Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Welcome to Wukongframe a Wukong game simulator

ScienceAndTennology

4 hours ago, ScienceAndTennology said:

thanks DE for making wukong a Cancer i really love the old wukong

so what you're saying is you want to just press one button to never die, and literally nothing else., because that's old Wukong.

so what if Wukong is popular? he's a really good frame. why does other people's frame choices rustle your jimmies so much?

smh...

• Like 4

Wukong is fundamentally the most powerful frame because he can hit enemies with his guns and melee at the same time. On top of that he has the second strongest self-heal in the game and the strongest absorb in the game (Nyx rework when?) And for lulz, if you take away your melee he is the only frame who can use the Dual Arca Plasmor

However, he is lacking one thing in combat and one thing for non-combat. In combat: he doesn't really have a long-range AoE nuke. He relies on his guns having splash damage and/or using a Spin2Win melee for that, while Saryn and Volt have it built into their kits

Outside of combat, he has no loot generation, thus ensuring Nekros, Khora, and Hydroid still have jobs

(Theoretically he doesn't have stealth either, but his Cloud Walk covers most of what you need stealth for)

He is in a rare position of being the best without being a boring meta-centralizing character (i.e. Brawl Meta Knight)

I don´t see too many Wukkies in Sorties, either.

I love my Wukong, he was a game changer while farming wisp parts and killing the big chicken. (you can simply cloud walk from tower to tower and also cloud walk to mount the chicken)

But I hardly ever use him for anything else than just some variety.

For Sorties/higher lvl content:

Spy? Loki

Rescue? Nezha

Capture? Nezha

Defense? Mesa 

Mobile Defense? Mesa

Disruption? Mesa

Assassinate? Depends on the boss. Often Trinity as team support.

Exterminate? Anything fast, sometimes Wukong, sometimes Nezha or even Mesa.

SO/ESO? Saryn

Arbitrations: Revenant / Nezha

Kuva Flood: Revenant

Low lvl nuking? Ember, Volt, Equinox, Banshee, Oberon....sthsth.

For simple star chart missions just use whatever you enjoy the most, it doesn´t matter really anyway.

Edited by IamLoco

Happy to see some Khoras lately as well; she's outpaced Mesa for Defense and Mobile Defense (as well as ESO, but Saryn exists) and it's nice to see people notice that and take advantage of what she can do.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Wukong's a good tank, with his twin drawing fire, bonus armor, intangibility and a full heal, not to mention his 3 free revives. Honestly, I'd like a buff to his 4 as it's pretty useless rn

But he's just that. A tank, nothing more. People don't want to die in sorties, surprise surprise, and wukong keeps you alive and gives you plenty of speed, but he's not a be-all end-all

Naw. When I need a tank, I use Nezha, whose DR is faster to build and stronger than Wukong's and multiplies against his armor instead of stacking with it. Being able to Cloud Walker out of a trouble spot and heal while clearing status is great, but in terms of raw survivability, it's no different than hopping into Operator mode with Magus Repair while playing Nezha, who's status immune under his DR anyway. Tanking was never the appeal to me for Wukong, he was a step down from my existing solution for that.

Wukong had a special role until today. On the one hand, he could put out more damage and tackle two targets at once, thanks to his twin; having an aimbot spectre with a fully modded up Chakkurr meant enemies dropping that I wasn't even paying attention to, really handy in a lot of situations, and it turns out, just a bit better than splashing those armor-halving fire procs and damage-doubling halos everywhere with Nezha. On the other hand, Wukong was also able to move a hell of a lot faster than Nezha, completely ignoring enemies as he did so, and was just really efficient in getting from point to point in a map to deal with objectives or clusters of enemies as a result.

But then the Cloud Walker nerf today removed sprint, and he's just slightly slower than Nezha again. For now, he's off my sortie team unless and until he's fixed.

All my top frames get their own weapons I try not to overlap on, and Wukong is losing his Chakkurr to Nezha on his way to the back of the closet. 

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ScienceAndTennology said:

Oh please im using the old wukong and its good the wukong now is a cancer whats the point of making new frames and making new prime while they are just using wukong for everything 

Well, Wukong can do everything but so can many other frames. Take Ivara for example. She can one shot Eidolon Limbs and can cheese all mission types. In fact, she's so cheesy that no one likes using her too often. I'd also like to point out that Wukong isn't particularly good at defending objectives. He can doesn't mean he's good at it. All frames can technically do all the mission types with no sweat. Wukong is just particularly good at survival and spy. However, he's not the most efficient frame for much of anything else. He's sorta good in spy but so is Wisp, Ivara, Loki, Limbo and Octavia. They fulfill a very specific niche of being good at spy mission. Just because you liked old Wukong doesn't mean everyone liked old Wukong. I would say Wukong has definitely improved.

