Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Ignis Wraith Nerfed?

(PSN)heatguy1986

Question

I'm an on again/off again WF player on console. I decided to jump back in and check out "new" Ignis Wraith builds and came across this one:

I have all the mods in this build. The only difference is that:

• for Serration Mod, I have 1 more upgrade to do to fully max out this mod
  • for Heavy Caliber, I have 4 more upgrades to do to fully max out this mod

What's not making sense to me is that, I'm not even getting close to the damage output that the link is providing. I am 200 hundred points or so below Heat and Corrosive damage. Granted, my Serration and Heavy Caliber isn't maxed out, but those mods aren't level 0 either.

Did they nerf this weapon? What are your build suggestions (doesn't matter what type) for this weapon?

Edited by (PS4)heatguy1986

12 answers to this question

No,  they didn't nerf it.  Having your mods below max just has that much effect. 

Anyway,   I don't care for that build,  personally.  You're better off replacing Heavy Caliber with Vile Acceleration.  More shots per second mean more status procs and more consistent crits,   meaning better average DPS.  It's also a different multiplier meaning less problem with diminishing returns.  

Corrosive/heat is a good combo.  But now that heat halves armor,  I find that Viral/Heat kills faster in many cases due to the viral proc halving HP.   You might want to swap out Stormbringer for (Primed) Cryo Rounds or Rime Rounds.    Finally,   Hammer Shot isn't great. Multiple mods of one type have diminishing returns,  and Hammer shot isn't great.   My build uses Hunter Munitions instead.   Fast firing and decent crit mean that the gun gets a lot of slash procs with hunter munitions,  which bypass both shields and armor.

My Current build is

Serration,  Split Chamber,  Vital Sense,  Point Strike,  Rime Rounds,  Infected Clip,  Hunter Munitions,   and Vile Acceleration.    This melts Sortie 3 enemies rather quickly. 

Some quick Simulcrum testing shows that corrosive is faster than viral against Level 120 Eximus Bombards, but viral is faster against enemies with less armor.   

Anyway,  it's important to remember diminishing returms for stacking the same multiplier vs adding a new one. 

If you have normal serration,  adding Heavy Caliber will give you 1.65/2.65=  +62.3% over serration alone.   Meanwhile Vile Acceleration gives +90% and - 0.15/2.65 = -5.6%  For a total of +84.4% paper DPS,  more procs,  and more consistent crits.  Vile Acceleration is simply better if you have to choose between the two.    It's especially better if your Heavy Caliber isn't maxed out.

Edited by hyzmarca
More information
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hello heatguy1986! It looks like you have all four Dragon Keys equipped in your gear wheel, your damage is reduced by the Extinguished Dragon key.

This is actually a pretty common problem that new players face. Any chance that the system can recieve some sort of warning for newer players or some quick redesign (obviously not to spend a huge amount of resources on such a small issue)?

Just now, Skaleek said:

This is actually a pretty common problem that new players face. Any chance that the system can recieve some sort of warning for newer players or some quick redesign (obviously not to spend a huge amount of resources on such a small issue)?

That would be great if that could be done. I have to say that it was my fault as well. I was farming for Heavy Caliber in Orokin Derelict and left it. When I came back on I forgot that it was in my gear wheel. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)heatguy1986 said:

That would be great if that could be done. I have to say that it was my fault as well. I was farming for Heavy Caliber in Orokin Derelict and left it. When I came back on I forgot that it was in my gear wheel. 

I think everyone in WF has done this at least once. Also i usually see "why am i doing no damage" threads once a week, typically the answer is extinguished key. Also usually the first question people will ask.

Edited by Skaleek

Il y a 6 heures, NigglesAU a dit :

When did heat start to halve armor?

Since Ember's rework.

I agree with most of what @hyzmarca said.

Here is the build I use :
https://overframe.gg/build/new/909/ignis-wraith/?bs=WzEsOTA5LDMwLDEsW1s1OTAsMywwXSxbNjM2LDUsMV0sWzY1Miw1LDNdLFs2MTEsMTAsMl0sWzYyNCw1LDFdLFs1ODMsMTAsMV0sWzU4NCw1LDNdLFsyMzg0LDEwLDFdXV0=

I can't find room for Hunter's Munition, which is clearly an efficient alternative, but I love the result I already have.

Especially used with Saryn's Toxic Lash.

And if it's not enough for you (lol), you can even combine this with Saryn's augment "Venom Dose".
(Or Ember's "Fireball Frenzy", Oberon's "Smite Infusion", Volt's "Shock Trooper",...)

And bring hell to any faction.