Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn is god tier

(XBOX)IMM0RTALBLUD

53 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

I don't understand weather you're talking about Splinter Storm or Mass Vitrify

Cause I just can't get Mass Vitrify dmg to scale properly, and if you do know how I'd be very happy if you shared that!

It's gotta be Splinter Storm. People just use Mass Vitrify as a thing to Shattered Lash at and build up her stack. It's a very ... awkward style of gameplay, but allows her to become a blender of infinitely scaling damage, which she can also cast on other people.

Edited by CopperBezel

19 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

It's gotta be Splinter Storm. People just use Mass Vitrify as a thing to Shattered Lash at and build up her stack. It's a very ... awkward style of gameplay, but allows her to become a blender of infinitely scaling damage, which she can also cast on other people.

As I thought. 

I was really hoping I could find an alternative ganeplay to that- Mass vitrify, shatter, play for 20 seconds while nervous about the timer, repeat. 

Anyhow, on topic-

Places like Hydron play extremely into Saryn's kit, of course she'd shine there, just like Wukong is unbeatable on Spy missions

Every frame has his own style and kit, and While it's true that most of them don't unequivocally dominate like Saryn can, building into that requires you to give up a lot of dmg and survivability, so I say it's fair

Edited by (PS4)SrebX

If you're farming affinity or focus, you'd doing Onslaught. If you're doing Onslaught, you're nuking with Saryn. If you're nuking with Saryn, you're converting around 80% of available enemies directly into frame affinity as fast as the Sanctuary can replace them. The thing you said, it's very not true.

18 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

Oh look you wrong again cause Mass Vitrify is legit way to nuke things in this game and its damn powerful (until armor scaling kicks in on higher levels). And surprise surprise you can even use stat stick for that. Mindblowing i know...

On thread: if you want to level up weapons, then you want to kill stuff with said weapon or just leech kills from teammates, you dont want to nuke with saryn while leveling up this Braton you know...

As others have suggested, I find the following are similarly OP in a typical Hydron squad, with an optimal build for the purpose: Volt, Mag, Oberon, Banshee, Mesa, Frost, Equinox, Gara, Gauss, Grendel (it's a bit more work with him), Khora, Mirage, Octavia, any frame with 2x R3 arcane strike and spin2win (yes, even after melee 2.99997 or whatever...), any frame with an Ignis Wraith, no frame whatsoever with a Shraksun amp just void dashing around and firing your amp's secondary fire mode.

So to address your observation, it's either nerf all of the above into the ground along with Saryn, leaving the game a much more bland game, or you can just accept that this game isn't evenly balanced, and that it has extremes in the build options available.  My thought is the second option is more appropriate.  If you disagree, maybe you'll prefer a game like Destiny 2 or Anthem.

Edited by eboomer

On 2020-01-28 at 11:23 PM, TearsOfTomorrow said:

... Why.

What is the point of a topic like this. Warframe is a PVE game with virtually no PVP component to speak of, which means that no matter what map/mission/type of content you play, there's never going to be anything on the line. Your gameplay experience is yours and yours alone, especially if you play solo. So why do you care if Saryn has high damage potential? If you don't like the fact that she makes things "too easy" (newsflash: the game itself is easy as a whole) then just play some other 'frame.

Besides, that build for her isn't even that good.

I care about it because the balance must be served... Using Saryn in a mission is like using a cheat code, in a game where most of the content involves killing a bunch of enemies, if I don't want to fail a mission I load Saryn with the config I posted and not fail, ever, it is a cheat.

On 2020-01-28 at 11:29 PM, Bakaguya-sama said:

I laugh when people try to compete with saryn. 

Sure if you want to sweat all that effort to get a higher dmg and kill count number and stroke your epeen, be my guest. I love it when people go out of their way to play the game for me.  

The point of saryn is that I can go half asleep on my keyboard and will still be able to clear  the maps up to any level thanks for scaling DoT damage with corrosive and viral proc.    

If people think that so much killing power cab be put behind pressing 1 and 4 every few minutes, then Im fine with it.  Only Umbra forma ive spend is on Saryn. I have no problem playing her.  

But if she needs a nerf, its super simple: limit duration on her 1. Why does her 1 even has unlimited duration? It let her make duration her dump stat, run overextend and all the corrupt strength mods for big damage and AoE.  

No srsly, its that simple. Limit the duration on her 1 to like... 15 seconds base value. Then you are done.  

right. thx 

On 2020-01-29 at 10:03 PM, Ver1dian said:

Breaking news!!!

AoE frame good at small, high density maps.

Next up - A debate between a forum troll and a leecher on the topic of why are people complaining about Saryn on the forums, but bail in E/SO or Hydron when there isn't one.

That's all from us for now, tune in at 10 to find out why two out of three players use Inaros in Arbitration.

lmao

On 2020-01-30 at 4:08 PM, (PS4)SrebX said:

I don't understand weather you're talking about Splinter Storm or Mass Vitrify

Cause I just can't get Mass Vitrify dmg to scale properly, and if you do know how I'd be very happy if you shared that!

