Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff companions

Jadous

Kubrows and kavats only viable on inaros with link mods. Simply because they are too squishy otherwise with buggy/stupid AI. Only 3 sentinels are above trash tier in their usefulness/utility.(damage is a joke btw). And moas are ok. In my opinion the game has evolved alot over the years and companions have many useless abilities now that we have many ways to generate energy, resources, etc (basically everything sentinels and pets used to do but better). Kavats and moas are clearly the best in terms of usefulness while kubrows and sentinels are garbage in comparison. A good solution would be to overhaul the companion and sentinel stats and their mods to make them a big part of the game not just some mr fodder. Share your suggestions below .

• Like 1

There is a mod i forget which that any melee damage you do heals your pet. as long as you literally tap a grineers head with a tuning fork every once and a while your pet is pretty difficult to down. I mean im not saying you're wrong that pets need a rework because they're made of lead paint chips and Flint water as far as intelligence goes and you seldom actually see them attack anything. But they're pretty sturdy. 

The mod is Pack Leader, which drops from drahks and feral kubrows. Mandatory mod for beast pets along with Link Health and Link Armor, Medi-Pet Kit, and for kavats, whichever evasion mod the breed comes with. Another good one is Tek Assault, which prevents downs long enough to heal your pet with some melee. My kavat builds use 4-5 forma and ignore their damage dealing in favor of survivability and abilities. I don't use beast pets with low-armor frames, instead using sentinels, but it's really a step down; if you have Arcane Guardian, that extends to pets through Link Armor, and they become a better choice than sentinels again for even squishy frames.

But yeah, my squishy casters get sentinels, usually Helios thanks to Deconstructor being able to lob out some viral and heat procs while carrying some Gladiator set mods for bonus on my melee. If you have maxed health and armor mods on a Prime sentinel and Primed Regen, they're viable; that's quite a lot of e-health and four invulnerability phases, and they'll die whenever you need to go to operator mode for a while, but they otherwise draw no agro and are only damaged by AoE attacks on your frame. Anything less than all that, though, they're not going to last the mission. 

I haven't used Moas since soon after they were introduced. Their AI made them so damage prone that even with their higher base armor, I found them squishier than my Adarza even when using a frame without much armor to Link, and of course, base stats mean nothing if you do have something to Link. I honestly couldn't understand the point of them.

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 1

Sure bruh tell my Sweeper Prime and his 260k kills how bad the dmage is (not to mention how super useful this Cryotra is). Also your whole post looks like you mad cause you bad? Idk, looks like to me.

I have no issue with my sentinels even at lvl 150+ enemies around (pro tip dont stand in bombards napalm, i heard its bad for your skin and sentinels also 4Head). They can heal themself and even revive 3x not to mention they can "outtank" like 1/3 of warframes ingame.

My smeeta dies once every like 10 kuva floods and thats just because i bring some squishy frame for funzies. So yeah bro you are dead wrong pretty much about anything you wrote. Yeah the AI of pets sucks, but who cares they are literally just source of buffs and if you expect them to facetank lvl 200 mobs, yeah not gonna happen.

Btw my Smeeta has like 11,5k HP and has even more armor than my inaros, so shes pretty much "the best tank" in the game (wish i could slap adaptation on her LUL).

Personally, I haven't had much trouble with my Companion (undeservedly) dying,
outside of maybe Eidolon hunts, just make Companions invulnerable when you use Void Mode, pretty please ❤️

But, then there's all those Pets from my Squad mates in regular missions bleeding out all over the place,
I'm honestly just so tired of that, so dunno, would it be too OP to make Companions simply invincible?

Or at least, make them enter a temporary "downtime" state after receiving lethal damage,
shutting off offensive capabilities and stuff, but keeping e.g. Animal Instinct and Vacuum intact.
Mods like Reawaken or Loyal Companion could be changed to affect the downtime duration.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Benour said:

Sure bruh tell my Sweeper Prime and his 260k kills how bad the dmage is (not to mention how super useful this Cryotra is). Also your whole post looks like you mad cause you bad? Idk, looks like to me.

I have no issue with my sentinels even at lvl 150+ enemies around (pro tip dont stand in bombards napalm, i heard its bad for your skin and sentinels also 4Head). They can heal themself and even revive 3x not to mention they can "outtank" like 1/3 of warframes ingame.

My smeeta dies once every like 10 kuva floods and thats just because i bring some squishy frame for funzies. So yeah bro you are dead wrong pretty much about anything you wrote. Yeah the AI of pets sucks, but who cares they are literally just source of buffs and if you expect them to facetank lvl 200 mobs, yeah not gonna happen.

Btw my Smeeta has like 11,5k HP and has even more armor than my inaros, so shes pretty much "the best tank" in the game (wish i could slap adaptation on her LUL).

You're right me wanting the game to improve=me salty and bad. Lel yeah carrier and Helios are the only sentinels worth getting and the last paragraph you proved my point that kavats and kubrows are only tanky with inaros. And finally kubrows and most sentinels need buffs/rework otherwise there is no reason to play any kubrows since kavats are better and only 2 good sentinels exist. sentinels and  Kubrows should offer something new and unique to be on par with kavats but in a different playstyle or usage.

• Like 1