Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova is great and all but like. Can we take away the wormhole?

(XBOX)AlatusU

As a 2400 hour nova main (45% Nova Prime, 16% Nova, I know the stat pages are wrong, but still, it takes a lot to get those numbers where they are) I would hate for them to get rid of worm hole. What they really need to do imo is make the Null Star augment, Neutron Star, be part of the basic ability. I currently run Escape Velocity, Molecular Fission, and Neutron Star all together and it's the most fun way to run nova atm.

Never change Nova PLZZZZ. Small tweaks are needed, and some of her energy colors are bugged, but she's a great frame to use for nearly 90% of the game.

And regarding "singularity" isn't that already a vauban and nidus ability?

Edited by (PS4)slova77
didn't want to spam a separate comment
  • Like 6

I don’t blame you. I see where your coming from. If they made the 2nd ability augment create a singularity rather than the absorb for enemy bullets I’d be perfectly okay with that. I love nova as well I recently started actually playing around with her. It would just be nice to see more unique, beautiful, and cooler abilities. Like some of the newer frames get a lot of TLC while older frames still have either really bland kits and no flare or just boring looking and behaving abilities.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)Cephalon Vol said:

Create a particle of immense density that it implodes and creates a black hole. 
feedback please

Antimatter Drop.

Wormhole is a fantastic mobility ability, for a warframe who is very squishy, being able to escape or just go to a high position is amazing.

Also, Vauban already has the black hole.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:

Antimatter Drop.

Wormhole is a fantastic mobility ability, for a warframe who is very squishy, being able to escape or just go to a high position is amazing.

Also, Vauban already has the black hole.

Vauban has a vortex. I’m talking crazier. Like void hole from Railjack.

Nova just hasn't been touched in a while. So a lot of the visual effects just aren't up to par with frames like Ember after her rework. Her fire effects are 10x better now. Nova doesn't need a rework, but a touch up on ability aesthetics and effects would be welcomed. Like why is wormhole a rounded rectangle with a line extending from it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)slova77 said:

Nova just hasn't been touched in a while. So a lot of the visual effects just aren't up to par with frames like Ember after her rework. Her fire effects are 10x better now. Nova doesn't need a rework, but a touch up on ability aesthetics and effects would be welcomed. Like why is wormhole a rounded rectangle with a line extending from it? 

Oh no definitely not a rework. She’s amazing. I just like having discussions with other players. I don’t do it enough and region chat can be too toxic to discuss with sometimes lol. But yea an FX revamp would be awesome

Just now, (XB1)Cephalon Vol said:

Oh no definitely not a rework. She’s amazing. I just like having discussions with other players. I don’t do it enough and region chat can be too toxic to discuss with sometimes lol. But yea an FX revamp would be awesome

Same! I really appreciate seeing other players discuss her given how much I use her. She's been solid for a long time tho so she hasn't had many updates to really make her as flashy or appealing to newer players like some of the more recent warframes.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Cephalon Vol said:

But I agree. She does have a lot of damage. But even it could replace her 2nd. I think a singularity would be better as it would be less hassle for control and you would have more crowd control as well

If I could touch up her second ability, I would either make it a 100% radiation or blast proc so even if you lose track of the orb and can't do damage, it would still have a nice cc effect.

What if Wormhole was part of movement mechanics instead? For instance: Hold Jump after bullet jumping to blink.
By the time your frame twists back around and starts to lose that momentum, if you're still holding, 'wormhole' forward.
Continue to hold: Pressing roll after cooldown will 'wormhole' again.

6 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

What if Wormhole was part of movement mechanics instead? For instance: Hold Jump after bullet jumping to blink.
By the time your frame twists back around and starts to lose that momentum, if you're still holding, 'wormhole' forward.
Continue to hold: Pressing roll after cooldown will 'wormhole' again.

That would be the first frame of its kind. I like it tho

Just now, (XB1)Cephalon Vol said:

That would be the first frame of its kind. I like it tho

There have been some neat ideas recently from @ShichiseitenYasha on how to make all of the rolls in game more frame specific, stylized, and uniquely effective. Kinda running with that idea a bit here, in making use of the movement mechanics to individualize a frame's kit.. inspired by that at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)slova77 said:

What they really need to do imo is make the Null Star augment, Neutron Star, be part of the basic ability.

Very much this. It's funny, because it sits right along with Molecular Fission as an augment that's also really about Null Star, but while MF is one of those model augments that changes the way the frame plays and how her abilities work together and is worth a mod slot without feeling mandatory, Neutron Star is a classic bandaid for an oversight in the base ability. I can't think of another frame who can be cursed so severely by the existing cast of an ability and can't recast to cancel it by default. (Of course she can also just jump out of bounds or into a nully bubble, which just illustrates the problem of its being an augment even further.)

I don't see the point of removing Wormhole or what Nova would gain from another damage ability. Now, I build mine for Null Star and Molecular Prime, so I don't really use Wormhole or benefit from much direct damage dealing on her, particularly since a good Null Star really requires Narrow Minded and directly benefits from low range, which also kills the range of Wormhole and the explosion radius of everything but Antimatter Drop. I'm also not building for much efficiency because of how those abilities work. If anything, if she was going to get more damage dealing, I'd rather just get a(nother) copy of Oberon's Smite augment.

Oh, actually, Antimatter Drop is the next ability I'd want to adjust if adjusting was needed, since standing still and shooting at a ball while steering it with your camera is the most awkward and time consuming way to pump damage into anything, and is rarely worth the AoEification it provides even when I'm building for enough efficiency to use it. Even having it launch quickly and stick to a surface, then absorb damage until it capped out or hit the end of a duration, would be better, and would still benefit as much as the current version does from the existing augment, since it would now be a bulletproof bubble wherever you want one absorbing enemy damage.

Edited by CopperBezel

32 minutes ago, (PS4)slova77 said:

I bet they’d rather build a new warframe around one of those abilities

They got to Ember, Vauban, Wukong.... Updating old assets is a lot cheaper than creating all new art, and taking months to mold it into something workable. There are frames that absolutely need some love, but when they have time they do what they can. Sometimes it takes years.. can't deny that.. though after those years, or at any point within that time, the landscape of the game changes. Nova is primarily used for her 4 set to speed in order to hustle defense missions.. that's hardly utilizing the development that went into making her. All the more reason to see her get a change up some day.

Edited by kapn655321

1 час назад, Arsonistic сказал:
I mean, they obviously hate things going too fast and Nova is the fastest frame by a huge margin after they S#&$ all over Wukong.. sooo expect "great" things for nova

😄

The wormhole has existed for 7 years and has not changed much. This was not a problem, even when there was an endurance system for movement. Why would they change that now?

2 minutes ago, zhellon said:

The wormhole has existed for 7 years and has not changed much. This was not a problem, even when there was an endurance system for movement. Why would they change that now?

I wasn't entirely serious 😛

Just throwing some shade on DE for doing stupid crap.