6 hours ago, ScienceAndTennology said:

Prolly you're not doing sortie

I do the sortie all the time solo with any frame I feel like playing. The sortie isn't hard. Just the other day, I was using Oberon to assassinate Vay Hek on the sortie. He's not the most effective frame but I could do it easily no sweat. Any other frame can do it just as easily. I've done it with Inaros. Even Loki. If I'm feeling particularly frisky, might as well throw in Nyx. I do all my sorties solo so I know very well that all of them can do the sortie. Some frames can do certain jobs better than Wukong. There are just an influx of Wukong players a good while ago because Wukong got reworked and got a prime. Other than that one brief moment, I still see Wukong occasionally but not as often as I see Saryn or now Ivara because her prime just came out.

Am i reading this right? You have a problem with people choosing a frame that is not really hurting you in any way? 

I played mostly equinox until the time of wukong prime. I fell in love, the monkey is everything i need. He is fast, not squishy, dishes nice damage, but not crazy enough too make everything a breeze and fun to play (did you know that timing his 3 right prevents a lich heavy grab-hit) and looks amazing.

He is in a perfect condition, his 4 is less useful than a finely modded good melee, but otherwise one of the best reworks in this game ever. 

I would understand talking shyt about saryn, equinox, frost, khora, limbos, rhinos, inaroses and other frames that have the tendency to alter your experience drastically or just do mostly nothing except for tanking, but wukong? For real!? 

I think i might know where you come from. Probably a volt user that is not the fastest cause both of my wukongs wait for him on extraction, or maybe a saryn user and you are not getting highest damage numbers cause of my monkey, or maybe ivara/loki user and i am getting spies done faster than you can get there and i dont trip any alarms, or maybe inaros user i have to revive.. Such a shame.. 

If thats the case its me you see and dislike and i have bad news for you.. in railjack we multiply, there are like 5 of us.. XD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anduvriel said:

Am i reading this right? You have a problem with people choosing a frame that is not really hurting you in any way? 

I played mostly equinox until the time of wukong prime. I fell in love, the monkey is everything i need. He is fast, not squishy, dishes nice damage, but not crazy enough too make everything a breeze and fun to play (did you know that timing his 3 right prevents a lich heavy grab-hit) and looks amazing.

He is in a perfect condition, his 4 is less useful than a finely modded good melee, but otherwise one of the best reworks in this game ever. 

I would understand talking shyt about saryn, equinox, frost, khora, limbos, rhinos, inaroses and other frames that have the tendency to alter your experience drastically or just do mostly nothing except for tanking, but wukong? For real!? 

I think i might know where you come from. Probably a volt user that is not the fastest cause both of my wukongs wait for him on extraction, or maybe a saryn user and you are not getting highest damage numbers cause of my monkey, or maybe ivara/loki user and i am getting spies done faster than you can get there and i dont trip any alarms, or maybe inaros user i have to revive.. Such a shame.. 

If thats the case its me you see and dislike and i have bad news for you.. in railjack we multiply, there are like 5 of us.. XD 

Wll ok lets wait for wukongs clone to snipe tridolons limbs ok?im done of this BS thing you didnt understand what i wanted to say i mean come on we have so many frame yet why only using 1?and im using all of my warframes like all of my frames are a part of my life i dont want to be "bias"about a 1 frame i really miss the old warframe not this one 

Edited by ScienceAndTennology

56 minutes ago, Anduvriel said:

Heard they changed something, (watching some series in my free time and havent log in the since two days), is it that bad? 

As of right now, his sprint no longer works in Cloud Walker, and they're claiming it was a bug that it did for the entire several months since his rework. So CW is a barely noticeable improvement over normal sprint speed. X /

12 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

As of right now, his sprint no longer works in Cloud Walker, and they're claiming it was a bug that it did for the entire several months since his rework. So CW is a barely noticeable improvement over normal sprint speed. X /

wow what
(not that I ever used him for speedruns, I have nova) 
Is it in some patchnotes?

Yep. Ctrl+F for Wukong. The comment in the notes isn't even accurate, claiming that it was "fixed" by removing the ability when using toggle sprint while it already didn't work for held sprint. I don't use held sprint, but people who do have been confirming that it did in fact always work there too.

