Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Observations which can lead to gameplay improvement

ParadoxNow

I'm not gonna do your work for you, DE. Whoever is coming up with all the specifics for quests and requirements WITHOUT taking into account the programming capabilities of his or her team is just a little fanboy dreaming too big for his pants. So I've been hearing about this Erra quest for weeks now. Didn't get to do it because of your stupid Host/Railjack system. Where I have no upload speed so everyone who joins has 500ms at least. My friend Didn't have the credits necessary to make a railjack due to normal issue a 18+ year old (your game age restriction) has, such as work. Why in God's good name is there no system in place to transfer host while maintaining your railjack? No need to BS me since I did complete missions on other people's railjacks when their connection dropped (along with the cute "Railjack don't belong to you, please return it to the owner's drydock"). I even managed to recreate this with my friend, yet once he becomes host to me disconnecting my wifi, I can't join anymore. Nor can he invite. So you have a system in place but haven't bothered to make it full. Now here is a short list of problems, that contributed to the massive community backlash of this otherwise actually nice looking and sometimes fun gamemode. 

The Build requirements for this are too high for a casual player. (which is fine provided there are enough High Level players with stockpiled resources) Need I state you need approximately 25% of the player base having the capability to EASILY create a railjack? If you want it to be played and enjoyable (Spoiler, it isn't, since I can't find hosts on multiple of the what, 35 nodes available at pretty much any time of day) 

The active refusal to let payers stockpile in your desperate little attempt in making people come back tot he game (MCGamerCZ said it best about you locking intrinsics so once the 4 trees are maxed you can't get them anymore to prepare for the 5th tree). 

Moving the most fun bits of gameplay (F Art, Slingshot, Archwing Warhead, Drifting, just basic boosting???, 360 etc) Behind any kind of grindwall??? You want to get casual players to play as well? which is your dominant population? And spend time in your game? Imagine having to play mario for like 5 levels without having the ability to jump, and then "gifting it" to the player after the 5th level. And then you have the audacity of adding the most useless and boring skills available in the tree and treating them as if they would make you god on earth? Reduce incoming damage by 10% while boosting??? what? and I need to fork out like 360 intrinsics for that useless crap? Do you have any idea how boring and even useless these kinds of abilities are? Do you play your game? 

After playing a few hours a day for like a week I got to the point where I can solo the beginning the VP. You know what this means? I'm not gonna care about your Command tree when it's gonna come out. I didn't even minmax, which you kinda tired locking behind RNG. Imagine what your tryhard playbase can do at this point. I've seen people with somethign like 8k health just zooming across the battlefield, having guns that 4-5 hit enemies. (Little secret, my ship only has a Vidar Reacotr Mk2 wtih 69 avionics and 20 flux, decent but nowhere near the best at it's tier, and nothing else maxed. Nothing that is even MK1. Not even the dojo researched stuff, cuz why would I? Mk3 givs a bit of a boost but nothing amazing, so imma just tough it out till MK3 is reasearched and never get Mk1 and 2. 

Now your lovely little archwings. I am among the few that actually enjoyed archwing. Before one of you inspired designers decided to remove the Powered Jetpack component in favor of the all equipped boost. Expreimental Archwing was amazing, and fun. Not it feels like in a San Andreas jetpack. In space where there is no gravity and I am a robot ninja. Cool. Then we consider how we had this happen because everyone was using Itzal. Well guess what. Because of you high ambitions now everyone is just using Amesha. Did you ever consider correlating each type of enemy fighter to one ground unit? and Each archwing weapon to a regular weapon? And each archwing to a similarly suited warframe? then just multiplying the values by 20 for all in space activity? (I am not sure this might work but I can't find a good reason not to. I can't imagine you WANT people to somehow shoot grineer jets with an aksomati or have a nongravitron archwing weapon be used in normal ground? So why so damn difficult on the ballancing. The enemies currently oneshot people without amesha. You don't even get to see the projectiles. So what's the point in going out? 

NOW the reason I am writing this post. Why would you, in the ever living hell, force players to play the RAILJACK quest solo that repetitive stupid mission SOLO, and then have them play a highly awaited (due to content starvation not anything else) questline ONLINE. In VEIL PROXIMA. WHILE NOT MENTIONING PARAZON needs to be equipped???? You know what happened? I saw the mission pop up countless times on nodes I did not have unlocked. Why didn't I have them unlocked? Nobody is playing them. I could play them with my ship if I had 1-2 other players but they can't join and I can't use my ship and even find them online. Then I eventually grind a bit, optimise my playstyle, and finally unlock half VP. Finally node blinks. I join with other people, we do the 30 min misison, and when it comes to enter the cave. I can't. No explanation, nothign, I just see the drop in animation then find myself promptly out. Only to read online after the mission ends and nothing happens for me, that I needed PARAZON. Now the node? Gone. Cannot replay for now, don't have the pointer to Tenno Quarters, and am stuck being angry that a game I enjoy is so badly thought out in favour of being grindy and cashgrabby. A game that 3 years ago would put player enjoyment first because it understood that is what is successful. You can make all the crappy surveys you want to find out why people hate your game mode. But using ambiguous phrases that tell nothing is useless. 

