The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cloudwalker's fix was uncalled for.

Bloop

Holding shift worked as intended, the ability would be casted in a "sprinting" state just like toggle sprint did. This change effectively nerfed his overall speed, for an ability that is completely harmless and is one of the greatest mobility tools we currently have in-game.

Is there any point to preventing that extra speed buff, which you can activate if you wish? It was completely optional, why not leave it as it was? Or maybe let us activate sprint while in cloud walker, to slow/speed at will during the ability.

Edited by Bloop
  • Like 2

The game would be a smoking ruin if DE never touched anything the players "liked".

47 minutes ago, Bloop said:

an ability that is completely harmless and is one of the greatest mobility tools we currently have in-game.

You are overplaying your hand, here. There's literally nothing compelling about this argument.

• Like 4

Haven't played with the change yet. But somehow, deep in my bones, I know that this nerf didn't come with a fix to Cloudwalker's up/down movement (which were somehow unaffected by last year's rework).

Ugh. So much overpowered stuff in this game that actually hurts other players' enjoyment, but apparently Wukong moving fast is what stood out to DE.

Seconded. If only Sprint Speed could be an appealing stat and exilus stat for once. Can't have that, I suppose.

DE, please revert this fix/nerf and apply it in the other direction by letting it work with hold sprint, should that have been an actual issue. Until then I'm probably no longer using Wukong as a former regular user. (This isn't the only reason - Iron Staff has felt underwhelming since melee 3.0, and coincidentally enough, that also came with a mobility nerf with the slide attack no longer boosting Wukong forward as much).

• Like 5

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The game would be a smoking ruin if DE never touched anything the players "liked".

Hello, and I’d just like to point out that it’s going to be an even larger smoking ruin if they don’t touch anything the player base doesn’t like

Right now the Liches are that piece of crap that needs fixing and tweaking, and here we have a nerf to an ability that was valued simply for it’s speed. It’s completely uncalled for, except maybe by the speedrun community.

• Like 2

Before the patch you were able to sprint both with and without Toggle Sprint (with the dedicated Sprint button). Then came this "fix":

On 2020-01-23 at 4:36 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed toggle sprint carrying over into Wukong’s Cloud Walker (normal hold sprint did not).

Now sprinting just does nothing while in Cloud Walker.

Cloud Walker speed is now barely faster than normal sprinting and roughly equal to normal sprinting while tapping crouch without +Slide & -Friction mods.

This makes Wukong dead in the water for any kind of speedrunning. Which I consider a travesty. Wukong was one of the most fun aspects of this game to me, just soaring through levels at breakneck speeds. I had a lot of fun speedrunning Ukko, reaching my personal best of 26s a few months back.

I am very sad and disappointed to see this change take place. I sincerely hope you reconsider this change.

Edited by Arsonistic
For the record: Apparently threads expressing discontent over Wukong were merged. This was the opening post in another thread.
  • Like 2

Kinda sad, but not surprising. DE never liked players being capable of quickly completing missions or being fast in general(unless it works exactly as they intended), removal of old Raid mission type proved that much back in the day, then all the fixes and changes to Extermination and Sabotage, Itzal blink recently. A lot of people say that DE turned coptering into Bullet Jump but that's not really the case, because jumping out of sliding did provide a mobility increase even before DE gave it a slight boost, ability to aim it and then called it a bullet jump AND cut out coptering that allowed you to move at insane speed. So even that whole "wow they turned copterin into a feature" thing is just a well hidden mobility nerf praised by poorly informed players.

There are other speedy frames but Wukong was the best pick for me because of how easy he was to control considering the movement speed he had.

Oh well, I guess it's time to manage 2 timers and slam into walls as Gauss now.

Edited by Lone_Dude

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I just want them to buff exalted melees so Iron Staff can be good again.

This too. Between Iron Staff getting weaker, losing its forward boost on slide attack, and now this change, it's like they want to turn Wukong into "Inaros with a clone". His 4 is underpowered, his 3 is boring but does the job, his 2 is not significantly faster than parkour and even a simple spoilermode will probably wreck it, and otherwise it also does its unexciting job like 3, and his 1 exists, I guess - it's still reasonably effective and somewhat cool but it's not interactive in the slightest.

Edited by Blocknight

Quick: everyone stop using Wukong for a year! Gotta get DE to see that this stops people from enjoying Wukong and since they want all frames to have use,... maybe that will get them to revert it? I don't know.

This game probably needs a "BBND" moment (or several in rapid succession) if people actually want change (of which, it looks like people don't).

(If you guys are actually going to do it, could you at least start with getting the Hema research requirements to go down to a reasonable amount? I'm still farming those Mutgen Samples and it's painful to do still. *ahem*)

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93

1 hour ago, Godzilla853 said:

If you haven’t saw already it was a bug and they fixed it with yesterday’s patch.

According to this thread, there was no bug (i.e. people could sprint in Cloudwalker regardless of whether they used sprint toggle), contrary to DE's claim. I can't verify this myself, since I use sprint toggle, but some input from a hold-to-sprint person would be nice.

In any case, even if this is a bug, it's one of those bugs that makes a frame funner without harming anyone's experience in any way. That's the kind of bug that should be turned into a feature-- there's nothing to gain by fixing it.

• Like 3

This is beyond bizarre. I'd never used Wukong before the rework. This was his best ability. This was a "bug"? What was the point of him then? = / All the other handy things he comes with are nice, but if it's faster and easier to get across the room with a void dash, I can kinda do that with any frame.

• Like 1

I similarly use the toggle and always leave it on, so didn't have the occasion to have experimented with the held version.

I'm baffled that the way Wukong has been used since his rework is a "bug". I mean, this behavior was described on the wiki the entire time. Are they seriously implying that no one happened to notice until now? This is not a small thing, it's the most uniquely useful thing in his kit.

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 3