I find modding your melee gives bonus damage to your 1st ability although I forgot if that increases the radial damage of the 4th, once 20 or so waves was passed i found the enemies did not die and was in need of buffing, but gara is quite balanced seen as how she has a good use in excavation, it's my go to frame for excavation 

On 2020-01-30 at 5:21 PM, (PS4)SrebX said:

As I thought. 

I was really hoping I could find an alternative ganeplay to that- Mass vitrify, shatter, play for 20 seconds while nervous about the timer, repeat. 

Anyhow, on topic-

Places like Hydron play extremely into Saryn's kit, of course she'd shine there, just like Wukong is unbeatable on Spy missions

Every frame has his own style and kit, and While it's true that most of them don't unequivocally dominate like Saryn can, building into that requires you to give up a lot of dmg and survivability, so I say it's fair

ehhh idk man I'm still standing here strong saying saryn OP lol, don't get me wrong the abilities are super cool and i understand its saryn's thing to be able to kill in the way it does with the spores and the virus thing however the way you can jus stack up your damage on all enemies in a 60 meter radius to 1000/2000/3000+DPS until everything is dead without any of those enemies fixing themselves a vaccine is beyond my understanding

On 2020-02-01 at 2:44 AM, eboomer said:

As others have suggested, I find the following are similarly OP in a typical Hydron squad, with an optimal build for the purpose: Volt, Mag, Oberon, Banshee, Mesa, Frost, Equinox, Gara, Gauss, Grendel (it's a bit more work with him), Khora, Mirage, Octavia, any frame with 2x R3 arcane strike and spin2win (yes, even after melee 2.99997 or whatever...), any frame with an Ignis Wraith, no frame whatsoever with a Shraksun amp just void dashing around and firing your amp's secondary fire mode.

So to address your observation, it's either nerf all of the above into the ground along with Saryn, leaving the game a much more bland game, or you can just accept that this game isn't evenly balanced, and that it has extremes in the build options available.  My thought is the second option is more appropriate.  If you disagree, maybe you'll prefer a game like Destiny 2 or Anthem.

Nothing compares to Saryn's spores right now man, nothing. do not kid yourselves...SAryn willl get nerfed.

2 hours ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

Nothing compares to Saryn's spores right now man, nothing. do not kid yourselves...SAryn willl get nerfed.

That's the weird thing. Saryn's been in this state for a looooong time. I've been expecting a nerf the same as everyone, but it just continues to not happen.

4 hours ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

I care about it because the balance must be served... Using Saryn in a mission is like using a cheat code, in a game where most of the content involves killing a bunch of enemies, if I don't want to fail a mission I load Saryn with the config I posted and not fail, ever, it is a cheat.

Wrong and no. 

I can load into any mission ever as [insert tanky or cc frame here] A cheat code is something that makes enemies unable to kill you. (Like Nidus or Wukong) And every tank frame, CC frame or support frame can literally go through a mission and never let themselves be in danger of any damage. 

Saryn is a damage only frame. She offers nothing but damage. No CC, no survivability. Killing LOW LEVEL enemies on a small map is fine. She's not a limbo that can be immune to damage and completely freeze enemies. She's not a tank like rhino that can flick on iron skin or damage reduction. She's a dps frame, that kills enemies or gets killed. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

if players leave the game because of something like that then they do not deserve to be playing. Good riddance mate!!! hahahah

Better then players leaving the game for it being to close to Anthem/Destiny and every enemy making it feel like you rarely ever do more damage. 

You need to realize you are wrong, as warframe is all about feeling powerful. It's the entire point of the game.

5 hours ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

Using Saryn in a mission is like using a cheat code

Then don't use her. Problem solved. Warframe is a PVE game with nothing on the line, so you have no reason to care about what other players do. You only need to care about what you do, so again, if you don't like using Saryn don't use her.

On 2020-01-24 at 10:59 PM, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

... Duration: 47%

Efficiency: 160%

Range 265%

Strength : 130% ... 

This is really low level content build which is far from optimal even for ESO beyond wave 6-8. Saryn does not need efficiency, it is a waste of mod space that gimps the damage output IMHO. There are always ways to generate energy rapidly. Most people use Hunter adrenaline plus Arcane grace/energize and Magus repair. You should not be downed if playing attention up to ESO waves 14-16. Energizing dash is too slow and while still can be useful, if used alone without any other energy supply, will lower the dps considerably. Regenerative molt is also a waste of mod space IMHO. Saryn is optimal when built purely for dps. You can safely use Duration 100%, Efficiency 45%, Range 280%, and Strength 194% with Umbral vitality and intensify for 1K health. Her armor is 300 which gives about 50% damage reduction for a total of about 1.5-2K effective health. That should be sufficient unless you really want to go afk and watch a movie. If going melee, Magus lockdown is highly recommended (optionally with Void singularity, Temporal blast and Void static+Voltaic blast+Lightning dash to disable the enemies) to ensure survival in 100+ level content. Otherwise, it is safer to use medium range guns (blast for squad with 2-3 CPs or corrosive otherwise, or both with Redeemer) and stay on the move.

