Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swimming + Water Base Should Be Added In This Game(More Unique Environments)

Makemap

First of add swimming, and we should always start outside of the environment.

After seeing this thread.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116284-water-underwater-swimming-in-a-new-map/

Three types of water environments maps.

1) Sinking Ship/Base(possibly for Escape after objective is done).

2) Water Base platforms with elevators that take us deeper down into the huge base.

3) Flooded Base/Ship, but not sinking(possible Orokin Void as some part of the maps seems possible to be flooded for a whole new Orokin setting just like Derelict. Could be for Grineer as they have everything explosive).

Loots and Exits:

Note: The water could be on a rush like a fan is blowing at it, but shouldn't always be to add more varieties.

a) Swimming into flood rooms/sewers just to get to another room that is either a secret loot room or exit.

b) On surface, swimming across the river or from platform to another platform, due to lack of acess like broken bridge or broken platforms.

c) Swimming underwater to access panels or looting Lockers or chests that had fallen in the water.

d) Swimming from deep below the base to go back up to surface to exit on the shore or boat or dropship.

Enemies Swim:

a) Any Flying enemy units cannot swim(Ospreys, Corrupted, etc), Latchers and Rollers either deactivates or stuck down below and cannot come back up.

b) MOA's walk underwater(flooded sewers) unless it is very deep or running water(really fast running water) and cannot summon Ospreys(fusions).

c) All biological enemies are seen swimming(Rockets can be shot underwater)

d) Enemies can drown if stay under for too long(except MOA's/robotic enemies).

Elemental effects in water(Possible idea):

a) Poison, Acid, and Fire effects should disappear when you jump into water.

i) If Napalm launches their rocket in the water the fire effect is gone, but the explosion effect is still there.

ii) Infested dying in water their poison cloud doesn't appear.

iii) Beware of using "Hellfire" mods, and weapons like "Acrid" or "Torid" in the water as they are not as effective.

b) Ice and Eletric gets bonus range in water(small AOE spreading to next enemies if they are close enough). Just like how the new Derelict traps are with the electrifying water, but doesn't last forever.

It increases the range a little bit underwater. So the jump attack of weapon suchs as "Amphis(electric)" Boost its range a little bit to affect enemies further.

This also means mods like "Cryo Round"(Ice), and "Stormbringer"(electric) has a small bonus spread damage(excluding other mods like Hellfire or Serration) when fired upon enemies underwater or in water(which should have been added long time ago).

Note: This could be a great change for "Earth" as it is one of the planet that has water. We could even have it as a mix, some misions being on surface, some on ship like the one we have right now.

Edited by Makemap

Good idea, but I'm not sure how well swimming would work. But I was thinking of an underwater structure, like Atlantis, possibly of Orokin design.

Have you not played any shooter games with Swimming in it? GTA is one example, which means it would work 100%.

Update with elemental ideas.

Edited by Makemap

Have you not played any shooter games with Swimming in it? GTA is one example, which means it would work 100%.

Actually, truth be told, I've always despised shooters. But, then I found Warframe. I don't know what it is about Warframe, but I love it.

Actually, truth be told, I've always despised shooters. But, then I found Warframe. I don't know what it is about Warframe, but I love it.

That is because it is more RPG like with all the farming and crafting like Borderlands.

have you noticed how quickly you die when you're unable to retaliate to being shot while swimming across a river?

which means it would work 0%. 

things like swimming works great in a stealth game - which Warframe is not primarily.

things like swimming works great in a Singleplayer story heavy game - which Warframe is not.

personally, i'd rather be able to walk on the bottom of the ocean than swim along the top and get shot a billion times. 

i'm also trying to imagine the animations for swimming with these living suits of armor - normal swimming styles just don't look right. kicking your feet with some of these frames doesn't work well, because of the lack of a flat surface to push water. the arms of some of the frames wouldn't cope well with normal swimming techniques.

Tenno swimming would certainly be interesting to see, the wide range of shapes we have... makes traditional swimming almost out of the question.

Edited by taiiat

We have discussed this on the Animation livestream, no real solid plans for Swimming it seems but the water-exploration concept does come up from time to time.

I'm very glad to see that the concept of water exploration does come up & I'm hoping that it will be part of a future update to Warframe.

Thank you very much for sharing this info with us, DERebecca!