Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing "worse" at Railjack gives the most exp; Please change.

Krehlmar

People keep shooting boarding-pods, yet 98% of all people playing (in veil) are doing the same 1st mission to grind exp. Guess what gives more exp? Killing the boarders instead of killing the boarding-pod. So eventhough it's a better "play" to kill the pod, it's much less experience.

The same goes for repairing. Pilot/crew playing perfectly and ship hardly getting any damage at all? 0 extra exp from repairs. What is the reward of playing this well? Some useless resources from 1-3 refines in the foundry. 

This needs to change, me and other clanmates are literally somewhat forced to play "worse" to gain exp faster. I mean I enjoy murdering the boarders but having to inform people in every mission to not kill the boarding-pods is inane. Not to mention it goes against everyones natural instinct to dodge and kill them. 

Solution? Make the boarding-pod give the same amount of exp as killing the boarders. How to solve the repairing I have no idea, maybe make it so that any resources you collect above the foundry-limit gives exp?

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Krehlmar said:

People keep shooting boarding-pods, yet 98% of all people playing (in veil) are doing the same 1st mission to grind exp. Guess what gives more exp? Killing the boarders instead of killing the boarding-pod. So eventhough it's a better "play" to kill the pod, it's much less experience.

The same goes for repairing. Pilot/crew playing perfectly and ship hardly getting any damage at all? 0 extra exp from repairs. What is the reward of playing this well? Some useless resources from 1-3 refines in the foundry. 

This needs to change, me and other clanmates are literally somewhat forced to play "worse" to gain exp faster. I mean I enjoy murdering the boarders but having to inform people in every mission to not kill the boarding-pods is inane. Not to mention it goes against everyones natural instinct to dodge and kill them. 

Solution? Make the boarding-pod give the same amount of exp as killing the boarders. How to solve the repairing I have no idea, maybe make it so that any resources you collect above the foundry-limit gives exp?

Similar for detonation of the crewship reactor, instead of killing the crew, pilot and gunners. 

Either way you killed all of the occupants, right? 

• Like 2

il y a 38 minutes, LoneWolveYoutube a dit :

Well, I mean, one requires work and one doesn't.  Even if they gave the same xp this would still be a problem.  You gotta just poopy on the xp you get from boarding enemies

It won't, because killing the boarding ship require you to act faster and is considered as "playing better", so by playing better you get the same amount of XP but doesn't need to kill enemies. In this scenario, one require you to kill a bunch of enemies in your while the other require youact quickly and focus the boarding ship with your railjack weapons.

i'm not sure what i think about it as aforementioned that the things that give more XP do involve the Player having to do more.
whether that's Boarding Pods, Enemies inside of Crewships/Bases, or Repairs - the style that gives more XP was more actual work for the Player...... it's a tough situation.

while Boarding Pods could just give you like 5000XP or something - then we're in a situation that now you're incentivized to not Kill Crewships or shutdown Bases until they have fired all of their Boarding Pods? :/
(i mean technically that's true now but it would be even more so)
so we didn't really get anywhere with that one.

maybe the ticket out of this hole is for Objectives to offer more XP. actually that definitely should just be the case anyways, so that Missions with actual Objectives can be worth considering for gaining XP, as alternatives to just Killing Enemies en loop.

and maybe for once in the history of this dam game, have some Achievements in Gameplay that award you XP. you know what i'm talking about, like how say a traditional shooter would give you more points for a Headshot, for a Multi-Kill, Et Cetera. those sorts of Achievements would be too easy for Warframe, but have some ingame Achievements.
you could offer all sorts of things, like taking out a Base within the first 2 minutes of a Mission, Killing _ number of Fighters with the Railjack not taking a single hit (or without Shields breaking, could have both).... that's all i got off the top of my head but you should get the idea.

Edited by taiiat

Stealth kills + completing mission is probably quite a bit more xp than anything else even with the added inconvenience of having to actually complete the mission now. 

I think they should have just given the majority of the XP for completing missions, but that would be a departure from how xp works in the rest of the game I suppose. It would mean everyone is getting the same xp and that you don't have to worry about trying to game the system to maximize xp.

3 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

Stealth kills + completing mission is probably quite a bit more xp than anything else even with the added inconvenience of having to actually complete the mission now. 

I think they should have just given the majority of the XP for completing missions, but that would be a departure from how xp works in the rest of the game I suppose. It would mean everyone is getting the same xp and that you don't have to worry about trying to game the system to maximize xp.

id love it if they moved it to end of mission xp.

The current intrinsic rewarding mechanics do seem backwards, as far as the dynamic of the game is concerned.