Also, a dozen+ other frames can nuke low level content, such as Hydron, even more efficiently than Saryn. She only shines is some ESO teams (Mirage is still better to clear first 8 waves), kuva requiem defense and survivals if somebody can expediently dispose of nullifiers, and levels 4-5 lich defense, survival and excavations. A number of other frames can also do the job, especially with some minimal team coordination, but Saryn is usually faster and easier. It is really a niche frame IMO.

Edited by akots

4 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Saryn is a damage only frame. She offers nothing but damage. No CC, no survivability.

Ehhhhh

She has 225 armor, 300 for the Prime. Either one is doing better than 50% mitigation with Steel Fiber, and the Prime's already there without it. 

Molt is entirely about CC, with a speed bonus for survivability. Played right, it can eat quite a lot of enemy fire that would otherwise be meant for you or a defense objective. There's even an augment for healing.

Miasma, among other things, is a radial stun. 

She's not a tank, and you're not wrong that she's wholly about damage, but "no survivability" is just not accurate.

9 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

Ehhhhh

She has 225 armor, 300 for the Prime. Either one is doing better than 50% mitigation with Steel Fiber, and the Prime's already there without it. 

That;s literally nothing dude. Tank frame like Nidus who gets 70% damage reduction from armor, then an additional 90%? Most people don't build saryn for tankiness, and if you read through the builds, even the OP built her straight damage iirc. 

She has a good amount of armor for a caster, but her only damage reduction (which most frames have of some sort now) is lost somewhere under melee 3.0. Unless you mod her for health (which most people don't) she's nothing special when it comes to that. 

Molt isn't hard CC. as if a bombard hits said molt with an ogris, and you are nearby? Still going to do damage. It's a decoy to get rid of, and as most people are building damage saryn's the augment isn't going to be the focus of the build. 

CC sayrn really isn't a thing. Miasma's stun is soft CC as well as it doesn't last more then a few seconds. 

When I say CC frames, I mean frames that can totally neuter enemies in terms of damage output. Rhino's stomp is much better CC as the enemy can't do anything. Nezha, Limbo, Ivara, Equinox, ETC levels of CC. (Where they can sleep, or lock enemies in animations unable to attack) 

And are you really going to pretend Saryn is anywhere as tanky as Nidus, Inaros, or Rhino with armor skin? 

You are either an extreme casual or simply are oblivious to what real tanks/CC frames can do compared to Saryn. She's all damage, and there's literally nothing wrong with that. 

Yes, she's very powerful in a small defense area, fighting Grineer, under level 50. Obviously she should get a nerf. Unlike Volt or Mirage or Equinox or Ember who couldn't possible do anything similar to Saryn. Saryn is just way to powerful.

I guess what I'm saying is, DE, please nerf McCree.

Edited by Grave.Knight

7 minutes ago, Grave.Knight said:

Yes, she's very powerful in a small defense area, fighting Grineer, under level 50. Obviously she should get a nerf. Unlike Volt or Mirage or Equinox or Ember who couldn't possible do anything similar to Saryn. Saryn is just way to powerful.

I guess what I'm saying is, DE, please nerf McCree.

Or frost, javelin excal, mag, octavia, mesa, revenant and banshee.... 

Edited by (PS4)UltraKardas

6 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

And are you really going to pretend Saryn is anywhere as tanky as Nidus, Inaros, or Rhino with armor skin? 

You are either an extreme casual or simply are oblivious to what real tanks/CC frames can do compared to Saryn. She's all damage, and there's literally nothing wrong with that. 

I'm not pretending anything. = / I said in the same post that she's not a tank and that she is indeed entirely about damage. There are squishier frames, and there frames that have less CC than she has, so "no CC, no survivability" is an exaggeration. But clearly you didn't mean it literally and we're good. *Shrug*

4 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

I'm not pretending anything. = / I said in the same post that she's not a tank and that she is indeed entirely about damage. There are squishier frames, and there frames that have less CC than she has, so "no CC, no survivability" is an exaggeration. But clearly you didn't mean it literally and we're good. *Shrug*

No, you are just being a snob. 

No HARD CC abilities that are designed to primarily give CC. Nothing like Loki's disarm, Mesmer Skin, rhino stomp, etc. No skills that improve her survivability via damage reduction, invisibility, protection or damage negation. 

Saryn has spores, (damage ability) Molt for quick getaways, melee and gun buff, and a radial aoe. 

When I say CC, I mean radial blind, molecular prime, Limbo's stasis etc.