Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this still considered LOS?

kwlingo

I don't use Khora but I know she has some good CC and damage numbers. I saw this video and I know DE is moving to Line of Sight abilities. Seems like whip bypassing walls is defeating the purpose of LOS. Wasn't this why they took melee through wall out of the game about 2 years ago?

Edited by kwlingo

Hmm, you are possibly thinking as Khora's whipclaw as an actual melee weapon that shouldn't go past walls, while the ability works like several warframe abilities that ignore LoS. Yes, in the past melee weapons modded for range would go past structures but, again Whipclaw isn't an actual melee.

• Like 4

damn, its starting to get attention now after almost a year. people are tryin to stop me from cool whippin' through floors and walls.

the good news, if they nerf a 8 meter attack, i can always move on to saryn with 40+ meter range since i guess that is less op... *cough*

Edited by Talinthis

It's a warframe ability, not a melee weapon.  If every warframe ability was line of sight based everything would be substantially worse ability wise in comparison to now.  Whether they nerf whipclaw going through walls is pretty irrelevant, as whipclaw is meant to be used on strangledome to destroy everyone in strangledome and strangledome goes through walls.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Why they didn’t update its line of sight for her rework is completely beyond me.

Does it even need a LOS restriction?

I really miss Accelerant's non-LOS CC, and I don't remember it ever having been called OP,
would it be so wrong for Fireblast to just take up that role in full now?

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Does it even need a LOS restriction?

I really miss Accelerant's non-LOS CC, and I don't remember it ever having been called OP,
would it be so wrong for Fireblast to just take up that role in full now?

I mean it’s 100% armor strip in an instant. I’d LOS that. But give it Baruuks Lull LOS where its effect basically just clings to the ground and crawls over obstacles.

DE is often on the reactive side with nerfs. Things stay where they are unless something is so much better than all other things that a huge percentage of the playerbase uses it over anything else. (Kinda like how Wukong is being used now.) Unless people start flocking to Khora more than they currently do with Wukong or Saryn, Whipclaw is probably safe.

• Like 1

But Whipclaw does respect LoS, if you directly hit something between you and the enemy it doesnt' hurt them but if you are aiming over it then it's AoE can hit enemies behind it, most of our melee weapons don't have an AoE though that can reach behind something before triggering.

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

DE is often on the reactive side with nerfs. Things stay where they are unless something is so much better than all other things that a huge percentage of the playerbase uses it over anything else. (Kinda like how Wukong is being used now.) Unless people start flocking to Khora more than they currently do with Wukong or Saryn, Whipclaw is probably safe.

That doesn't mean she's safe.  I remember Ivara getting a nerf to Navigator+Arca Plasmor before many could start using that combo.  Granted they did the nerf right after someone posted a YT vid showing how crazy the combo was. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

It's a warframe ability, not a melee weapon.  If every warframe ability was line of sight based everything would be substantially worse ability wise in comparison to now.  Whether they nerf whipclaw going through walls is pretty irrelevant, as whipclaw is meant to be used on strangledome to destroy everyone in strangledome and strangledome goes through walls.  

Therefore Titania and Wukong should have their exalted weapons bypass walls also? They are abilities. If primary, secondary or melee mods effect the ability than its part of the weapon category.

14 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I agree even myself use Wukong because the AI tweak for the celestial twin is great, 🙂 Warframe mentality the easier the grind the better. lol

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Therefore Titania and Wukong should have their exalted weapons bypass walls also? They are abilities. If primary, secondary or melee mods effect the ability than its part of the weapon category.

I agree even myself use Wukong because the AI tweak for the celestial twin is great, 🙂 Warframe mentality the easier the grind the better. lol

One of Titania's weapons can, just stick punch through on her guns. But neither Titania nor Wukong's exalted melee weapons have an AoE effect where it hits.

Edited by SilvaDreams

4 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

One of Titania's weapons can, just stick punch through on her guns. But neither Titania nor Wukong's exalted melee weapons have an AoE effect where it hits.

I love Wukong. The only thing that could make his kit better is a AoE ranged exalted melee preferable starting at 7-8m base.

Ugh, it's a video game people, it's supposed to be fun! Why must players always try and tell DE to take the fun out of the game?

I mean if we wanted to make an argument for realistic combat then explosions would need to be volumetric and increase in intensity if they were fired into a smaller area or hit a wall since the explosion would be forced away from it. So are you making the attack stronger when you remove a portion of its effective area?

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Ugh, it's a video game people, it's supposed to be fun! Why must players always try and tell DE to take the fun out of the game?

I mean if we wanted to make an argument for realistic combat then explosions would need to be volumetric and increase in intensity if they were fired into a smaller area or hit a wall since the explosion would be forced away from it. So are you making the attack stronger when you remove a portion of its effective area?

You should tell DE this. I didn't even get to test range melee through walls. After seeing the youtube clips on them i wanted to so bad. My heart was in tears when I was too late because by the time i started getting the riven mods they had nerfed it all.

Edited by kwlingo