the little icon that pops up for the mecha set is... well it's small and kinda hard to see in a fast paced game like this and it shows up on a random enemy, I have two suggestions to fix this, give the enemy a glow or something of your energy color, sort of like if they had got a cold proc or something to clearly mark their entire body as having the effect on it, and they should be marked on the minimap as well with the icon that floats above their heads.

• Like 1

I agree with what you have said here, but I would extend that Mecha Overdrive also needs looking at. It only allows you to add at most 60% status chance to your kubrow, and even if you somehow found room for all 4 60/60 pet mods you still wouldn't even get above 80%. Considering how slowly kubrows attack, anything less than 100% is mostly a waste. I can build a sentinel that can apply at least 2 statuses at a time to an enemy and can switch between enemies at will. Kubrows, when specifically modded for it, can sometimes apply 1 status to an enemy. This, combined with the way that the set effect works makes the +60% status chance on Overdrive rather lackluster. The extra duration is nice, but said extra duration doesn't carry over if you then use the set effect, making it far less useful.

il y a une heure, Braneman a dit :

On top of all that the little icon that pops up for the mecha set is... well it's small and kinda hard to see in a fast paced game like this and it shows up on a random enemy, I have two suggestions to fix this, give the enemy a glow or something of your energy color, sort of like if they had got a cold proc or something to clearly mark their entire body as having the effect on it, and they should be marked on the minimap as well with the icon that floats above their heads.

This is actually the worst part.
Regardless of the set strength, the little icon that is barely visible in enemy group and it make the main effect super hard to use.
To solve this, highlighting the marked target across walls would help, but the main thing I would do is a (spacsound notification whenever the pet mark a target and remove the marking duration, at least at max rank. Right know, the set is usable, but rely to much on random or luck to find the marked target.

The two things I would change regarding the Mecha mod set are: 

1. The ability to mark the target yourself with a visible recharge timer icon and larger marker, 

2. Change Mecha Recharge into either 30% extra armor or another 60% increase in status chance or even 60% bonus damage to targets afflicted by a status effect. In regards to the name, it could be changed to either Mecha Skin or Mecha Overload. 

Edited by (XB1)ZenithLord 42
Overload...

I would't mind the debuff being put on a random enemy, as long as that enemy is visible.
As it is now, I mostly kill the target "by accident" and that sux 😕

Also I completely agree with shift from shield recharge (useless on Kubrow) to any other useful attribute = health, armor, damage, CC, etc.

I like the idea of pets having theyr own "weapon" for modding. Cause there are TO MANY mods for them, but no room to actually use them and not nerf tank or dps or utility of pet.

Also this Mecha Recharge (personally i never bothered with the set, cause i dont want to sacrifice mod slots) need to give HP or armor or even better some DR, shield recharge might be useful up to like lvl 40s (well more like completely useless on pets).

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Redfeather75:

Please make the marked enemy glow instead.

And let them be marked on the map.

Am 24.1.2020 um 00:01 schrieb (XB1)ZenithLord 42:

2. Change Mecha Recharge into either 30% extra armor or another 60% increase in status chance or even 60% bonus damage to targets afflicted by a status effect. In regards to the name, it could be changed to either Mecha Skin or Mecha Overload. 

increased attack speed would be nice. It would increase the dps, statuschance per second and most important, there wouldn't be so many enemies who can run away, before the kubrow starts biting. So a triple solution.🤯🤯🤯

• Like 1