Ideally, people should be playing at the best of their ability to complete the objectives, and be rewarded for successfully doing that... naturally.

What we have:

Pilots:
They get barely any intrinsics (maybe shared xp from killed boarders? IF you're in affinity range? I'm not sure on this one, since at some points, I'd go seal some breaches and kill some boarders myself, so the 2 intrinsics I earned in a group where the others gained 10+ may have only been my own actions, and not shared affinity.) and they're constantly shooting down enemy ships, collecting supplies/drops, etc. It takes a great deal of situational awareness to pilot effectively - and you're stuck on the ship.

Engineers:
A fairly lucrative role. Everything they do is rewarded with intrinsic points (including fighting off the boarding parties). Personally, I find the role less-than-epic for a space ninja game and in contrast with popularized engineers in sci-fi settings who don't just repair a ship, but get it to run beyond its normal limits during stressful encounters.

Away Team:
These guys get the closest experience to the rest of Warframe, since they enter enemy ships, fight enemies, search galleons, fight bosses, etc. The intrinsics/affinity they gain on these excursions is kept to themselves, and is not shared with the rest of the railjack crew. At release (and still on consoles), they were(are) the only ones to get the contents of the chests/lockers they open, and boss drop blueprints. Playing with a stealth frame, they can even make use of the stealth kill experience multiplier to get even more intrinsics.

Gunner:
More of a "when you have a chance" role... shared between Engineers and Away Team when the ship doesn't need fixing, there are no boarders, and there are tons of enemy fighters to take down. While I haven't been to Veil Proxima yet (finished Saturn, and got gunnery to 7 in the last mission), the forward artillery and its use of dome charges without being able to personally aim the weapon... and still cannot one-shot crew ships in the veil without stripping their armor with a Carcinnox, seems entirely redundant and costly to use compared to just sending over an away team of 1 to take out a crew ship's reactor and recall warp back... so I only really count the side turrets as the place for a gunner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What we should have:

ALL experience/affinity/intrinsic gains from ALL crew members (regardless of where they are and what they're doing) is shared among the entire crew.

Bonus experience/affinity/intrinsic gains from completing objectives. (big enough that aborting would feel like an undesirable loss - Along with the return of keeping intrinsics on mission failure/abort - because this unfairly punishes people who were not abusing aborting, especially with how buggy this mode is, and all the forced abort/failures from said bugs.)

Pilots:
Rewarded for killing enemy fighters at the very least. As noted, they should share affinity gains with all the actions of the entire crew. Killing off a ramsled should be equally rewarding as fighting them off once they get inside. (and since the affinity would be shared, no loss by doing your job correctly, plus it saves time and makes the engineer's life easier - while also preventing fires and electrical hazards from appearing that would have otherwise been even MORE sources of intrinsic gains... so really, killing the ramsled BEFORE it hits should provide MORE intrinsics than a full boarding party.)

Engineer:
Crafting usable resources should be the highest gain of the current intrinsic-gaining activities they perform. Putting out fires/electrical hazards should be the next tier. Sealing ORANGE ruptures in the hull is next. Saving the ship from imminent destruction from a RED breach is last, since it really has to be done to keep the mission from failing. This rewards not "gaming the system", and dealing with problems as they happen. In my "ideal" rework of Engineer, they'd get intrinsics from boosting the ship's stats on the fly, supercharging the railjack, rather than being cleanup and maintenance.

Away Team:
All that really needs to happen here, is all intrinsics gains and drops being shared crew-wide.

Gunner:
Killing enemy ships with the Railjack's weaponry should grant everyone experience/affinity/intrinsics. Killing crew ships with the forward artillery rather than letting the Away Team doesn't seem like a decision that should be "gamed" regarding the intrinsics you gain from either choice, so I'd make killing a crew ship with the artillery equal to killing the currently present crew of the crew ship (in case the Away Team boarded the crew ship and already killed some and then warped out, and then you killed the crew ship with the artillery, despite a diminished crew.)

Massively increased vacuum.
What does vacuum have to do with intrinsic gains? Nothing, directly, but this needs to be said in every railjack thread. But realistically, if you vacuum everything up that drops along the way, this drastically reduces the downtime between missions scavenging for every single avionic drop and every scrap of titanium by flying your pilot through the thing (honestly, sometimes I have to get my warframe's pilot body to pass through a drop to pick it up... not just the nose of the railjack.) thus increasing your overall intrinsic gains through playing the missions. Plus, actually getting the drops from the fighters will provide your engineer the needed supplies to keep making revolite, etc.

• Like 1