Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn is god tier

(XBOX)IMM0RTALBLUD

I got a low duration high range saryn build, with a miasma range of 53 meters its able to hit every enemy spawn on hydron if standing in the center of the map, i've used the build for a while and its usually unmatched by any other saryn player or any other warframe in terms of speed killing power, seems like i suffer very little for having such a large range, ability cost is not a problem because of zenurik school, strength is not a problem because of viral proc, and duration is not a problem because of spores... 

Duration: 47%

Efficiency: 160%

Range 265%

Strength : 130%

try it out yourself. Hydron, Sedna

build has space for regenerative molt too so i really feel like saryn's abilities range is too high, a nerf to strength would most likely make people annoyed because of high tier mission where range is not such a big deal although for Hydron on Sedna, Saryn, again just feels like i do not even need to watch the screen or move and sometimes i played with one hand without even watching the screen! A nerf to range would help with balancing. saryns 4th is ludicrous.  

• Like 1

I can do the same thing with Equinox and a Tigris Prime/Exergis. Or have almost the same reach with a max range Vauban Vortex, which also pulls through walls.

And what you are doing with Saryn requires you to get LoS on at least one enemy to cast Spore, and then hit it at least once to spread it, then use Miasma. Otherwise, you won't deal enough damage to kill all of the enemies, as some of them will have too much armor to die to a single cast of Miasma at 130% strength without the 4x damage from spores. Unless you are in a party with 4x CP, in which case a Nova or a Banshee can also kill them all, because Grineer without armor are really easy to kill.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

I got a low duration high range saryn build, with a miasma range of 53 meters its able to hit every enemy spawn on hydron if standing in the center of the map, i've used the build for a while and its usually unmatched by any other saryn player or any other warframe in terms of speed killing power, seems like i suffer very little for having such a large range, ability cost is not a problem because of zenurik school, strength is not a problem because of viral proc, and duration is not a problem because of spores... 

Range 265%

build has space for regenerative molt too so i really feel like saryn's abilities range is too high, a nerf to strength would most likely make people annoyed because of high tier mission where range is not such a big deal although for Hydron on Sedna, Saryn, again just feels like i do not even need to watch the screen or move and sometimes i played with one hand without even watching the screen! A nerf to range would help with balancing. saryns 4th is ludicrous.  

Go ahead and run that on Kuva Survival 100 and post a video.

• Like 1

My view on Saryn is that she's built really well and all of her abilities synergize how we wish most frame abilities did, but the concept that I think DE was going for was for her to strip armor and slowly tick away health as it spreads from enemy to enemy. Right now, she barely even takes that time to strip their armor and they're all CC'd and dead within a couple seconds. Their should be some kind of diminishing returns where her spores aren't spreading and killing so fast that you don't even need to use miasma to kill them. I'm sure a simple power nerf would just mean more power hungry builds, but then maybe that takes away from efficiency and just spamming 1, or causes players to mod for less range. 

I just hope they don't completely rework her, because I think she's built well, just a little too strong in how much damage her abilities do at low levels. Her abilities already include two of the most potent status effects in viral and corrosive, so she still be relevant late game, just cut down the base damage of those abilities in a way keeps her from just one-shotting every enemy on the map.

Edited by (PS4)slova77
missing words, oops
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)slova77 said:

My view on Saryn is that she's built really well and all of her abilities synergize how we wish most frame abilities did, but the concept that I think DE was going for was for her to strip armor and slowly tick away health as it spreads from enemy to enemy. Right now, she barely even takes that time to strip their armor and they're all CC'd and dead within a couple seconds. Their should be some kind of diminishing returns where her spores aren't spreading and killing so fast that you don't even need to use miasma to kill them. I'm sure a simple power nerf would just mean more power hungry builds, but then maybe that takes away from efficiency and just spamming 1, or causes players to mod for less range. 

I just hope they don't completely rework her, because I think she's built well, just a little too strong in how much damage her abilities do at low levels. Her abilities already include two of the most potent status effects in viral and corrosive, so she still be relevant late game, just cut down the base damage of those abilities in a way keeps her from just one-shotting every enemy on the map.

nice, I do enjoy speed running exterminate missions with saryn with high range, is so fun

Just now, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

nice, I do enjoy speed running exterminate missions with saryn with high range, is so fun

Her abilities should give a more similar feel to nova's molecular prime. Affects all the enemies within her range, but basically makes them all 1 shot kills from your weapons. Synergy between warframes and weapons is an important aspect of warframe too. Killing everything with only abilities probably means you're too over-powered.

Of course she's strong, for sure. But not blatantly stronger than quite a handful of frames.  But she's literally made for that environment, and Sanctuary Onslaught.  That's like getting upset that a Shark is too strong vs Wolves,  in water.  That an Ax is more effective at chopping wood than a sword.

Meanwhile you almost never see Saryns outside of ESO, and not even overly common in defense.

16 hours ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

Hydron Sedna is a low tier mission with low tier enemies. 

Anything under level 70+ is low tier. Sorties, Raids, Railjack, and arbitrations all have you fight high level enemies. I consider these missions the baseline for determining how strong warframes are. Saryn's damage and range is her only selling point. 

So why do you want a frame to have her largest advantage taken away from her cause of a low level mission? Why do you want her nerfed cause she's good at killing enemies in a horde shooter? Saryn isn't tanky. Ever since the melee rework, I'm not even sure how toxic lash boosts her melee defense. 

(Toxic lash gives her blocking a damage reduction, but I think that is kinda pointless now?) 