Instead of adding a S#&$ty arm cannon that does nothing, why not spend a few more days on having your software designers figure out a "Transfer Host" button. Or "Select Squadmember Railjack" (cuz I know you don't want 1 person in the clan grinding for 1000 people) But just make it so that as long as he is in the mission another teammate can be the captain. 

I know this might get me banned but I am this close to just losing any faith I have in this game. Despite all the bad stuff, despite all the badly timed grinds, quests etc. I was still there telling friends and commenting on other forums "man you won't beleive how fun this new game mode is", "The storyline just got so much more epic". "The new mad designs and easter eggs are soo cool". Just when I was gonna have the satisfaction that my grind and time spent was gonna pay off with the quest line. Puff shattered. Just wonderful. 

Edited by ParadoxNow
Changed title for accuracy

8 hours ago, ParadoxNow said:

Why in God's good name is there no system in place to transfer host while maintaining your railjack?

because it got rushed out the door. take not of this answer, it's probably the answer to a bunch of other complaints too.

The Build requirements for this are too high for a casual player.

in terms of building the railjack, the only difficulty I encountered was farming the new resources, but this can be countered by joining other's railjack sessions. granted though, I do have a stockpile. I also noticed my credits take a significant hit. I don't bother with Index much and sell Inventory to keep afloat, but a couple of times I ended up poor, and for someone who hasn't got The Index yet, well.. I guess good luck farming dark sector defense like we did in the old days.

(MCGamerCZ said it best about you locking intrinsics so once the 4 trees are maxed you can't get them anymore to prepare for the 5th tree). 

that is kind of shady. I know why it was done, to make another Intrinsics grind so players have a reason to play.. but they could have let it slide IMO since not everyone wants to solo with the NPC crew: many people would rather try to get a good group together and communicate. let's face it, the AI will likely be garbage anyway, especially at launch, so it's not like you'll be missing much.

Moving the most fun bits of gameplay (F Art, Slingshot, Archwing Warhead, Drifting, just basic boosting???, 360 etc) Behind any kind of Grindwall

I'm guessing they did that to try and force players to learn the basics of piloting, gunning and engineering before they can start throwing themselves off the ship, otherwise some people would complain about newbies wasting Dome Charges and doing nothing but using the Slingshot.

I'm not gonna care about your Command tree when it's gonna come out.

to each their own, I'm hoping it's at least serviceable enough that I would only have to stop piloting occasionally when things really go south. as I said though, AI will probably not be that great anyhow.

WHILE NOT MENTIONING PARAZON needs to be equipped????

do you mean Paracesis? you have to have that to break the Anomaly Crystal, but your Parazon (the hidden blade) is a piece of equipment all Warframes have now.

why not spend a few more days on having your software designers figure out a "Transfer Host" button.

that would still take time though. wouldn't swapping hosts at a button press be akin to pressing for a Host Migration? I don't see how that could solve much since it would have to reload the mission to transfer hosting to another player, and during that time, you could get kicked, as happens often with unexpected host migrations. if you're wanting a way to transfer hosts on the fly, with no loading, I'm not sure that's even possible, but then I'm not an expert. you'd be better off asking someone that knows coding and such.

I get you're frustrated, but honestly it's not like any of us can help. oh, and believe it or not, you've actually got it better than me, because you're on PC, so you have had fixes. we've still got a hot mess here on consoles.

Thank you for the reply. You are correct about the Paracesis, that is what I meant my apologies for that one. The host migration often results in crashes because right now they don't even treat it as a gameplay option. They treat it as emergency mission recovery. The thing that messes missions up most is having a host with low upload speed to sync the packets of the main map and the client maps, I believe. I really don't see why they don't invest in a system that lets players choose to be host, or choose to only be clients. I know the decision would affect queue time, but let's be serious about this, wf has no queue time, only load time. So you could spend 10 seconds there to packet test and then swap the host before the mission begins. I get it wouldn't work during missions (with what infrastructure they have currently) but perhaps you could do it between checkpoints like on rotation increase for longer missions. It already happens if the host chooses to extract, so why not take it a step further. This is something they really need to invest in especially if they ever consider merging RJ with ANY opeworld, as syncing and loading that kind of space on a less than good connection is not going to be possible. 

As for the Command Tree, I mean there is no reason to invest right now, since having 5-7 points on each of the other trees already makes the mode soloable right now. So why would I need another tree that would do what I already do? Especially when you consider what you said of it probably being unplayable in the first few days after release and then badly balanced for a few weeks more. 

Also fair point about the skilllock for the basic features. I get using the F Art after Rank 5. And I get building Dome Charges after Rank 5. But why would you lock Manoeuvring and 360 Turret view behind the levelwall. Right now new RJ players might think that they can leave the railjack, and go do some dmg on their own because they have level'd up archwing and weapons.Only to get obliterated. So what's left to do? Just twiddle your thumbs around putting out fires like the crewperson that keeps taking the same notes of the reactor. all kinds of fun. 

And RIP for the console thing... Really nothing can be said about that..