Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ten Commandments Of Pickup Games

AlchemistMute

1. You must bring at least one weapon or Frame that can support your own weight.

2. Upon joining the game, you must greet your teammates, and ask who has what Frame.

3. You must carry out the mission respectfully and peacefully. Do not spawn camp or rush ahead of everyone.

4. The datamasses are all carried by one person.

5. Do not complain about "killstealing", as the person doing so is saving you energy and ammo.

6. You can be disappointed by someone's loadout, but do not b*tch about it in the chat. It is still a weapon that can kill.

7. If someone goes down, no questions, revive them.

8. Absolutely, positively do not leech off of your teammates. You have weapons - use them.

9. Every Tuesday is Taco Tuesday.

10. If you are a good host, host all your games. If you are a bad host, join a good host's game. If the game is unbearably laggy, don't complain and leave.

An honorable Tenno must respect and follow these rules if they wish to have a peaceful and successful pickup game.

1: basic decency

2: unnecessary. Then again, I am an anti-social jerk

3: basic decency

4: in a game where secondaries often outperform most primaries it's not a huge deal if you have multiple people toting datamasses

5: basic decency

6: basic decency

7: basic decency

8: basic decency

9: hell yes

10: I cannot blame anyone who leaves due to unplayable lag, but complaining does indeed not make it go away

1: basic decency

2: unnecessary. Then again, I am an anti-social jerk

3: basic decency

4: in a game where secondaries often outperform most primaries it's not a huge deal if you have multiple people toting datamasses

5: basic decency

6: basic decency

7: basic decency

8: basic decency

9: hell yes

10: I cannot blame anyone who leaves due to unplayable lag, but complaining does indeed not make it go away

This unless the team are a bunch of rushers then Ill go ahead and out rush them.

Replies are bolded in quote:

1. You must bring at least one weapon or Frame that can support your own weight.

Well, I'll be contributing, but don't expect me to have a single piece of fully ranked gear on unless we are doing some kind of organized high level play. Like t3 void, or high wave defense, or long duration survival. Usually I'll have some of my gear at rank 20+ and some lower, but I can't honestly say this game ever requires much more than that for anything I'm doing with a PUG

2. Upon joining the game, you must greet your teammates, and ask who has what Frame.

Eh, that's a preference, and I'd prefer not to. I chat with clan mates but in PUGs, nope. I'll respond to any chat, even a "hi" but I'm not going to initiate, and if nobody else does that's just fine by me.

3. You must carry out the mission respectfully and peacefully. Do not spawn camp or rush ahead of everyone.

Maintain forward progress and we'll be fine, you go down behind me and I'll head that way but if you are so far back I can't get there in time I write you off for the rest of the game. I don't equip speed mods, and I'll lay off sprint if nobody is in the same room as me, but if I'm playing as a slow frame, haven't been sprinting for most of the game, and have completed the objective before you get there, then there's really nobody to blame but yourself.

No, split is faster. Two objective icons means I'm heading in which ever direction at least two other people aren't. Not sure what else to say on this count

5. Do not complain about "killstealing", as the person doing so is saving you energy and ammo.

Also, giving you affinity for weapons you aren't using. I tend to immediately ignore anyone who starts complaining about kill stealing.

6. You can be disappointed by someone's loadout, but do not b*tch about it in the chat. It is still a weapon that can kill.

You're point number 1 seems to conflict with this one a bit. Me, I don't complain about anyone else's gear, ever.

Hmm, no, if they are being door heroes/spawn campers they are on their own. That's a hard rule in my book. Also, if they get downed way the heck far behind, after I run back towards them and realize how slow they are being I just tend to ignore them from that point on.

8. Absolutely, positively do not leech off of your teammates. You have weapons - use them.

Well, there's leeching, and then there's leeching. Don't get me wrong, I'm dumping fire from my rank 6 weapon into mobs on kappa, but I'm also not counting on that to actually rank it up, if you know what I mean. That's the whole reason I'm in a mobile defense to begin with.

but what if you already had tacos on Mexican Monday? Is it ok to just make a quesadilla then?

10. If you are a good host, host all your games. If you are a bad host, join a good host's game. If the game is unbearably laggy, don't complain and leave.

Well, I'll inform, "awful host, can't play this", then leave if it's really bad enough. And I host fairly often myself, but often I click on a mission, and even though I'd like to host, nope, it's already launching in to it.

