Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No difficulty

Strider_Alpha

11 hours ago, Strider_Alpha said:

Anyone else lost interest in this game because there is literally 0 challenge to any activity?

Unfortunately this lack of real difficulty is pretty community-mandated. A ton of people want this game casual, and changing it would drive a lot of those players away. Furthermore, creating challenge at this point where the player characters are this powerful would require either an abundance of new enemy-side cheese mechanics, or sweeping player-side nerfs, both of which would make a lot of players very upset.

Unfortunately, the only way I see having challenge here is by personally electing to make the game challenging for yourself. Pick the stuff that's interesting instead of the stuff that's OP and make it work. Throw a couple Utility Mods on your build and remove Adaptation (Aero Vantage changes the game in a pretty fun way). Tailor your experience to make it what you want to be.

Nah, not anymore. I used to want difficult content, but I realized that whenever DE tries to do anything to address that player request it always ends in "lol higher levels, more gear checks" content. Not saying they're alone in this tho, I'm just saying that's not the difficulty I want. I dont care for artificial difficulty.

Also, its not even that lots of players specifically crave challenge in the traditional sense. They want to feel like the time they wasted grinding hundreds of hours for meta gear and skills was not for naught. There are other, more interesting ways to satisfy a players desire for validation of their time investment than the usual, easy way of "kill these bullet sponges a thousand time to get the 0.01% drop chance rare mod" but that would require DE to turn the game into something that makes you feel like you progress and are able to change something with your playtime without throwing out carrot after carrot. Problem for us players is that if they made the game worth playing by itself, like games used to be, it would drastically reduce the dependency on the dev to feed the player shinies. It would make for a better game, and would even take a big load off DE trying to keep feeding the monster in the long run, but from a one dimensional economical view it's counterproductive.

Training players to accept new shinies as content instead of deeper, more engaging game modes or rewarding experiences makes them dependent on the dev, creating a demand for a supply only the dev is able to provide(within the confines of a single game). 

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, ShortCat dijo:

This is sad. There is a reasonable request to create a complaing experience, but most replies are like "Nah, we like that garbage the way it is".

Looking devstream 136. The things people want and mention the most in their answers:

7f141b3fe37ff82bc0dbfe4ea475521d.jpg

I dont see difficulty or balance as the main words. More New Content and Fix the Game. So its no just this thread. People want more of the same

Edited by Travis05

18 minutes ago, Travis05 said:

Looking devstream 136. The things people want and mention the most in their answers:

7f141b3fe37ff82bc0dbfe4ea475521d.jpg

I dont see difficulty or balance as the main words. More New Content and Fix the Game. So its no just this thread. People want more of the same

You'll never see those that are too busy enjoying the game as it is, complain on the forums or anywhere else for that matter.
And this is a matter of fact.
What we see, in this thread, and any other thread, is the "Vocal Minority", as with every other game in existence.

The moment money stops flowing in, is the moment DE knows they #*!%ed up. Untill then, you can voice your opinions all you want, it Will Not Change Anything, as long as you continue to talk with your wallet.

Myself? I fully agree with "Fix Game", "More New Content", "Less Old", "Lore", "Quest".
Bugs? make the game unenjoyable.
Lack of content? means less reason to spend time in the game.
Same old? makes for a boring adventure.
Quests? are fun, especially when they introduce the player to some of the lore behind the frame/weapon/gamemode, honestly the game should have something like this for everything that you encounter that is not immediately obvious.

Nice star btw, had to quote in case someone missed it the first time.

Edited by SocialFox

Farming John Prodman whith my friend ( 2 man squad) is my current goal.
After is doing a 1x3 solo...after i wanno do 1,50 MOT hour survival whith Banshee...,after that,  then resisting +1 hour in Orb vallis whit 4 pillons on.... Then doing 1-2 hour arbitration whit Mag,...then farming Nidus (not buying whith plat)..after..geting that last 7/7 part of equinox...and more and more....
So many personal achievments to get....some more difficult than others...

Considering the fact that a ton of people were saying on the forums how "impossible" or "impossible without top gear" it is to solo Railjack missions, while I casually completed all nodes solo without any plat spending (with 2 fails, one due to a bug), I can only deduce that this community doesn't want challenging. Like at all.

And hey, if you want challenge, you can always play Concalve... JK, I know you are talking about PvE challenge. Well I don't know, do a trycap solo, do Profit taker solo, do the Prodman run solo, do RJ solo, these are somewhat challenging for one person.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

1 hour ago, Travis05 said:

So, the best argument is specific wording? Apparently, "fix game" cannot be associated with a properly working enemy scaling or balanced Arsenal to promote more distict but viable choices; apparently, "more content" cannot include higher difficulty missions. Yes, when I am talking about a big, orange, striped feline animal, I am not talking about a tiger.

12 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Are you doing endurance runs? I find the difficulty gets bad for me, a newer player, after a certain amount of time has passed in a survival for example.

My question is: are the people saying the game has no difficulty just bored fighting level 500 enemies? Or are they staying in an arbitration for 1 hour and leaving?

Sitting in a mission for several hours isn't a realistic thing to expect from people, especially when it isn't even rewarding to do it, and the game doesn't even encourage it from a design perspective (no rewards, hourly rotation, some rewards tied to A-B). I can personally can only stay in missions for 2-3 hours due to life obligations.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Strider_Alpha said:

Anyone else lost interest in this game because there is literally 0 challenge to any activity?

Perhaps there are some challenging activities I have missed someone can mention?

There is just FAR too many OP frames / guns now. And there is no incentive to use a gun / build that makes things challenging, nor enough game modes that enforce this.

Thoughts?

No challenge in any activity? stop using the best strategy for them.
OP frames/Weapons making everything trivial? Stop using the best build for them.

Seriously, you're basically complaining that META exists.

I'm plaing Limbo ... with 300/225 health/shield against thrall missions ... You want challenge? You make it challenging, or you don't.
it's actually FUN not being able to just facetank everything and complain missions are too easy.

Honestly, I'd much prefer to Force Inability on myself, then revert to my Overpowered Godhood if Things get hairy.

Edited by SocialFox