Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod idea

ZealousStalker

I like rending strike and where it does fit in with melee weapons it really makes them shine in its own unique way but as far as I know its the only 60/80 mod like that.

would be super cool to see something like [slash & smash] : 60 slash 80 impact or [impact rupture] 60 impact 80 puncture with it. 

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Yeah I always found it odd how they only chose those two damage types to be paired. On the other hand, Impact is completely and hilariously useless so I don't see why you'd want to upgrade it.

Perhaps because people have different playstyles, not everyone cares about what the "best" thing is, and more options are always good. 

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

What kind of playstyle prefers inferior damage types? Even on impact-based weapons, upgrading Impact damage is a bad move.

On weapons with mainly impact, like say the war, upgrading impact gives the most extra damage. And impact does more damage against shields. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

There's a difference between off-meta and useless. 

I repeat, there's a lot of people who play the game for fun. I know it's a difficult concept to grasp for some players, but there's people who like to use some weapons despite their (according to your opinion) "useless" stats.

10 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

What kind of playstyle prefers inferior damage types? Even on impact-based weapons, upgrading Impact damage is a bad move.

The damage isn't great, but the proc is underrated. It's niche but can be useful. A high percentage of Impact on a decently fast Status weapon (most sparring weapons for instance) allows to stagger-lock enemies.