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed toggle sprint carrying over into Wukong’s Cloud Walker (normal hold sprint did not).
Edited by CopperBezel

34 minutes ago, ScienceAndTennology said:

Wll ok lets wait for wukongs clone to snipe tridolons limbs ok?im done of this BS thing you didnt understand what i wanted to say i mean come on we have so many frame yet why only using 1?and im using all of my warframes like all of my frames are a part of my life i dont want to be "bias"about a 1 frame i really miss the old warframe not this one 

And if i want to use that one i shouldn't? Because you think thats what i have to?

I used saryn, mesa, frost, nekros, equinox, limbo, valkyr, trinity, rhino, volt, ember, loki, ivara to an extent i dont want to play them anymore. Wukong is probably not even in top 10 of my most used frames, but i want to play him now. All the time. Why cant i? I try to master each of them slowly, but thoroughly. That is my choice how to play the game.

Tell me how does that influence your experience? Cause in pugs you see a wukong from time to time? Its a far worse case of limbo hate, literally.  

Clone is not one shooting eidolon limbs as he can't target limbs and equinox clone is far more powerful in terms of raw damage output, my clone equi build has twice the multi of my wukongs. If clones were able to do that its not wukong you should fear. 

Wukong is in a pretty good and fun place right now. His 4 lacks some scaling like all exalted weapons after the melee rework, but all in all there are many broken frames in everything wukong does, he is actually quite well balanced all things considered. You are being irrational.. 

19 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Uhm what?

CW = 30m/sec.

Sprinting = 7.1m/sec at 1.0 sprint speed.

Even with full on movement boosting mods sprinting will be significantly slower than CW.

Uhm what?

CW is not quite 30m/sec.

Wukong doesn't even have 1.0 sprint speed.

To clarify, yes it's still an improvement, and a noticeable improvement. There are exaggerations. Just don't agree with the 30m/s, or the Sprint speed. And lets not forget the fact that the ability has to be recast on occasion, slowing down the overall speed.

Definitely faster than sprinting, but the difference has dropped substantially.

Edited by DeMonkey

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Uhm what?

CW is not quite 30m/sec.

Wukong doesn't even have 1.0 sprint speed.

To clarify, yes it's still an improvement, and a noticeable improvement. There are exaggerations. Just don't agree with the 30m/s, or the Sprint speed. And lets not forget the fact that the ability has to be recast on occasion, slowing down the overall speed.

Definitely faster than sprinting, but the difference has dropped substantially.

Straight from the Wiki that has likely been tested over and over.

Wukong disappears into a cloud and hides himself from enemy view for 2 seconds. In this form, Wukong moves at 30 meters per second

Just as Zephyr has a baseline 30m/s movement, however it can be increased with duration while Wukong's CW is static at 30%.

As for sprint speed, that is the baseline sprint speed i.e 1.0, so whoever wants to exaggerate these changes can do their own math on the actual difference. Just for reference, Wukong sits at 7.4m/s baseline, since he has 1.05 sprint speed.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Cloud walker got a nerf ???

When and how ?

Doesn't benefit from Sprint Speed anymore.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Straight from the Wiki that has likely been tested over and over.

Shrug, not my experience but I'll take it.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

As for sprint speed, that is the baseline sprint speed i.e 1.0, so whoever wants to exaggerate these changes can do their own math on the actual difference. Just for reference, Wukong sits at 7.4m/s baseline, since he has 1.05 sprint speed.

We could, with some testing I can't be bothered to perform.

Based on recollection however, the differences should look like this, with obviously made up stats I pulled out my bum to make a point.

Pre-nerf: Normal run speed > 30m/s cloud

Sprint Speed > 30m/s x sprint multiplier cloud.

If say normal run speed is 4.5m/s and sprint speed is 7.4m/s then the sprint is multiplying your speed by roughly 1.65, and thus also multiplied the cloud by 1.65, resulting in a cloud speed of almost 50m/s.

On a Wukong with, say, Rush you have a Sprint speed of 10.1m/s, which is 2.245 times faster than run speed, resulting in a cloud travelling at 67.3m/s.

The drop from that cloud speed to the current speed is larger than the drop from current cloud speed to just sprinting around. Still 3 times faster, but for people who have been rocketing around, the change is rather severe.

Travelling at 70m/s is a bit on the ridiculous side, granted, but just nerfing it and calling it a day was not the solution imo.

11 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Old wukong was just called defy and was useless, new wukong is actually a well made frame. What you should be asking for is reworks to the weaker frames so they can compete with new wukong as great allrounders.

Well *was* a well made frame until DE nerfed tf out of Iron Staff with Melee phase 2 and now he just has his first 3 abilities to rely on. Which while he technically isn’t bad, losing Iron Staff was a massive blow to his performance.