An honorable Tenno must respect and follow these rules if they wish to have a peaceful and successful pickup game.

#1 is friggin gold. i almost never level more than one piece of equipment at a time. at the very least, i always have my Frame and one weapon that can carry my crapgear, or atleast two weapons to carry my Frame.

is #2 really necessary? i'm not much for pleasantries personally. if i have something to say, i say it. i feel like i'm wasting Oxygen if i say pleasantries to people. it's just so useless. #Efficiency

also, i'd prefer if the Players Panel in matches had the same features as the Players List in lobbies does. i also generally just stare at people if i really want to know. yeah, i'm creepy like that. i'll run over and zoom in, examining them as if i'm some sort of prostate inspector. i also enjoy well done color schemes, so i usually look at peoples' gear to see what people have for colors. sometimes i see really good stuff and i make sure to compliment for it.

i almost never really rush in Warframe. i constantly move towards objectives, using a mixture of sliding, lazy Spin Dashes(just getting extra velocity, not really trying to crank distance, not in any rush) shortcuts in certain tiles, etc. i do go for loot rooms and stuff a lot though, so people keep up with me most of the time. i don't try to go as fast as possible, but if someone is basically just using Sprint / Jog the entire way to the objective, you're doing something wrong. i understand some people just can't stand to use these movement strategies, but i casually use them in my movement to avoid most of the match being running, 'cause that's boring as hell. 

splitting on large numbers of Data Masses is far more efficient. 

5 & 6 are fine.

generally, i absolutely revive them. i admit, i yank my clannies' chains sometimes, but other than that, pretty much just always revive them. 

unless they're not getting a hint in continued dying and they stay where they're getting owned or something, which then eventually i'll stop.

also if people are way hella back from where the rest of the team is, i'll try to get to you, but if you're out of range for me to get back there... you're on your own. you should move a little faster.

8 & 10 logically make sense. however #10 is hard since people that know they're bad hosts (most of the people that are know it and don't want to host, they're not evil people!) end up being forced to host. letting people prefer not to host if they're not good hosts, would fix said issue.

i agree overall, but my 2 cents on particular situations.

Edited by taiiat

Replies are bolded in quote:

I think you hit the nail on the head with these, I agree completely. 

Rule 13 (or whatever we're on): If you're on kappa (or kiste/cyath/graeae/lua), stay by the terminal

Rule 14: If you're on kappa, stay by the terminal

We're all there for the same reason (to farm affinity), don't be an idiot and go into the middle to spam your ult. you're not going to lose the mission, and it doesn't make it go any faster if you're sitting there getting all the kills away from everyone else. I'd say just stick together, but a responsible player will stand by the terminal, and you shouldn't be punished for defending the terminal properly, so just all stay in the main room

1.  Agree

2.  Unecessary.  It's a PUG, I'm probably never going to see these people ever again.  I'll say hi if they say hi first.

3.  Agree

4.  In a game where secondaries often outperform most primaries it's not a huge deal if you have multiple people toting datamasses

5.  Agree

6.  Agree

7.  Debatable, this depends on my current situation, the circumstances surrounding said downing, and my distance to said player.

8.  Agree

9.  No every Tuesday is Taquito Teusday, tacos are too messy.

10.  Requires system fix by DE.  

Edited by Mega_Tyrant

1. I say no. I am rank 10 going 11, I am mass spamming horrifyingly "inefficient" weapons to level up.

The best you get out of me is a Banshee or Rhino spamming Sonar or Roar as I need the damage boost.

Do the rest on your own.

2. I don't care. And I don't expect anyone to greet me.

3. I go with the flow. But if I am in my Frost and you are still slower than me (no quick rest / marathon), the burden is on you.

4. I prefer to split. I can carry my own weight even with grossly "inefficient gear" very well (ie lots of running). Besides the exp and mod rewards are poor in data mass missions. Thank you.

5. I won't. In fact I want you to press 4 more often ! Like as fast as you can. I will feed you my energy if I could ! More 4 you press, the fastest I level up my mastery :3

6. I don't care what you use.

7. Not if he is 10 miles out, that is a waste of time.

8. See 5. 

9. Don't care.

10. Can't stop people from leaving.

Edited by fatpig84