Miasma is fine. Saryn's doesn't need to become the next trinity after being nerfed to oblivion and back. Please stop spreading the "nerf" everything mentality. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

How is this OP? You only go on Hydron to level your gear. How are you gonna level your gear if you use Saryn to kill everything? Your gear won't get the affinity.

When you kill things, regardless of how you kill it, you get exp that is shared among all your gear. 

You can very easily go in as Saryn with a weapon or two and level those weapons up using nothing but warframe abilities. 

If a warframe other then you kills something and you are in affinity range, your warframe gets 25% of the affinity and the rest is evenly split among the rest of your equipment and gear.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

When you kill things, regardless of how you kill it, you get exp that is shared among all your gear. 

If you kill with an ability, 100% of the Affinity goes to your Frame.
If you kill with a weapon, 50% of the Affinity goes to your Frame and 50% goes to that weapoon only.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

If you kill with an ability, 100% of the Affinity goes to your Frame.
If you kill with a weapon, 50% of the Affinity goes to your Frame and 50% goes to that weapoon only.

That's simply not true. Go into hydron with nothing but a Saryn and a weapon with no experience. You'll find it gains experience when you kill with your warframe. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

That's simply not true. Go into hydron with nothing but a Saryn and a weapon with no experience. You'll find it gains experience when you kill with your warframe. 

No. You're dead-wrong. Any affinity gained to weapons is because other players kill enemies, which spreads affinity (kind of)evenly across your gear.

Read up on the wiki page for more details: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Affinity

Edited by Arsonistic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

It doesn't. Your gear will leech affinity from the three other people you're playing with. It doesn't help the Saryn player unless you have a focus lens on her but I guess the other players will benefit from your kills if they're forma-ing their gear. I don't think that's OP at all. You might say Saryn and Mesa are like affinity farming frames while Nekros, Ivara and others with loot abilities are loot farming frames.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

Range 265%

Sounds a lot like my ESO build.

However, that you built a thing that broke some missions is kind of the whole point of Warframe. Asking for it to be nerfed just hurts the players that don't have hard to get corrupted range mods.

Your build sounds perfect for Hydron. Bring a newbie friend with gear to level and you can max their kit for them in no time.

I find a lot of MR gear that really hurts to level. Garbage that you don't want to put an Orokin catalyst on, that won't scratch most enemies. Stug, Karak, Convectrix, etc. Levelling that directly sucks, but go play with someone else and their kills will level that gear in no time.

So one player can get focus while another levels useless gear. That seems a pretty awesome build to me. Why nerf it?

11 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

sloth no GIF

Of course she's strong, for sure. But not blatantly stronger than quite a handful of frames.  But she's literally made for that environment, and Sanctuary Onslaught.  That's like getting upset that a Shark is too strong vs Wolves,  in water.  That an Ax is more effective at chopping wood than a sword.

Meanwhile you almost never see Saryns outside of ESO, and not even overly common in defense.

ha ha

12 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

-snip-

in reply to your question; for me, It seemed like it was too "easy" to gain affinity using that saryn config. could clear the first 5 waves using just 1 or 2 ability casts per wave with a spore range of like 42 meter the damage numbers create a mexican wave across the whole map haha

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Pablo said he's looking at Saryn for possible rebalancing. I think he said something about line of sight but I could be wrong. 

It is actually too easy to make the the rest of the team unnecessary when she is around so it was expected. 

Thank you, finally someone who knows.. I often feel like I AM TAKING THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME FOR OTHERS when I play using Saryn, It does not make sense for Saryn to have all that Dope and then Garuda for instance (IMO much cooler) to have a 4th ability that only deals damage to enemies inside the lines. I'm not saying make her any weaker but making Saryn harder to use would be fantastic and a challenge. (challenge accepted) 

3 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Sounds a lot like my ESO build.

However, that you built a thing that broke some missions is kind of the whole point of Warframe. Asking for it to be nerfed just hurts the players that don't have hard to get corrupted range mods.

Your build sounds perfect for Hydron. Bring a newbie friend with gear to level and you can max their kit for them in no time.

I find a lot of MR gear that really hurts to level. Garbage that you don't want to put an Orokin catalyst on, that won't scratch most enemies. Stug, Karak, Convectrix, etc. Levelling that directly sucks, but go play with someone else and their kills will level that gear in no time.

So one player can get focus while another levels useless gear. That seems a pretty awesome build to me. Why nerf it?

Nice! I've played for a long amount of time (years and years and years) and I LOVE how using your abilities wisely and precisely can be rewarding, I appreciate your views but for me to do it so effortlessly (low energy cost, minimal/no movement and be rewarded so greatly seems unbalanced, Saryn does need some sort of nerf, something that adds challenge if nerfing range, strength or duration would have consequences. I like how Pablo is already on to me 😛 *sneaks off*

13 hours ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

you guys are right lol, saryn is really great, gara is admirable but past 20 waves hydron gets weak, tried it myself, whereas saryn just gets stronger and can handle more with zero support from others

Then you are not playing Gara correctly.

Gara have more survival and scale way way way faster than Saryn. 
Gara's downside is range, so yes you would in comparision to a Saryn not get as many kills, it would take way longer before mobs even would be close at being able to deal damage towards you, and once they are in range you pretty much instantly deletes everything, be it a level 1 mob or a level 200 mob.

1 hour ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

Over a couple of weeks I used Saryn on Hydron to level most weapons, it was really fast. 

Then you were not getting a lot of kills with Saryn, due to how affinity is distributed.

Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.